9241 47 2014-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

macartanmcquaid Posted at 2015-8-13 00:06
I too have this issue and I always thought that this was just how the GPS was until I seen this thre ...

forget about warranty

1. search out the gps cable fix
2. do the foil fix
3. for under 10 bucks and and hour youcan replace the gps antenna with a 4mm 5 db gain one
4. shield the bottom around base of gimbal/camera with foil tape
all these can be found here or google, mostly around the dec 14 to march 15.

it relatively easy to fix and makes flying a lot more relaxing.

take care and have fun flying!
2015-8-12
Use props
macartanmcquaid
New

Ireland

Thanks for the reply!

I see lots of posts for points 1 & 2 above but nothing for 3 & 4.

Can any of you point me in the direction of these? Sorry to be a pain...
2015-8-12
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
United States

macartanmcquaid Posted at 2015-8-13 15:27
Thanks for the reply!

I see lots of posts for points 1 & 2 above but nothing for 3 & 4.

try this video

also you can find a bunch more info on phantom pilot site
http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... /page-2#post-328902
2015-8-13
Use props
macartanmcquaid
New

Ireland

I made all of these changes today and I was so disappointed to see the Vision + still drop 2 sats after hitting the record button.. I didn't even have to start the motors to see the sat count drop...

I don't see any improvement in the GPS antenna really, maybe slightly quicker locking on than the old antenna.. I even added foil tape to the cable going to the camera to no avail, frustrating!

Nothing else to try really?

### Edit ###

I just tried sticking an anti-static HDD bag folded 3-4 times between the camera and the base of the vision + and hit record several times and no drop in the sat count. I already have one layer between the base and the gimbal mount but it must not be enough. I will try adding a few more layers! Its promising though
2015-8-15
Use props
macartanmcquaid
New

Ireland

Ok, have this fixed 100% now!
I added two strips of aluminium foil tape and duct tape and the anti-static bag between the gimbal mount and the base and now it's perfect. Maybe this was all I needed to do from the beginning...
2015-8-16
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
United States

macartanmcquaid Posted at 2015-8-17 01:15
Ok, have this fixed 100% now!
I added two strips of aluminium foil tape and duct tape and the anti-s ...

great , between all those common fixes most everyone ends up better than before they started.
I think the new antenna will end up locking faster and staying locked better than old, esp now you got the gimbal shielded.

I went a bit crazy with the alum tape myself around things, even the gps plug and wire. also around the wifi plug openings. don't know what if anything some of it did but it is solid now.

good luck and have fun flying!
2015-8-17
Use props
mnetwork01
New

United States

I was seeing GPS issues in my Phantom 2+ that I just recently bought off eBay. Was very hard to get 6 satellites before taking off in my yard. I was usually getting 5. I would then take off and get 2 or 3 more after. I was seeing it drop 2 or 3 when recording too. Very scary to be up 1000ft and have it go into ATTI mode. I have now resolved my issue completely.

I first rerouted the cable under the shielding. I then took Reflectix 2-in x 30-ft Reflective Insulation Tape (http://www.lowes.com/pd_135512-56291-FT210_0__?productId=3012014) and put two strips going lengthwise from motor to motor. I added two smaller strips going across the GPS module to completely cover it. After doing that I can immediately get 8 satellites while just sitting in my yard and that goes up to 10 when I am flying. Recording video now now has NO EFFECT on the satellite number. I recommend using that tape.
2016-4-8
Use props
alobaloss
New

Turkey

testxxx111
2018-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules