550 3 2017-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
phinchman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 120994 ft
United States

Hi All,

Been flying phantoms for a couple of years now and just picked up a P4 Pro.  There's some new twists, so can you advise:

1.  One thing that sold me was the ability to switch the Video Transmission from 5.8 GHz to 2.4 GHz, when needed.  I can't find a way to do that in the GO 4 app.  Any tips?

2.  I was able to update firmware on the bird, the controller and the batteries just fine.  But in the GO 4 app, it doesn't give me what firmware I'm on, even for the bird itself.  It does tell me if "not all components" are updated, and it tells me when firmware updates are succesful.  But no logs (like P3 Pro)?  Anyway to get the GO 4 app to tell me what fw my bird is on, at least?

Thanks, in advance!
2017-1-16
Use props
TheMann58
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

Answers to your questions:

1) To set the video transmission frequency, click the 3 dots symbol in the upper right hand corner of the DJI GO 4 app to get into the Main Menu (General Settings). Then select the HD (Image Transmission Settings) sub-menu; you can then choose 2.4G or 5.8G under the Frequency setting.  Note; if you want to be sure the RC remains in one or the other ALL the time, you should select Custom Channel mode.  Otherwise, the RC might switch from 2.4 to 5.8 or vice versa if it detects interference on the frequency it is currently on.  Don't know this for sure, just guessing.

2) The current version the DJI GO 4 app, the aircraft firmware and the Remote Controller firmware are displayed by going to the main menu (3 dots), then scrolling all the way to the bottom of this multii-page main menu screen to the "About" tab.  Click on "About" to bring up this info.
2017-1-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thanks for the detailed explanation @TheMann58.
Phinchman, and here are the screenshots for your reference:
5.8.png
Version.png
2017-1-16
Use props
phinchman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 120994 ft
Puerto Rico

Thanks, TheMann and Natalia!! Somehow, not those fields are either not showing up in my GO 4 app or are "blank" .  I'll check again tonight, and if need be I'll re-install the app.  One more question I forgot to ask:  No IMU calibration in the GO 4 app?  I couldn't find that either...
2017-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules