2438 3 2017-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
richparry
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1620148 ft
  • >>>
United States

Last year I skied with the OSMO (original model); I held it in one hand. Fom a safety standpoint, it wasn't a good idea, but it worked out great. I wasn't doing any extreme skiiing so it was perfect.

I don't want to ski with one hand, so this year I'll be shooting using the DJI chest strap so my hands are free. Anyone have some suggetions, for example, are there some "gimbal settings" that might make the footage better?

Thanks,

2017-1-15
Use props
jatinsoni
New

Mauritius

As per my experience, OSMO isn't for adventure. GOPRO is the right choice. I have already damaged first OSMO+ and had to get another one.

OSMO is good in quality, but my opinion is BIG NO for any rough or tough situation. Too delicate interface and structure restricts its usage.

I am going to get GOPRO very soon for my adventure shooting...

GO for GOPRO Hero 5... that's the right choice for you.
2017-1-15
Use props
fansbf53766c
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Interestingly I was considering this very point for my ski trip in 3 weeks. Wanting to take the Osmo, but being rather aware of its damageability in the event of a fall or bash. And then at the weekend I filled up with petrol, and the garage were selling GO pro alike cameras for under £20 with housing and accessories inc . So Ive grabbed one as its almost free, and will compare against my existing (but quite old)  Go Pro.
It might well be rubbish, but at £20 you'd have a look.
2017-1-16
Use props
AjaxAir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 82060 ft
United States

I tried with mine, it did fine on the groomers, but not when making quick turns on steeps or in bumps. Groomers it did ok, but when making fast GS turns is tends to get lost- tracking maybe. I tried the orientation lock but, that does seem to really work. If it did that would be the best, or if you can keep the side to side (pan) setting locked or at a small radius. Hand held filming some else is the best. To bad I hoped it would have preformed better. a big bump will make it go limp.
2017-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules