Huge Jello Effect...
1855 11 2017-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Georgy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20108 ft
Canada

am having the jello effect since unboxing my mavic... sunday afternoon was the worse,
temp was kinda mild for Montreal weather, so just about -2, and here is the result...

i spoke to the dji customer care at night, and they advised me to calibrate gimbal and to reset the cam settings which i did, and i gave it another try today..

same temp and same wind speed...so i will be sending this bird back to DJI who sent me today a ups shipment documents.
am happy with the service so far but i wonder if it is really about the weather, the cold or just faulty gimbal... i see many other videos in way below -10 and still those videos are crisp..

let me know guys ur feedback on this,
2017-1-17
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

The second video seems better than the first one. Is the drone already at the newest version? We have Improved gimbal performance when flying in low temperatures.
2017-1-17
Use props
Georgy
lvl.1
Canada

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2017-1-17 23:40
The second video seems better than the first one. Is the drone already at the newest version? We have Improved gimbal performance when flying in low temperatures.

yes newest version, both mavic and controller...
it went today back to california via ups, so i hope this will be fixed.

i have done all types of calibrations.. and this issue was really from day one, a friend of mine flying same area, same temp, with zero trouble.
2017-1-18
Use props
Georgy
lvl.1
Canada

Georgy Posted at 2017-1-18 08:20
yes newest version, both mavic and controller...
it went today back to california via ups, so i hope this will be fixed.

and here is my first video i made, again plenty of jello

fantastic day, no snow, temp +10, that was out of the box...jello was there...
2017-1-18
Use props
fanse0cfc412
New

Italy

He has solved the problem ???
My Mavic has the same defect
2017-1-24
Use props
Georgy
lvl.1
Canada

fanse0cfc412 Posted at 2017-1-24 00:27
He has solved the problem ???
My Mavic has the same defect

i sent it back to DJI and it sould be back to me within few days, they said they replaced the gimbal as it was faulty... so i dunno what it is gonna be, will keep u all posted soon as i receive it and test it again.

thanks
2017-1-30
Use props
Cage
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21191 ft
United States

Also look into getting the right ND filter for your footage. It will be a huge difference in cold weather.
2017-1-30
Use props
Georgy
lvl.1
Canada

Cage Posted at 2017-1-30 09:45
Also look into getting the right ND filter for your footage. It will be a huge difference in cold weather.

thanks for this tip, my mavic is on the way back from dji, and i will buy the ND filters from them as well now.

thanks again will keep posting results here,
2017-2-7
Use props
harfordhawk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18668 ft
United States

Georgy Posted at 2017-2-7 13:05
thanks for this tip, my mavic is on the way back from dji, and i will buy the ND filters from them as well now.

thanks again will keep posting results here,

Can't wait to see if they fixed it.  If so, I guess I'll have to send mine in also...really hate having to do that.
2017-2-8
Use props
Georgy
lvl.1
Canada

As promised here is my first fly after repair and mavic back from california with new gimbal.

2017-2-14
Use props
Eikro
lvl.2

Russia

Hi! Is the jello completely gone? Was it cold?

I have a combination of weird behaviour with the camera... but it doesn't always happen.   I'm trying to figure it out whether I should open a case and request a warranty repair or there is some kind of cure.
I especially have very low performance in cold (-5C to -10C) weather, namely huge jello and horizon problems (sometimes, rarely but happens, up to 45 degree tilt while in flight), occasional gimbal overloads, generally problems with gimbal manual calibration (sometimes passes OK, but usually not).

2017-2-17
Use props
Georgy
lvl.1
Canada

Eikro Posted at 2017-2-17 13:37
Hi! Is the jello completely gone? Was it cold?

I have a combination of weird behaviour with the camera... but it doesn't always happen.   I'm trying to figure it out whether I should open a case and request a warranty repair or there is some kind of cure.

so what are u waiting for to send it back??
i couldnt wait, and the result is perfect now.. same weather condition and cold here in montreal -10 in average.. so i tried it few times already and that jello issue is gone..
2017-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules