BRAND NEW Mavic Pro, Controller NOT Charging
14382 16 2017-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cyclops_nz
New

New Zealand

Kia ora,

[size=14.6667px]I picked up my brand new mavic today and sadly the controller will not charge, its been charging for 10 hours and the battery is losing charge...

[size=14.6667px]If anyone has any ideas about what is going wrong, or has had the same problem. let me know.
[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Fi0-MNM0Vg
[size=14.6667px]

2017-1-18
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

First try different USB-cable. Might be that the one You use is defective ...............
2017-1-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Just as Angelo mentioned, please try another USB cable.
Let us know if this helps.
2017-1-18
Use props
Cwood
lvl.2
Flight distance : 97638 ft
Canada

I had this happen after a month of normal use.  Charger would not charge to either of the USB ports.  I was about to initiate a return and decided to unplug the charger leave it unplugged for a minute and plug it back in.  Solved the issue.  May be a circuit inside that was tripped or a capacitor acting up or something....has not happened again.  I tried different cables etc etc.  To troubleshoot plug that same cable into a phone or other USB charged device and see if it records charge....or, plug a different usb charger into the controller and see if it charges....this will isolate the RC or the charger itself.  USB are all the same voltage so no danger in mixing and matching to test.
2017-1-18
Use props
fans672e9f91
lvl.1

United States

It could be a dead cell.  It does happen from time to time.  Try a different source and cable.  Sometimes it reads the input as a voltage error and doesn't charge correctly.  They are "smart" batteries so they attempt to reduce the the rate so they don't fry themselves.  
2017-1-18
Use props
cyclops_nz
New

New Zealand

Thank's everyone for your replies, i have tried different cables, usb chargers unplugging,  replugging, turning off and on again. its been "On Charge" all night. and has only decreased in BAT PCT's   

definitely a defective unit )-:  
2017-1-18
Use props
fans6cdda73a
New
Flight distance : 308 ft
France

Same problem for me.
just received a brand new mavic pro. I tried to charge the RC, unsuccessfully... Maximum reach was 71% the first time and going down day after day.
I opened a case at DJI support and send my RC back. Quite disappointing for unit at this price, but... I have to wait 2 more weeks.
if only they had tested units before sending it ...
2017-5-30
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

This seems to be normal for the charger.  It is a bit temperamental at times.  Patience is a virtue.  
2017-5-30
Use props
fans2dbd9919
lvl.1
United States

We just got the Mavic and our RC would not charge.  Super frustrating especially when we paid so much for it!  

We were finally able to manipulate the cord in order to get it to charge.  We have to apply weight to the cord at the port connection.  

In any case, i think it will only be a matter of time before that stops working so i am going to see if i can get it replaced.
2017-6-18
Use props
Buff
New
United States

My remote control never turned on or charged straight out of the box. I had to fly with the DJI go app. Which caused me to crash also. Didn't even have the drone for 24 hours. Sent the whole thing in for repair and a month later got everything back still broke. Was told they didn't even try to turn on the remote control. Which was the initial reason for me sending everything in.
2017-6-21
Use props
RicardoF
New
Portugal

Buff Posted at 2017-6-21 07:52
My remote control never turned on or charged straight out of the box. I had to fly with the DJI go app. Which caused me to crash also. Didn't even have the drone for 24 hours. Sent the whole thing in for repair and a month later got everything back still broke. Was told they didn't even try to turn on the remote control. Which was the initial reason for me sending everything in.

Hello to all! Faced the same problem today! The controller battery doesn't charge, not even the MAVIC battery.

Solution: picked another cable which connects the power supply to the electric network.

VOILA: Both devices started to charge.
2017-6-23
Use props
Buff
New
United States

RicardoF Posted at 2017-6-23 08:34
Hello to all! Faced the same problem today! The controller battery doesn't charge, not even the MAVIC battery.

Solution: picked another cable which connects the power supply to the electric network.

My batteries for the Mavic all charged fine. Even tried different cables on the R/C. Nothing worked.
2017-6-25
Use props
ninjapilot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3156381 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I figured out that there is a connector between the first and second circuit board inside the controller. When the connector is disconnected, the remote will behave exactly like this. When connected to a Micro USB charger, it will say charging 1% for a moment, then go black. I opened the controller (which should be done carefully) and connected the cable again. And all works again. When I then startet charging it actually was at 25% from the start.

2018-6-9
Use props
Tim.Rhind
lvl.1

Thailand

ninjapilot Posted at 2018-6-9 11:51
I figured out that there is a connector between the first and second circuit board inside the controller. When the connector is disconnected, the remote will behave exactly like this. When connected to a Micro USB charger, it will say charging 1% for a moment, then go black. I opened the controller (which should be done carefully) and connected the cable again. And all works again. When I then startet charging it actually was at 25% from the start.

[view_image]

Will it display charging and 0 percent if it has this as a problem?  I am in Thailand.  I bought my mavic pro platinum before I came here.  I had never used it only to find that it wouldn't charge and gave and the charging display turned off with 30 percent showing.  So I had a friend take it back to Canada with him and send to the DJI repair in Canada.  Then when he came back a few months later he delivered it to me.  Unfortunately when I tried to charge it, it now behaved differently but said Charging and 0 percent charge.  Even after being plugged in for an hour.  So I have never been able to use my drone since I purchased it.  I don't want to mail it back to Canada, then pay for the shipping from the repair depot and I am sure Thailand will add on duty and taxes.  Not happy with DJI and their support.  So as I ramble, is it worth me trying to open it up to look for a loose connector, or is the indications not the same.
2019-11-8
Use props
Chyna
lvl.1

United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-5-30 03:29
This seems to be normal for the charger.  It is a bit temperamental at times.  Patience is a virtue.

patience is a virtue??? My ASS!!!
2020-2-14
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Chyna Posted at 2-14 07:14
patience is a virtue??? My ASS!!!

Enough with the violence!
2020-2-14