Random obsticle avoidance alarm
612 6 2017-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
snyder7617
lvl.1

United States

I was wondering if anyone else is getting the same alarm when flying? It is random and i dont understand what is causing the issue. When i am flying around i will get a random warning for obsticle avoidance.

2017-1-16
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

Are you already aware of the common issue of the OA giving false readings when pointed at the sun?
2017-1-16
Use props
Peter Galbavy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

Also, *one* of my two forward sensor cameras has a blue protective plastic film over it (with the small tag for removal)  out of the box - but none of the other three. Just check, in case...
2017-1-16
Use props
snyder7617
lvl.1

United States

Peter Galbavy Posted at 2017-1-16 08:52
Also, *one* of my two forward sensor cameras has a blue protective plastic film over it (with the small tag for removal)  out of the box - but none of the other three. Just check, in case...

i will check but i think i did this when i took it out of the box.
2017-1-16
Use props
snyder7617
lvl.1

United States

Peter Galbavy Posted at 2017-1-16 08:52

it was dusk the first time it did it.

yesterday was sunny when it did it.
2017-1-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Vision systems might not work fine when lighting is not adequate.
As for sunny day, please try to not shoot into the sun or tilt the camera down more to see if it happens again.
2017-1-16
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

It happened to me early (few month ago) but since then it stopped happening. I have tried iton several occasions shooting directly into the sun and no more warning. I don't know if it is firmware update or my lucky star???

This taken from video looking straight at the sun.

direct sun

direct sun

direct sun

direct sun
2017-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules