Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Greater Washington, DC area anyone?
20255 45 2017-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andym91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 113166 ft
United States

I'm out in Germantown, MD and am able to fly my P3S around. I've also been able to fly it in Fairfax (MUCH closer to DC) with no NFZ warning. I usually don't fly more than 100 ft high anyway. Never even tried flying in DC. Would be pretty cool though. But eh, one too many drones crashing on the White House lawn, so I don't blame em lol.
2017-6-16
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

greekphantom Posted at 2017-2-4 09:34
Any good groups/clubs for drone owners in this area?

Found this just recently:  https://www.meetup.com/DC-Area-Drone-User-Group/
2017-7-8
Use props
fansc63c0c40
New

United States

In Bethesda here, not able to fly. I really think DJI should at least unlock parks, would be nice to be able to practice.
2018-4-6
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

See below..... I forgot to quote you
2018-5-2
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

fansc63c0c40 Posted at 2018-4-6 14:52
In Bethesda here, not able to fly. I really think DJI should at least unlock parks, would be nice to be able to practice.

Hey - I grew up in Bethesda - went to Pyle and Whitman.  

You can practice all you want at the field at Longwood Rec Center in Olney/Brookeville.  Under-used wide-open well-groomed perfectly-flat field.  Protected from the west and north wind.  Nice hill to sit on with plenty of shade.  No rules.  No restrictions.  No airports to call.  No DJI Geo-zone authorization complications.  It's not a federal or state or county park so there are no park rules to worry about.  Quiet.  Nobody will bother you.  Just start the motors and fly.  Come on out.  

2018-5-2
Use props
cmac2173
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4226 ft
United States

Newbie here my Mavic Air arrives today and im already regretting the purchase.  I literally live like 10 minutes from Andrews Air Force Base, and on one map it looked like I was good and looking at DJI authorization unlock it looked good but now hearing you all stories makes me feel like it will be a waste of money unless I move..
2019-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules