Why does DJI GO app drain my phone-batt when not in use at all ?
11292 67 2017-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Kevin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13 ft
Hong Kong

Earlier versions of DJI GO and DJI GO 4 did not completely exit on some phones.We have fixed the problem in DJI GO V3.1.2. Please update to the latest version to see if the issue is resolved.DJI GO 4 v4.0.2 will fix this problem and is expected to be released in the middle of this month. Please be patient.
2017-2-7
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

DJI-Kevin Posted at 2017-2-7 22:25
Earlier versions of DJI GO and DJI GO 4 did not completely exit on some phones.We have fixed the problem in DJI GO V3.1.2. Please update to the latest version to see if the issue is resolved.DJI GO 4 v4.0.2 will fix this problem and is expected to be released in the middle of this month. Please be patient.

Thank You for the info !

It contains two positive aspects:

1. DJI listens to it´s customers and tries hard to resolve issues

2. It seems DJI GO 3 is not discontinued by February since a lot of issues occur on Androids with DJI GO 4

Thank You DJI
2017-2-7
Use props
StigNygaard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357169 ft
Denmark

My DJI Go 4 app uses much to much power too. Usually it is on top of the battery use list even without having been opened just a single time. Like attached screenshot. The app was NOT opened at any time.
It might be because it occasionally checks for firmware upgrades or something, but still it shouldn't use that much.

Edit: Google Pixel with Android 7.1.1.

screenshot

screenshot
2017-2-7
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Austria

StigNygaard Posted at 2017-2-7 23:53
My DJI Go 4 app uses much to much power too. Usually it is on top of the battery use list even without having been opened just a single time. Like attached screenshot. The app was NOT opened at any time.
It might be because it occasionally checks for firmware upgrades or something, but still it shouldn't use that much.

Yeah, that´s the typical continous batt consumption. Mine is about 7-9 % / day
2017-2-7
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

StigNygaard Posted at 2017-2-7 23:53

Force close it whenever you use it.
2017-2-7
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Germany

Good to know Kevin. Do you know if they also fixed the Android Nougat issue too? The one that crashes the app when starting if screen rotation is not locked.
2017-2-7
Use props
StigNygaard
lvl.4
Denmark

CuaC Posted at 2017-2-7 23:58
Force close it whenever you use it.

Force close is generally a bad idea. If the app is set to start some service automatically (like for example occasionally checking for firmware upgrades in the background) you might actually end up using more battery than you did by just letting it sit in the background.

But just saw DJI-Kevin's comment about an upcoming new version of Go 4 to likely fix issue. I missed that comment before writing my post. Thanks Kevin.
2017-2-8
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Germany

StigNygaard Posted at 2017-2-8 01:15
Force close is generally a bad idea. If the app is set to start some service automatically (like for example occasionally checking for firmware upgrades in the background) you might actually end up using more battery than you did by just letting it sit in the background.

But just saw DJI-Kevin's comment about an upcoming new version of Go 4 to likely fix issue. I missed that comment before writing my post. Thanks Kevin.

When I force close it, it stays closed until I fire it up again by starting the app, so no background services, it's just the app not closing correctly.
2017-2-8
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Austria

fansb27e5e1f Posted at 2017-1-28 21:45
Hey guys. Any updates of fix? I thought it was the cold but I just tested again indoors (18 Celsius) and it didnt last 10 min. It has happended in both DJI Go 4 and DJI Go, while using my Mavic and using my Osmo Mobile. What I just noticed is that when I plug a battery pack to my phone it will say it is charging, but when I open the DJI Go app, not only will it show it is not charging, it will start saying the battery is draining (even when the battery pack is still plugged)
If I close the app and go to my home screen, then the battery shows as charging.
This is definitly an issue with the DJI GO App. What other explanation.

There is already another thread on this (but don´t find it right now) stating that updates will arrive for GO 3 and 4 mid-February delaing with these issues ................
2017-2-8
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3419 ft
Belgium

THANK YOU!! That's great news. Now I can have a normal life again.
2017-2-8
Use props
StigNygaard
lvl.4
Denmark

[deleted - wrong thread]
2017-2-12
Use props
hanwah
New

Australia

This is absolutely not fixed in v4. I haven't used the app in months but have put it to sleep and forced closed the app, numerous times and it is still the highest draining app. Seriously Dji this is poor form, bad coding and there isn't an excuse for this poor performance in a company of your size
2017-5-29
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Austria

Nay, GO4.1 still sucks battery like hell
2017-5-29
Use props
bombSaWay
lvl.1

Netherlands

Angelo26 Posted at 2017-5-29 23:55
Nay, GO4.1 still sucks battery like hell

The Go4 app was designed to restart from what I see to run in the background it does send info To and From the device Im not going to make any assumptions about why or what info is being transferred DJI can answer this. One way to stop the restart and communication of the Go/Go4 apps is to install a no Root firewall app you can block out all the Go/Go4 apps from communicating that are draining your device battery, then just unblock them when you want to use them to fly the firewall is useful to stop any apps from running and communicating in the background to where the firewall apps constant usage Power wise outweighs all the apps that run and communicate in the background hence saving you battery life .
Cheer's Angelo hope it helps you out .   
2017-5-30
Use props
Rhidz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 559616 ft
United Kingdom

Grab yourself a powerbank off Amazon mate, bring it with you every time you go out. Charge on route, between flights, etc. Makes the difference.

But yeah, it is pretty frustrating how much battery the app uses, pretty much the same as anything that uses location services I believe.
2017-5-30
Use props
bombSaWay
lvl.1

Netherlands

I don't want to interfere with peoples opinions however a PowerBank is not a solution
I don't think I no of any useful device app that dosent use location services
The no root firewall is the way out other then a Portable Powerbank for this ops topic
Cheere's
2017-5-30
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Austria

bombSaWay Posted at 2017-5-30 03:46
The Go4 app was designed to restart from what I see to run in the background it does send info To and From the device Im not going to make any assumptions about why or what info is being transferred DJI can answer this. One way to stop the restart and communication of the Go/Go4 apps is to install a no Root firewall app you can block out all the Go/Go4 apps from communicating that are draining your device battery, then just unblock them when you want to use them to fly the firewall is useful to stop any apps from running and communicating in the background to where the firewall apps constant usage Power wise outweighs all the apps that run and communicate in the background hence saving you battery life .
Cheer's Angelo hope it helps you out .

Thanks, will do that ...................... excellent advice
2017-5-30
Use props
fansaa02d484
New
Sweden

Tried stopping the services going to Developer Options>Active services but that didnt help, still restarts.
The services thats running is DeamonService, DjiUpgradeService, DJIHereMapService and PushService.
Hope they fix this soon. Hate appkillers and stuff like that...
2017-5-31
Use props
rickysuperdog
Second Officer
Flight distance : 929429 ft
Hong Kong

My DJI Go 4 still eats my Samsung Note4 running android 4.4.4 10% battery constantly !
2017-6-23
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

After using the dji go4 app on Android you have to kill the app fully
settings - apps - select DJI Go4 ap - and press "WACK IT, SO IT DOESN'T RUN IN THE BACKGROUND AND EATS AWAY MY JUICE!!!"

Then you have no problems.
Is this normal?
No
Is this common?
Yes
Can i live with it?
Yes
2017-6-23
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Angelo26 Posted at 2017-1-20 07:44
Maybe You misunderstood: the app does NOT autostart in the foreground (=pops up on the screen) but runs in the background (which You can only see when You open the battery-info in android settings and check the running apps) and transfers data although it is not connected to RC. This happens also after a restart of the phone:  just check ...................... You might see DJI GO running in the background when You open battery in settings

I do understand.  Once I kill the background jobs (several), they do not restart until I open the app again.
2017-6-23
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

KimmoM Posted at 2017-1-20 01:00
Has someone tried (or can same one try) to capture and analyze data that DJI Go 4 is sending? It would be nice to know what is send and where to.

It's been well documented.  Just Google.  Apparently dumping stuff to a Amazon-based cloud server. Don't  know what it's dumping - just a fair amount of data.
2017-6-23
Use props
PhilipT
New
United States

Sorry to revive an older thread, but this is the first that came up when google searching.  

I just thought I'd chime in and say I'm still having this issue w/the newest version of DJI Go 4.1.3 (275-gpTablet).  Every single time I go into my Galaxy 7s "Device Maintenance" page it has a big alert over battery and it is because DJI Go is sucking battery in the background.  The maintenance app suggests that I close it, but when I do it will restart itself and continue draining battery...it is pretty frustrating as I haven't even flown my Mavic in well over a month and have restarted my phone numerous times.
2017-8-2
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Austria

PhilipT Posted at 2017-8-2 07:03
Sorry to revive an older thread, but this is the first that came up when google searching.  

I just thought I'd chime in and say I'm still having this issue w/the newest version of DJI Go 4.1.3 (275-gpTablet).  Every single time I go into my Galaxy 7s "Device Maintenance" page it has a big alert over battery and it is because DJI Go is sucking battery in the background.  The maintenance app suggests that I close it, but when I do it will restart itself and continue draining battery...it is pretty frustrating as I haven't even flown my Mavic in well over a month and have restarted my phone numerous times.

Although this topic is hot since December 2016 also with the old version and all of us here asked and demanded DJI to stop this app-behaviour and moderators here (whoever they are or might be with their funny avatars - maybe some housewives earning a little extra-money in a call-center) PROMISED to "report to engineers" and this will be solved ASAP nothing happened.

The GO-app gets worse and worse with every update, crashes like hell, the only function working flawless is to suck battery and relay data to DJI (maybe not only GO-app data)  ............. Just take a look at Google playstore and app-rating ......................... It is a desaster .............
2017-8-2
Use props
Alex_z
New
Flight distance : 66601 ft
United States

Angelo26 Posted at 2017-8-2 23:25
Although this topic is hot since December 2016 also with the old version and all of us here asked and demanded DJI to stop this app-behaviour and moderators here (whoever they are or might be with their funny avatars - maybe some housewives earning a little extra-money in a call-center) PROMISED to "report to engineers"  and this will be solved ASAP nothing happened.

The GO-app gets worse and worse with every update, crashes like hell, the only function working flawless is to suck battery and relay data to DJI (maybe not only GO-app data)  ............. Just take a look at Google playstore and app-rating ......................... It is a desaster .............

Can confirm. Using my old Samsung galaxy S4 for flying and it works flawless. However, after being done it starts to drain battery dramatically and phone loses 50% of charge in an hour. It also gets hot as hell, CPU sensors register temperature of 85+ degrees Celsius
2017-8-24
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

Alex_z Posted at 2017-8-24 01:25
Can confirm. Using my old Samsung galaxy S4 for flying and it works flawless. However, after being done it starts to drain battery dramatically and phone loses 50% of charge in an hour. It also gets hot as hell, CPU sensors register temperature of 85+ degrees Celsius

On my Samsung Galaxy S8 I have a pre-installed app called "Device Maintenance" from Samsung.
In that app under "Battery" it is possible to put certain apps permanently to sleep, except when they are being used of course.
DJI GO 4 does not drain my S8 battery any longer.
Do you have this app on your phone?
If not, you can download it for free from Google Play Store.
2017-8-24
Use props
george_007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 183045 ft
Sweden

I switch om this on my Android phone. Seems to work.
Screenshot_2017-08-24-16-05-13-118.jpeg
2017-8-24
Use props
BrianDrab
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16906 ft
United States

Maybe others will now create an App that doesn't do this.
https://news.microsoft.com/2018/ ... -to-the-enterprise/
2018-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules