Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI: build a reliable tracker-transponder for Mavic PRO enthusiasts
2093 6 2017-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

Dear DJI-Team !

After reading a lot of posts regarding not-so-good-tracking experiences ("follow-me"-mode, "tracking"):

Technically it should be possible to construct a "transponder"  for the pocket or to hook up to the RC (or to smartphone via Bluetooth ?? Interference of Bluetooth with radio of RC ??) to have an "iron-string" between moving "ground-station"  and flying Mavic Pro.

Even if I would have to pay 150.- to 200.- bucks for such a device it would be worth for me since I mostly use my Mavic to track ..............

Please transfer this idea to Your engineers for further investigation .....................

2017-1-17
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

Would be cool.
2017-1-17
Use props
gibbd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18980 ft
United Kingdom

would be really good     Although I think we need to remember this mavic is a prosumer (in my opinion) drone, not a Pro drone and such things may be more of a nice to have.  

Its possible though and would certainly be an amazing thing
2017-1-17
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Austria

gibbd Posted at 2017-1-17 03:31
would be really good     Although I think we need to remember this mavic is a prosumer (in my opinion) drone, not a Pro drone and such things may be more of a nice to have.  

Its possible though and would certainly be an amazing thing

Exactly, but it was advertised especially for this specific feature of person/bike/car/sports tracking so many other owners are now a little bit frustrated that this performance is not soooooooo good.

It has it´s limits and for most these limits are too narrow and could be solved by this, let´s call it, "iron-string-hook-up-device" .
2017-1-17
Use props
gibbd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18980 ft
United Kingdom

Angelo26 Posted at 2017-1-17 03:44
Exactly, but it was advertised especially for this specific feature of person/bike/car/sports tracking so many other owners are now a little bit frustrated that this performance is not soooooooo good.

It has it´s limits and for most these limits are too narrow and could be solved by this, let´s call it, "iron-string-hook-up-device" .

I hear you and what you are saying     You make a very good point that it was advertised as being able to do this so anything to assist with making this better (and perhaps up to the standard expected by people) would be good
2017-1-17
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

couldnt they combine both active track and follow me for better tracking?
2017-1-18
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Austria

boostedford Posted at 2017-1-18 19:25
couldnt they combine both active track and follow me for better tracking?

Maybe THIS:

Crystalsky

will be the device ?????? The "iron-string" between Mavic and RC for better tracking ?
2017-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules