It was bound to happen sometime
1348 11 2017-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans31e679eb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 330869 ft
United States

Today I crashed my Phantom 3 Advanced. Tore the camera off broke the vibration pad and a propeller. The most expensive part is a broken cable. I was trying to fly a bike path that was being replaced and ran into a branch. I will take my Typhoon H out and try the same flight but with me right behind it the whole way.
The Phantom should be up and working by next weekend.
2017-1-15
Use props
fans31e679eb
lvl.2
United States

Today I took advantage of a price drop at Best Buy and purchased a Phantom 4. What a difference in the way it flies, it is much more stable then the Phantom 3 A was. The optics are better then the optics on my Typhoon H. This may become my main bird. I am still going to repair the P3A but parts won't arrive for a few weeks.
2017-1-16
Use props
MaYhEm sMiLeY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9850387 ft
Canada

LOL total addiction isn't it.
Managed ot talk myself out of buying another drone last weekend.
Can't fly em all at the same time
2017-1-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Sorry about that branch jumping out in front of your drone... ;-)
Doesn't matter what you fly, or how good of a pilot you are, sh!t happens. Haha

Anyway, good that you have a positive attitude about this, and accepting to move on from it. Live and learn, eh?

Happy flying... Enjoy your time on the forum as well. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-1-16
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

MaYhEm sMiLeY Posted at 2017-1-16 15:53
LOL total addiction isn't it.
Managed ot talk myself out of buying another drone last weekend.
Can't fly em all at the same time

"Can't fly em all at the same time "

Is that a challenge?

2017-1-16
Use props
Stinky711
lvl.2
United States

fans31e679eb Posted at 2017-1-16 14:53
Today I took advantage of a price drop at Best Buy and purchased a Phantom 4. What a difference in the way it flies, it is much more stable then the Phantom 3 A was. The optics are better then the optics on my Typhoon H. This may become my main bird. I am still going to repair the P3A but parts won't arrive for a few weeks.

I'm glad to hear you like the P4, I was going to purchase a P4Pro but got the P4 instead.  Best of luck to you.
2017-1-16
Use props
MaYhEm sMiLeY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9850387 ft
Canada

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2017-1-16 16:01
"Can't fly em all at the same time "

LOL OK yes challenge!!
You reminded me my daughter and I having a competition who could fly the most kites at the same time.
2017-1-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I have the most fun with one at a time...

Parrot AR Drone 2.0 Traxxas QR-1 RealFlight Drone 6.5

RedHotPoker

2017-1-16
Use props
fans31e679eb
lvl.2
United States

Got enough parts to get the P3A running but now it wont sync. I am having enough fun with the P4 to worry about the P3A. Today with the heaver wind I flew the Typhoon H but I prefer the P4.
FYI watch the sales as the prices on P4s are changing up and down daily. I got mine from Best Buy for under $900 on a afternoon only sale. I had been searching all morning and was thinking of just trying to get the P3A fixed when the P4 came on sale. I had looked at Mavics on line and found one that could have been delivered over night for $1300.
2017-1-21
Use props
fans31e679eb
lvl.2
United States

I took the shell apart today. This bird is too damaged to try to repair the camera is damaged. the shell is broken, the inner frame is broken, at least one motor is bad, the main board has 2 connectors ripped off and maybe more.
The good news is that the P4 is working great and the slower Typhoon H is a stable backup. I will be getting a Mavic in the near future.
2017-1-26
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

fans31e679eb Posted at 2017-1-26 12:51
I took the shell apart today. This bird is too damaged to try to repair the camera is damaged. the shell is broken, the inner frame is broken, at least one motor is bad, the main board has 2 connectors ripped off and maybe more.
The good news is that the P4 is working great and the slower Typhoon H is a stable backup. I will be getting a Mavic in the near future.

Man, I wish I were in your shoes. Sounds like you have it going on having a P3 and a P4 and looking into a Mavic. Hope I can get to a point to afford another bird someday. I envy you my friend! You have to be having the time of your life!

Oh, same to you RedHotPoker,
you have quite a family of copters too.
2017-1-26
Use props
Sargent
lvl.2
United States

With the P3A it was time to cut my loses. The cost of repair was more then the P4 cost at Best Buy on one of there short term specials.
2017-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules