First Litchi Waypoint Mission
1479 11 2017-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6604269d
New

United States

Hi All,

New to the forum and the DJI Phantom. Loaded up the litchi app and ran a waypoint mission with the Mission Hub - way cool.

Here is a youtube video of the event...

Nigel S

Pennsylvania
DJI Phantom 3 Pro
Litchi app
Nvidia Sheild

2017-1-15
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Nigel, thanks for the great Video. Looks great. I am really pulling my hair in ref to getting this application. I hear some horror stories about it casing crashes etc??
2017-1-16
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

That should be causing crashes above. Also is the app compatible with all android tablets?  Any help you can give me Nigel is much appreciated!
2017-1-16
Use props
bob37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260384 ft
United States

I love that app.  I flew to a lake a mile away KNOWING i would lose contact because i tried to fly there without Litchi.  I was out of contact for the outer 1/3 of the flight!  I was SO SCARED.  But my bird (P3A) came back without a problem.  You can see that i am not as gutsy as you - I was at 250 feet, where you were closer to the trees.  The flight is at:

2017-1-16
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

I recently have been using the Litchi app. I love it. Kind of takes your experience to another level. I don't dislike the DJI-GO app by any means, but the ability to create missions either right on the app or at your computer is really cool. I flew this flight over the river while there was daylight, just to make sure things were ok. I made a couple adjustments and then set off around 10:00 that night. I turned on my Phantom and set it out on my back deck while I sat inside the warm house looking out my sliding doors. I lost sight of it pretty quick but did have signal for most of the flight.

https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... W8z-aGlEV3d6Qm5oUUE
2017-1-17
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Nigel, help me out a bit if you don't mind. I don't know to upload a video like you have done, without using a link to a web page. Do you upload to facebook or something first? Do you understand my question? I know you are not the only one doing it , but how do you see your video on the post? Thanks.

Anyone can respond. I have participated quite a bit on some of the forums but haven't really shared any videos.
2017-1-17
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

So far no one is saying anything negative about the Litchi app. I will wait until there are a couple of more comments before I take the plunge. Thanks guys!
2017-1-17
Use props
fans987d278a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

jazzyjeff Posted at 2017-1-17 06:25
So far no one is saying anything negative about the Litchi app. I will wait until there are a couple of more comments before I take the plunge. Thanks guys!

I;ve been using Litchi for about 4 months, Just the best app I;ve run across, as above building a mission sitting at your kitchen table drinking a coffee on Litchi hub is just the best, you can take your time to set up POI's, camera angles, video or pics. I;ve donme some long waypoint missions of 12-14 minutes with 14-19 waypoints/6 poi;s, lost signal on one long mission for 9 of the furthest waypoints, heart in my throat, until you hear those motors heading home!
But, do make sure in Litchi app, you have settings set up, like "return to home" & not hover on final waypoint. Mind oyu, I do always make my last waypoint LOS, just to be safe, eh.
2017-1-17
Use props
RSW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116736 ft
United States

jazzyjeff Posted at 2017-1-16 13:22
That should be causing crashes above. Also is the app compatible with all android tablets?  Any help you can give me Nigel is much appreciated!

It is more stable than DJI Go and the Android version is fuller functioning than the IOS version. I don't know of any reputation for it causing crashes.
2017-1-26
Use props
Nigel S
New

United States

Hi All,

Sorry for the late response to the questions. Went off to Europe on business just after posting the video. To Jazzyjeff, so far no issues at all with the Litchi app myself, nothing to complain about at all. Ricardo, I uploaded the video to youtube then posted the link in the message board.

Jazzyjeff, I first tried an ASUS android tablet as it was cheap and saw several folks on the forum saying it was ok, however I was not at all happy with the video lag and choppiness of the FPV feed. My iphone 6S worked perfectly with DJI Go and was seriously thinking of investing in an ipad Mini for the extra screen size. However, being cheap - I decided to test the NVidia shield tablet before giving up on Andriod and while it is not quite as responsive as my phone - its very close and for $200 it is a great price. Litchi and DJI go both work on it just fine.
2017-1-30
Use props
Nigel S
New

United States

Oh I should also mention that when I created the waypoint mission I used google earth to determine the ground elevation of all of the the waypoints and then calculated the altitude based on the tallest trees in the area. The average height I set was 125' above ground level just in case I got it wrong.

Using google earth is great because its basically the same map as when using the mission hub but wherever you put your curser it shows long/lat & elevation.  
2017-1-30
Use props
fansb08585c1
lvl.3

Denmark

Hello folks

What  dji firmware and app version are you using? - Can I use som old stuff app 2.5 aircraft 1.6.40 rc 1.5.7 ?? Don`t like to update - it always give me problems.
Best regards

Bo Jørgensen (Denmark)
2017-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules