DJI Service - Poor Experience
1088 9 2017-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BrutusJV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 265984 ft
United Kingdom

Unfortunatley I have had a poor experience, so far, with DJI, and would like to share experience here to hopefully avoid other people going through the same.

I had a Mavic Pro which I received from Maplin UK on the 29th December. Unfortunately it has an issue with losing focus, you can get it back for short period after a firmware refresh, but it will fail again. Here is the order of events:

05/01/2017 Email DJI Support after working with online chat across multiple days. Email contained receipts, DJI refresh plan etc.
06/01/2017 Contact from DJI Support, (different address) to ask for a receipt that was already attached to email.
07/01/2017 Contact from DJI Support again, asking for Name, Address etc (all provided in first email).
07/01/2017 Case Created, I was asked to send back, 'Complete Unit (drone, battery, remote).
07/01/2017 I replied to confirm, and check that I was just due to send back Drone without props, battery and controller (no cables) and nothing else. After a standard response back, and checking forums, that is what I shipped.
08/01/2017 UPS Label created
09/01/2017 Item Shipped by me (first day I could do this from the initial contact.
11/01/2017 Item arrived at DJI NL at 10am.
12/01/2017 My case hasn't moved at all, so I contacted support to ask what the time frames were. Told that I would receive a response within 48-72hrs.
14/01/2017 (over 72hrs after receipt), Emailed to ask what whs happening.
16/01/2017 Email back from DJI support who stated that the case was being looked into, however I needed to send back the props, cables and SD Card.
16/01/2017 I email back and show them the original thread not asking for this, and my replies. I also add that these items work, so they don't need to replace these (I am happy with the originals), or if they like they can invoice me, and I will send back the originals, they can refund when they arrive due to the length of time taken.
16/01/2017 Standard response, they require these items back.

The learning here is that we are now 11 days from the original RMA creation, and there will be further delays for me, since I need to ship back the cables, charger etc today, which will take a few days, and I will be unlikely to see a replacement unit therefore until ~26th January, based on the delay preivously for opening packages.

Having to RMA a new unit, and it spending more time in DJI's warehouse or with UPS than with me is frustrating but part of life, however to then lose more time due what i believe to be very unclear communication (I complied with their request, and even checked, twice), is just frankly poor customer service. Furthermore the customer is prepared to front the payment for the items, to accelerate the process, and there was no response.

This is unfortunately the time of year where I can fly, from mid-Feb onwards work will mean very little time here to use it, my problem, but still.

I am hoping DJI members will see this and escalate it, and just in case here is a case number. We haven't even discussued that DJI care refresh is also going to be 2-3 weeks wasted as the result.

CAS-398231-C1Q7D9
2017-1-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I can understand how frustrating this must be, BrutusJV.
I'll bring this to the attention of our support team and help to escalate the case for you.
2017-1-16
Use props
BrutusJV
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Many thanks for the fast reply Mindy. The only short term decision, is could you confirm you want me to ship back the cables / charger / props this morning?
2017-1-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

BrutusJV Posted at 2017-1-17 00:17
Many thanks for the fast reply Mindy. The only short term decision, is could you confirm you want me to ship back the cables / charger / props this morning?

Yes, please send the complete unit back. Thank you for your understanding.
2017-1-17
Use props
BrutusJV
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi Mindy,

What is the update from your side on escalation. The UPS package should be enroute now. Is there an expected ETA?
2017-1-17
Use props
BrutusJV
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy, it would seem that I still haven't heard anything, be it from you, or customer service. Posting in the Mavic forum had a response within a few hours, you moved the thread, and no none will answer.
2017-1-18
Use props
fansdc0c8d1a
New

United Kingdom

Hi, I am having trouble contacting DJI. I'v sent 3 emails. Ticket response reply but nothing since

Your request (387587) has been received and is being reviewed by our technical support representatives. We will contact you soon. (Business hour: Monday to Friday, from 08:30 am to 17:00 pm GMT+1:00)

What should I do? Very frustrating
2017-1-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fansdc0c8d1a Posted at 2017-1-18 12:28
Hi, I am having trouble contacting DJI. I'v sent 3 emails. Ticket response reply but nothing since

Your request (387587) has been received and is being reviewed by our technical support representatives. We will contact you soon. (Business hour: Monday to Friday, from 08:30 am to 17:00 pm GMT+1:00)

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, your case has been escalated, we'll help you handle it soon, please feel free to let us know for any further questions.
2017-1-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

BrutusJV Posted at 2017-1-18 05:00
DJI Mindy, it would seem that I still haven't heard anything, be it from you, or customer service. Posting in the Mavic forum had a response within a few hours, you moved the thread, and no none will answer.

I have confirmed with our support team and they had contacted you for the update.
And we didn't move your thread. If needed, I can move your thread to Mavic forum.
If you have any further query, please feel free to let me know and remember to click "reply" button.
2017-1-18
Use props
BrutusJV
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy please move this back thread to the MAVIC forum, I can confirm it wasn't created in service and was moved at some stage, maybe not by yourself, but equally not be me.

As an update to the mess of a situation I was contacted yesterday by another support agent  to inform me that I shouldn't have sent back the other items (despite being asked to). So I am now without anything, however equally the support agent still couldn't provide an update as to timing. All I could be told is that you need 24hrs to tell me more information.

We are now 14 days from the RMA and you have had the product for 9 days. I have been told the wrong information throughout and I am still without even information on even a simple ETA.

2017-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules