Very Cool! thank you!
2017-1-24
Use props
C_LUU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 481988 ft
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2017-1-24 22:11
The lens correction data is built into the DNG file, this was established some time ago, so there is no need for Adobe to provide any presets.

Not sure who established that, because its incorrect

lens corrections are developed by in house adobe staff that spend thousands of hours working on them, then they are released into the software via update, if you go into an adobe product you can bring up and view the profile, create your own and or change existing, all without loading any files with metadata. Whats built into the DNG is the identity of the camera and lens, this is so adobe can identify which profile to use when correcting
2017-1-24
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

C_LUU Posted at 2017-1-24 22:42
Not sure who established that, because its incorrect

lens corrections are developed by in house adobe staff that spend thousands of hours working on them, then they are released into the software via update, if you go into an adobe product you can bring up and view the profile, create your own and or change existing, all without loading any files with metadata. Whats built into the DNG is the identity of the camera and lens, this is so adobe can identify which profile to use when correcting

Sorry, but that is not the case, I can open the DNG files with lens correction in place using non-Adobe applications. Try loading it using Da Vinci Resolve and it will reveal that the data is in place in the file.
2017-1-25
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

Have looked at both DNG Files. Both seem fine to me other than needing standard adjustment. The main thing that was out was Colour Temp.  First one was way too warm and second was a bit cool.

Must be presets on your system.

I used ACR in 2010 mode with black point set to zero and then dropped the exposure to bring back highlights. Then into Photoshop CC and used my standard action.

ACR Output

ACR Output

Processed

Processed

ACR Output

ACR Output

Processed

Processed
2017-1-25
Use props
Ricur
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1056076 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

Yes, I know I can manipulate the RAW, or DNG in this case. That´s not a issue for me.  My issue is that ACR is not reading properly the file and applies an adjustment to it, so the starting point for the manipulation of the DNG is of. Either Adobe updates that profile or DJI adds a profile to their DNG that Adobe already has, but it seems the two are not communicating properly.
2017-1-25
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

Ricur Posted at 2017-1-25 08:32
Yes, I know I can manipulate the RAW, or DNG in this case. That´s not a issue for me.  My issue is that ACR is not reading properly the file and applies an adjustment to it, so the starting point for the manipulation of the DNG is of. Either Adobe updates that profile or DJI adds a profile to their DNG that Adobe already has, but it seems the two are not communicating properly.

I have the latest update of ACR and did not have that problem. My guess is that the problem lies in your own system. It is one of those weird annoying glitches which can take up a lot of time and be very frustrating. One checkbox ticked incorrectly or bad setting.

Good luck.  
2017-1-25
Use props
C_LUU
lvl.4
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2017-1-25 00:51
Sorry, but that is not the case, I can open the DNG files with lens correction in place using non-Adobe applications. Try loading it using Da Vinci Resolve and it will reveal that the data is in place in the file.

You dont like being wrong do you?

Please do a google search or even a search of this forum. Separate profiles ARE required to correct lens distortion in adobe, there is a lag between new products and adobe release, if you had any adobe products you would probably know this.

You are getting confused with the most basic of corrections contained within the DNG file, heck, when you take a jpeg those corrections are used. We are talking about good lens correction profiles... they are around, thousands of them, have been for years. They need to be applied to both Jpeg and DNG if you were editing both
2017-1-25
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

C_LUU Posted at 2017-1-25 16:35

Please do a google search or even a search of this forum. Separate profiles ARE required to correct lens distortion in adobe, there is a lag between new products and adobe release, if you had any adobe products you would probably know this.

'You dont like being wrong do you? '

Neither do you it appears. I do have Adobe products, but I do not choose to use them for everything. There is a life outside of Adobe, believe it or not, and it can deal with lens distortions too.

2017-1-27
Use props
fans4fb1436d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5402064 ft
Australia

Hi, did you sort this, my p4p photos are also dark once I take the into lightroom??
2017-1-28
Use props
fans60a92083
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1425686 ft
Australia

Ricur Posted at 2017-1-17 18:06
I am using Camera Raw and then Photoshop.  This never happened with the Phantom 4 or the Phantom 3 Pro.  I have chatted with a rep and they say is normal!  There´s no way that that is normal.

No way, this isn't normal. I've been shooting raw and processing DNG's for 20yrs with multiple camera systems and thats just typical support crap for "I don't know".
2017-5-17
Use props
fans60a92083
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1425686 ft
Australia

PliciPleosc Posted at 2017-1-17 22:58
I am curious, can you set RAW+JPEG and upload somewhere original files. My DNG experience on my P4P seems to differ very much.

2017-5-17
Use props
PliciPleosc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 100226 ft
Romania

I cannot see any picture.
2017-5-17
Use props
fans1272329c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 93563 ft
Australia

Well I have the same issue here, pictures taken in DNG with P4P are really crap, saturated and some of them are completely color damage is impossible to recover, when I look at them in the DJigo app they are just fine but them when I open them in Lightroom/cameraraw is really bad. JPG are fine with the settings I intended.
2018-2-26
Use props
RSS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5945 ft
Portugal

fans1272329c Posted at 2018-2-26 01:55
Well I have the same issue here, pictures taken in DNG with P4P are really crap, saturated and some of them are completely color damage is impossible to recover, when I look at them in the DJigo app they are just fine but them when I open them in Lightroom/cameraraw is really bad. JPG are fine with the settings I intended.

Hello

What firmware release are you using in your P4P AC ?
2018-2-26
Use props
fans1272329c
lvl.1
Australia

RSS Posted at 2018-2-26 04:03
Hello

The latest version 01.05.0300
cheers
2018-2-26
Use props
fans1272329c
lvl.1
Australia

Hello

The latest version 01.05.0300
cheers
2018-2-26
Use props
fans1272329c
lvl.1
Australia

Hello

Latest version 01.05.0300
2018-2-26
Use props
RSS
lvl.2
Portugal

fans1272329c Posted at 2018-2-26 01:55

Are you using RAW / DNG files stored in SD Card ?
I'm with 0602 AC firmware now
I'll post some RAW / DNG and then you compare with yours to check if my files also have the problem that you report
Ok ?
2018-2-26
Use props
fans1272329c
lvl.1
Australia

RSS Posted at 2018-2-26 07:13
Are you using RAW / DNG files stored in SD Card ?
I'm with 0602 AC firmware now
I'll post some RAW / DNG and then you compare with yours to check if my files also have the problem that you report

Hey Sure, that would be great to check if we have the same Issue, Yes I am using RAW/DNG files, I have done it from my computer and after the issue I have try to imported from the SD card to see if that makes any difference. But, no, it is the same.
2018-2-26
Use props
Cinefilms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118829 ft
Dominican Republic

Don't waste your time my friend. I have already posted on this many many times. It's a firmware issue. It's not only on colors...also blurred areas on DNG files.
2018-2-27
Use props
RSS
lvl.2
Portugal

Cinefilms Posted at 2018-2-27 05:40
Don't waste your time my friend. I have already posted on this many many times. It's a firmware issue. It's not only on colors...also blurred areas on DNG files.

Hello

Do you know if the DNG issue that you refer happens in all the P4P AC or RC firmwares ?
2018-2-27
Use props
Cinefilms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118829 ft
Dominican Republic

RSS Posted at 2018-2-27 08:05
Hello

Do you know if the DNG issue that you refer happens in all the P4P AC or RC firmwares ?

no idea on the RC.....but if you go through the p4p forum you will see same issue again and again.
2018-2-28
Use props
Sebb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 498199 ft
  • >>>
Germany

C_LUU Posted at 2017-1-25 16:35

î can guarantee you there is such a thing as  lens correction profiles included directly into the RAW file by the camera system, and this is in fact the case with all Phantoms/Mavics.
since you are apparently ADOBE centric, open Lightroom and scroll down to where you would normally apply lens profiles and you will find a message to the effect that there is already a lens profile applied, with a small warning sign.
Lightroom doesnt let you deactivate it, but if you take a RAW viewer like FastRawViewer you can actually turn it off. that will reveal the actual RAW data. You will be surprised how terrible it looks.

2018-2-28
Use props
C_LUU
lvl.4
Australia

Sebb Posted at 2018-2-28 08:27
î can guarantee you there is such a thing as  lens correction profiles included directly into the RAW file by the camera system, and this is in fact the case with all Phantoms/Mavics.
since you are apparently ADOBE centric, open Lightroom and scroll down to where you would normally apply lens profiles and you will find a message to the effect that there is already a lens profile applied, with a small warning sign.
Lightroom doesnt let you deactivate it, but if you take a RAW viewer like FastRawViewer you can actually turn it off. that will reveal the actual RAW data. You will be surprised how terrible it looks.

Did you try this back in January 2017 when i posted that?

numerous updates, upgrades, releases by both Lightroom and DJI since then, so yes my comment is now obviously out of date.  thanks for pointing that out. FYI when the P3P first came out it didn't have those profiles and lightroom was still developing there own lens correction profiles  which led to a lot of frustration from users
2018-2-28
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

C_LUU Posted at 2018-2-28 18:26
Did you try this back in January 2017 when i posted that?

numerous updates, upgrades, releases by both Lightroom and DJI since then, so yes my comment is now obviously out of date.  thanks for pointing that out. FYI when the P3P first came out it didn't have those profiles and lightroom was still developing there own lens correction profiles  which led to a lot of frustration from users

It was true at the time you posted that, back in January 2017. I advised you of that, but you did not want to listen.
2018-2-28
Use props
C_LUU
lvl.4
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2018-2-28 19:52
It was true at the time you posted that, back in January 2017. I advised you of that, but you did not want to listen.

Thats right, you were trying to tell me how adobe worked and operated when you admitted yourself to not using it
2018-2-28
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

C_LUU Posted at 2018-2-28 21:33
Thats right, you were trying to tell me how adobe worked and operated when you admitted yourself to not using it

No, I was not telling you how Adobe works, I was telling you that the lens correction data is contained in the RAW file, and I proved this correct by using a non-Adobe program to open the RAW file with the corrections in place.

You appear so wedded to Adobe that you would have no idea about this, now Sebb confirms what I said to you at the time.
2018-2-28
Use props
Sebb
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

C_LUU Posted at 2018-2-28 21:33

this has been the case for years for many cameras..

example thread where this is discussed from last year:https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 6344&fromuid=250580

Here is a side-by-side of DNG from P4pro and how it looks when you remove the included correction
The AUTOCORRECTED version is the one you see in Lightroom

2018-3-1
Use props
C_LUU
lvl.4
Australia

Sebb Posted at 2018-3-1 08:45
this has been the case for years for many cameras..

example thread where this is discussed from last year:https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 6344&fromuid=250580

the thread you pointed to refers to the P4P. Please go back and read my original comments, i am talking about the initial release of the P3P (Three) and at that very time the embedded profile was not included in the DNG (as this was the first time phantom series produced DNG's), this was added after in the updates, the discussion was around the profiles Adobe include (yes they include separate profiles to DJI - they are constantly updated with the release of new adobe versions) so you don't have to use the DJI embedded ones if you don't want to, and at the time that profile was not available also! hence the discussion.

There is no need to go back to the fact and argue this,  the issue has been corrected which i confirmed in my original comments of this zombie thread.
2018-3-1
Use props
C_LUU
lvl.4
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2018-2-28 23:00
No, I was not telling you how Adobe works, I was telling you that the lens correction data is contained in the RAW file, and I proved this correct by using a non-Adobe program to open the RAW file with the corrections in place.

You appear so wedded to Adobe that you would have no idea about this, now Sebb confirms what I said to you at the time.

far our brussel sprout! you have not changed 1 bit have you!

I am not wedded to Adobe at all, that seems to be the assumption you keep making, and you do make a lot of assumptions.

you do know you are the reason many people leave these forums right? you seem to criticize everyone with a different opinion to you, iv made my yearly return, i will be going away again as you are just too painful when reading posts
2018-3-1
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

C_LUU Posted at 2018-3-1 17:54
far our brussel sprout! you have not changed 1 bit have you!

I am not wedded to Adobe at all, that seems to be the assumption you keep making, and you do make a lot of assumptions.

'you do know you are the reason many people leave these forums right?'

No sweet cheeks, just you.
2018-3-1
Use props
Sebb
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

C_LUU Posted at 2018-3-1 17:49
the thread you pointed to refers to the P4P. Please go back and read my original comments, i am talking about the initial release of the P3P (Three) and at that very time the embedded profile was not included in the DNG (as this was the first time phantom series produced DNG's), this was added after in the updates, the discussion was around the profiles Adobe include (yes they include separate profiles to DJI - they are constantly updated with the release of new adobe versions) so you don't have to use the DJI embedded ones if you don't want to, and at the time that profile was not available also! hence the discussion.

There is no need to go back to the fact and argue this,  the issue has been corrected which i confirmed in my original comments of this zombie thread.

when i started repying, you were lecturing Geebax on the fact that lens correction profiles are created by the companies like Adobe and Capture One. this is a p4pro thread btw.
you re still kicking and screaming and splitting hairs even after realizing you were plain wrong.
how adult of you.
2018-3-2
Use props
C_LUU
lvl.4
Australia

Sebb Posted at 2018-3-2 01:53
when i started repying, you were lecturing Geebax on the fact that lens correction profiles are created by the companies like Adobe and Capture One. this is a p4pro thread btw.
you re still kicking and screaming and splitting hairs even after realizing you were plain wrong.
how adult of you.

Nice one mate, understand you are replying to a thread and comments that are over a year old. That's the point i was making to you, please understand it .
2018-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules