Prop gaurds
1871 13 2015-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scom20.gmail
lvl.1

United States

Does anyone think that the prop gaurds sloww the phantom down or decrease flight speed?
2015-2-16
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

get the ones that are snap on/off, that way you can put them on around trees and buildings and take them  off in fields or high wind conditions.  gives you good options and still allows for most case uses.
2015-2-16
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

gnixon2015 Posted at 2015-2-17 08:21
get the ones that are snap on/off, that way you can put them on around trees and buildings and take  ...

The snap on ones also save you from having to remove the motor screws and worry about putting the longer ones back in mistake. No problem fitting in my case after I remove them.
2015-2-16
Use props
PhantomHelp
lvl.3

United States

scom20, these snap on prop guards work well:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... Id=6NTN4XSNWGF4235P
2015-2-16
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

PhantomHelp Posted at 2015-2-17 09:01
scom20, these snap on prop guards work well:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RFX2L6G/ref=as_li_q ...

That is the set I have and they work very well. Easy to take on and off and I like the two colors for orientation. I was able to descend vertically and hover less than a foot off the ground with no prop wash effects. I used the string but added a snap to make removing them easy.
2015-2-16
Use props
bahamasboy.aol
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13845 ft
United States

Capt Bill.  GREAT idea for the snap!  How did you attach it to the string?  Any photos?  I'm intrigued!!!
2015-2-16
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

I took a fishing snap swivel and cut off the swivel. The string was tied to the hole in one guard then threaded through the other guards. I attached the snap to the first hole and took the slack out with the string off the bottom guard hooks and tied to the snap. When I place the string on the hooks it is nice and tight.  After I put the guards on I just connect the snap to the hole in guard where the string started.

snap%20swivel.jpg
2015-2-16
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

i suggest sans string unless you plan to fly 5ft off the ground in a marsh
2015-2-16
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

Bahamasboy here is a picture

IMG_1348 -1.JPG
2015-2-16
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Capt. Bill Posted at 2015-2-17 12:53
Bahamasboy here is a picture

That's an excellent idea Capt.  It's quick and painless and you know it's connected when you're in the air.
2015-2-16
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-2-17 12:55
That's an excellent idea Capt.  It's quick and painless and you know it's connected when you're in ...

I was going to make my own hook out of wire then remembered I already had some fishing snap swivels. You couldn't make anything better. It is small, light and even has a keeper.

Hmm, quad fishing now that would be an interesting new sport.

2015-2-16
Use props
paul
lvl.1

Ireland

Only a little, I didn't really notice when I added mine.
2015-2-17
Use props
smatchet42.hotm
lvl.2

United States

Capt. Bill Posted at 2015-2-17 09:18
That is the set I have and they work very well. Easy to take on and off and I like the two colors  ...

What exactly is the purpose of the string? I must have missed where that was explained.
2015-2-17
Use props
pctomlins.hotma
lvl.2

United Kingdom

smatchet42.hotm Posted at 2015-2-17 21:33
What exactly is the purpose of the string? I must have missed where that was explained.

the string is to add rigidity to the props but I've never used it. as for speed and agility - sure the props decreases performance but only slightly. I've had the prop guards on since day one and I'm still on the same set of propellers. better to be safe then sorry
2015-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules