Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Xman1 Posted at 2017-4-24 20:56
You would think they would do Android first.  iOS only has roughly 15% of the market these days.  So basically they are shutting out 85% of their potential users.

Correction:  81% of the market.  There are still 4% of 'other' phones out there.  https://www.idc.com/promo/smartphone-market-share/os

I think the company has programmers specializing in the iOS currently and as they grow in size hopefully they will support the Android too. Hanger purchased the rights of AutoFilght Logic and it is not clear how many employees are at this company.

I have the Pilot App also and I really like the program.

IMO......  
it is worth waiting for.
Rich
2017-4-25
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-4-25 07:53
No idea. I have seen studies that suggest iOS users are more likely to purchase apps, which is perhaps one of the reasons why companies who plan to charge for their apps launch first on iOS.

Sorry for being a little harsh on Apple but I get a bad taste in my mouth and increased blood pressure every time I have to touch the wife's iPhone 7 plus.  I don't understand why people pay money for this misery.  Can't do simple things like replace the messenger app, or customize the interface in any way.  It is almost a dumb phone pretending to be a smart phone.  Simple things like backing up and restoring data...  Totally not intuitive as they hide this tiny phone icon in the top left of the screen and there are 20 menu's to distract you from it.  It is like they don't want you being more than a dumb user.

Look...  I got started.  I apologize and will try to refrain from here on out.
2017-4-25
Use props
Luckyroo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2590305 ft
Thailand

MvZiTaGqtUk8 Posted at 2017-4-24 16:27
Ex Machina -
There is actually an easy way to modify the panos you get from Hanger 360. Here is what I have played with. Once the 360 is rendered and uploaded to Facebook, you can choose to save it to your computer. At the bottom of the 360 on Facebook, you will see a menu item that says "Options". Under that menu, you will see download.
Once it is downloaded, you can open it in Photoshop or other image editor. From there you can do almost anything. I have done one where I erased the Hanger360 logo from the sky, changed the dpi from 72 to 244, which looks much better in Facebook. So, once you are done editing, save it as a 6,000px by 3,000px jpg file.

hi, thanks for intel to access / download image via facebook..   i can not find the "option" in my fbk post of the image

2017-5-1
Use props
Luckyroo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2590305 ft
Thailand

MvZiTaGqtUk8 Posted at 2017-4-24 16:27
Ex Machina -
There is actually an easy way to modify the panos you get from Hanger 360. Here is what I have played with. Once the 360 is rendered and uploaded to Facebook, you can choose to save it to your computer. At the bottom of the 360 on Facebook, you will see a menu item that says "Options". Under that menu, you will see download.
Once it is downloaded, you can open it in Photoshop or other image editor. From there you can do almost anything. I have done one where I erased the Hanger360 logo from the sky, changed the dpi from 72 to 244, which looks much better in Facebook. So, once you are done editing, save it as a 6,000px by 3,000px jpg file.

thanks for info re download from facebook, i uploaded to fbk but cant not see and option below the image to download ..  are you looking at desktop or mobile device .. ive tried both ?
2017-5-1
Use props
MvZiTaGqtUk8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 333412 ft
  • >>>
United States

Luckyroo Posted at 2017-5-1 20:44
thanks for info re download from facebook, i uploaded to fbk but cant not see and option below the image to download ..  are you looking at desktop or mobile device .. ive tried both ?

The download link is in the bottom right portion of the photo on my desktop (Safari, Mac). You may not see it until you hover your mouse over that bottom corner.
2017-5-3
Use props
MTUFLYER28
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8477969 ft
United States

I've used the app a few times and have about a 20% success rate with getting a good image.  Several times I have had it tell me it's unable to process and a few of the pictures have worked but come out off or with images in the wrong location..  All in all it's pretty cool for a free app.  

Here is my latest that turned out reasonably good.
Saguaro Lake AZ
2017-5-3
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

MTUFLYER28 Posted at 2017-5-3 20:25
I've used the app a few times and have about a 20% success rate with getting a good image.  Several times I have had it tell me it's unable to process and a few of the pictures have worked but come out off or with images in the wrong location..  All in all it's pretty cool for a free app.  

Thanks for sharing your photo. It looks like you are in the middle of nowhere   but pretty.

I am sure the processing time will vary and Hanger will get this sorted out.

I have found this to be a fun program to use
Rich
2017-5-4
Use props
bombardier
lvl.2
Italy

MTUFLYER28 Posted at 2017-5-3 20:25

well, it's not really "free" considering that you are paying them with the pictures you are making and loosing copyrights on them....
2017-5-5
Use props
DevonDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 71716 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Used the app for the 1st time yesterday and love it, I took 3 x 360's and 2 came out perfect! I can see it getting lots of use from me !

https://viewer.hangar.com/4rm2wG0w
2017-5-6
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DevonDrone Posted at 2017-5-6 02:53
Used the app for the 1st time yesterday and love it, I took 3 x 360's and 2 came out perfect! I can see it getting lots of use from me !

https://viewer.hangar.com/4rm2wG0w

Nice job... thanks for sharing your phtoto

Rich
2017-5-6
Use props
MvZiTaGqtUk8
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Keep this in mind. If you use Hanger 360, but it fails to process your images- which has happened to me a few times. Try this.
Transfer your images directly from your micro SD card to a folder on your computer. Then take those images and process them with an app like PTGui. I've done this a few time, and I have never had to tweak control points etc. to get great 360vr files. Then, you can use EXIF Fixer to upload them to Facebook if you need to do that.
2017-5-6
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

MvZiTaGqtUk8 Posted at 2017-5-6 08:42
Keep this in mind. If you use Hanger 360, but it fails to process your images- which has happened to me a few times. Try this.
Transfer your images directly from your micro SD card to a folder on your computer. Then take those images and process them with an app like PTGui. I've done this a few time, and I have never had to tweak control points etc. to get great 360vr files. Then, you can use EXIF Fixer to upload them to Facebook if you need to do that.

Thanks for sharing this information, so far all of my 360 photos have worked okay with Hanger. Could you post the links to the software suggestions for others to easily find them..

Thanks again
Rich
2017-5-6
Use props
MvZiTaGqtUk8
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-5-6 10:18
Thanks for sharing this information, so far all of my 360 photos have worked okay with Hanger. Could you post the links to the software suggestions for others to easily find them..

Thanks again

Done. Thanks for the reminder.
2017-5-6
Use props
MTUFLYER28
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8477969 ft
United States

MvZiTaGqtUk8 Posted at 2017-5-6 08:42

I was attempting this but for some reason when I've uploaded the photos Facebook did not recognize them as the 360 pano...  I have attempted to follow  http://thehightechhobbyist.com/tutorial-how-to-create-interactive-aerial-360-degree-panoramas-for-facebook/ tutorial using photos obtained using the hanger 360 app and the litchi app but no luck yet.
2017-5-6
Use props
MvZiTaGqtUk8
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Have you all discovered this link yet? Gives random access to all 360vr images in Hanger's database.
https://viewer.hangar.com/explore
2017-5-8
Use props
MvZiTaGqtUk8
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

MTUFLYER28 Posted at 2017-5-6 23:14
I was attempting this but for some reason when I've uploaded the photos Facebook did not recognize them as the 360 pano...  I have attempted to follow  http://thehightechhobbyist.com/tutorial-how-to-create-interactive-aerial-360-degree-panoramas-for-facebook/ tutorial using photos obtained using the hanger 360 app and the litchi app but no luck yet.

Unless the stitching program you are using adds the EXIF data to let Facebook know that it is a 360vr, you will need to download the free EXIF Fixer app and drop your image on to it. See my instructions above.
2017-5-8
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

MvZiTaGqtUk8 Posted at 2017-5-8 11:35
Have you all discovered this link yet? Gives random access to all 360vr images in Hanger's database.
https://viewer.hangar.com/explore

No I have bit seen this yet

Thank you for sharing!

Rich
2017-5-8
Use props
seanmiller
New

Philippines

Just a survey, do you this kind of camera: https://www.yitechnology.com/yi-360-vr-camera would work on those settings?
2017-5-23
Use props
Micro Pilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 491988 ft
United Kingdom

jburnham Posted at 2017-4-25 02:56
I have heard that Hangar 360 changes the settings on your camera to boost the image.  If this is so, do you have to go back in and change the settings back the next time you fly without Hangar 360?

Yep thats exactly what happens. R-sets everything ilcuding upward camera movement
2017-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules