Battery heater turns off when inserted into I2
1177 2 2017-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463012 ft
China

It was 5 A.M when i arrived at the start of the mission which required me to climb a mountain. Before i started the climb i calibrated compass and saw the DJI GO said temp below 15C need to pre heat batteries. I turned off I2, removed the batteries and activated the heaters. after short time they had started to get warm. Just before we stated the climb i reinserted into the I2 the LEDS were still flashing at that time and the battery was warm to the touch. All good so far !!

When i got to the chosen place to film i turn on DJI GO and it said "battery heater" to my surprise the LED lights had turned off on the batteries. Had to wait with I2 turned on and the battery heater to kick in automatically but this time controlled by DJI GO. The "second" set of batteries which was in my backpack where still flashing "heater actiavted"

I experimented once back home. If you insert a battery in to the I2 with battery heaters "on" they will turn "off" as soon as inserted and you cant press the button to activate the heater function.. this can only be done by DJI GO!!!

So lesson here is keep them in your pocket until time to fly then insert and let the I2 be in control.     

Not expained in the I2 manual .....

2017-1-17
Use props
Arrow1969
Second Officer
Flight distance : 400577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not sure if you've attempted to attach photos it's just the text in front of your descriptions.

Interesting regarding battery heaters I'm going testing my I2 today not forecast to be very cold in UK though +7 or 8 with very little chill factor 2 to 3 MPH.
2017-1-17
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
China

When the battery temp. is lower than 15 degrees, the APP will show tip to preheat the battery. There are 2 ways to preheat the battery: 1. heat the battery manually through pressing the battery buttom for 3 seconds; 2. put the battery into the drone, and open it, the drone will heat the battery automatically.
2017-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules