UK Insurance
9603 21 2017-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shockwave
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27274 ft
United Kingdom

OK, so I keep reading that some of our US P4P owners are getting some great deals on fully inc inusrance from "state farm" has anyone found anything close to this in the UK?

2017-1-18
Use props
mike402
lvl.4
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

I have searched extensively here to find a suitable insurance policy and none appear to be available unless you are running a business. I managed to get thrid party insurance via http://www.fpvuk.org/, but to actually insure the craft seems impossible. My household insurance will not cover it either, even though it covers my cameras which i take with me and are worth far more.

Mike
2017-1-18
Use props
tiscali
lvl.2
United Kingdom

My home insurance policy now specifically excludes drones
2017-1-18
Use props
Shockwave
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I've been in touch with my home insurer (Aviva) after reading somewhere that they're pretty good with drones. They told me that the drone was covered at home, away from home, and even accidental loss. I asked how do you apply accidental loss to a drone? they said well if you flew it into the sea and couldn't retrieve it. I also asked if flying it into a building and destroying it would class as accidental loss, he said yes, as it would be "accidental" as it would be silly to do it deliberately. All this being said, I'd still be expecting some push back from them if I did crash it accidentally, but you never know. However I might email them ans ask for it in writing.
2017-1-18
Use props
Shockwave
lvl.2
United Kingdom

So, I did email my insurers.... here's my email....

Dear Sir,
I’ve just come off the phone with your customer services to confirm that my drone (a DJI Phantom 4 Professional – valued at £1600) is covered on my home insurance. I was told that it was not required to be listed as a specified item. I was also told it is also covered for “accidental loss” outside of the home too, and he gave me 3 examples… the first was theft, the second was if I accidentally flew it into the sea or lost it after it malfunctioned and flew away for example and couldn’t be physically retrieved, or it was accidentally crashed and it was destroyed. I am wondering as drones don’t appear anywhere in my house documentation specifically, could you please confirm all of the above please? Thank you in advance

The reply I got is very positive.....

Thanks for contacting us in relation to your policy.
In response to your email I can confirm all of the information you were given was correct. Due to the value of the Drone you have we do not need to specify it on your policy. Items valued over our single article limit of £2000 we look to specify on our Home Insurance Policies.
As you have Personal Belongings cover include on your Policy this covers you for your Drone in and away from the Home worldwide for Loss/Damage, this is stated under the Personal Belongings section on your Policy documents.
As standard under our Contents Policies we cover for all of the major perils therefore this would include Theft or Attempted Theft from the home.
Personal Liability under the Contents section automatically provides legal liability for damage or injury caused by these items.
I hope this helps but if you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

So I'm happy with that...
2017-1-19
Use props
BashP4P+
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Shockwave good work thats awesome. Whats the excess if any and I assume this would be just a peace of mind for loss/accidental/ theft etc only but you would need to use something like BMFA £33 for public liability/third party damage?  

Eitherway I ll b switching my home insurance to aviva.

Thanks
2017-1-19
Use props
Shockwave
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Bash

Legal liability is also included.... "Personal Liability under the Contents section automatically provides legal liability for damage or injury caused by these items", but I'm also a member of the BMFA anyways

I have a £100 excess on items away from the home....

Aviva are very good actually... I have my cars insured with them too.
2017-1-20
Use props
BashP4P+
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Brilliant.. That sounds really good. A no brainer
2017-1-20
Use props
Mutley
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24967 ft
United Kingdom

I changed our House Insurance over to Aviva last week when I found out my insurance company wont cover drones, unlimited contents Insurance, more stuff covered and Drones covered with Public Liability all for £5 a month less,  thats a Whopping no Brainer !!!!!
2017-3-20
Use props
niic
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Shockwave Posted at 2017-1-19 09:33

Dear Sir,

I can't thank you enough for posting in this thread. I have searched for weeks for an issuer that will cover unlicensed hobbyists. I read out your email to a Aviva help support operator to double check everything was still valid with the reply you got from them. Spent about 20min on hold while their Techs discussed it. I wanted to be absolutely sure so very happy to wait while they interpret their policy jargon. I can confirm it is all still relevant.

My main two questions...
- if I suffer mechanical or software failure causing a fatal loss of the drone itself
- if I suffer from the above OR I accidentally crash into a structure or fly it into the ocean and drone unrecoverable

In both instances, I'm completely covered.

Moreover, I'm covered for personal liability up to £1m if I fly the drone into my head. I also get Public Liability up to £1m ...but like you, I'm a county member with BMFA so have PL covered.

I'm super happy with what I've heard so far and so moving our Home&Contents over to them.

I really can't thank you enough. It's not advertised very well so I probably wouldn't have found it without your post.

Cheers Nick
2017-7-15
Use props
fans20bee045
lvl.1
Flight distance : 135151 ft
United Kingdom

niic Posted at 2017-7-15 03:07
I can't thank you enough for posting in this thread. I have searched for weeks for an issuer that will cover unlicensed hobbyists. I read out your email to a Aviva help support operator to double check everything was still valid with the reply you got from them. Spent about 20min on hold while their Techs discussed it. I wanted to be absolutely sure so very happy to wait while they interpret their policy jargon. I can confirm it is all still relevant.

My main two questions...

while Aviva is a great alternative, I was wondering what to do if you dont want to switch your home insurance. I came across backmeup.co.uk and they cover drones (new and used). The website is very simple and looks alright but I am wondering if thats too good to be true. I have just had a flyaway and I am not sure what to do now. I am going to see if I can get a replacement from DJI for my P4P as it was only 2 months old. But the new one I am definitely getting insured from them. Has anyone else claimed through backmeup or if anyone knows where do I stand with DJI for a flyaway ? Any help would be highly appreciated.
2017-7-17
Use props
fans256166a5
lvl.1
United Kingdom

fans20bee045 Posted at 2017-7-17 02:57
while Aviva is a great alternative, I was wondering what to do if you dont want to switch your home insurance. I came across backmeup.co.uk and they cover drones (new and used). The website is very simple and looks alright but I am wondering if thats too good to be true. I have just had a flyaway and I am not sure what to do now. I am going to see if I can get a replacement from DJI for my P4P as it was only 2 months old. But the new one I am definitely getting insured from them. Has anyone else claimed through backmeup or if anyone knows where do I stand with DJI for a flyaway ? Any help would be highly appreciated.

BackMeUp no longer insure drones it seems - are there any alternatives? - I am going to check my current home insurance and Aviva.
2017-12-4
Use props
Deusteama78
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Shockwave Posted at 2017-1-19 09:33

Dear Sir,

who is the insurer that you have cover with please?
2018-4-23
Use props
FPVUK
New

United Kingdom

mike402 Posted at 2017-1-18 04:52
I have searched extensively here to find a suitable insurance policy and none appear to be available unless you are running a business. I managed to get thrid party insurance via http://www.fpvuk.org/, but to actually insure the craft seems impossible. My household insurance will not cover it either, even though it covers my cameras which i take with me and are worth far more.

Mike

I'm pleased to announce that FPV UK members now get 50% off Hobby Drone Accidental Insurance Cover for DJI multi-rotors at FlyIcarus.com

You can see details on our webste (I can't post links).

Membership to FPV UK is £19.99 per year, which includes public liability insurance among many other benefits, and the FlyIcarus Accidental Damage Policies start at £49.50 per year.
2018-12-4
Use props
embayweather
lvl.4
United Kingdom

FPVUK Posted at 12-4 04:12
I'm pleased to announce that FPV UK members now get 50% off Hobby Drone Accidental Insurance Cover for DJI multi-rotors at FlyIcarus.com

You can see details on our webste (I can't post links).

That sounds like good news to me at least, as I am one of your members.
2018-12-4
Use props
embayweather
lvl.4
United Kingdom

FPVUK Posted at 12-4 04:12

You can see details on our webste (I can't post links).

Just tried accessing the website which appears to be offline at the moment.
2018-12-4
Use props
Aerial-Image
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I trust Aviva...
2018-12-4
Use props
FPVUK
New

United Kingdom

embayweather Posted at 12-4 04:56
Just tried accessing the website which appears to be offline at the moment.

Hi embayweather,

FlyIcarus.com launched their totally new website this week.  You can see our news article about the partnership on our news section, or if you go to flyicarus.com you will see a popup comes up on their homepage.

Exciting times!

All the best

Simon
2018-12-9
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Czechia

I always found that UK Insurers on Home Contents - wanted to be aware of items that would be carried away from home ... not a great detailed list but at least some indication. This stood me in very good stead when my yacht got broken into and all gear inside including fishing / personal items were stolen. No quibbles ... just a confirmation from Legal And General that I could nominate the shops to purchase replacements from - they then confirmed to the shops invoice to them. They even said - I could take items to the same value and not exactly what was stolen. As long as it remained in the same grouping.

I cannot say same for the Yacht Insurance - who fought every penny all the way ...

Nigel
2018-12-10
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Forgot to mention that in UK ... it would be rare to find any Insurance that will cover loss ... damage to ... a run o'mill RC model ... unless its stolen. It was always a discussion point for regular RC model owners as the only Insurance was in reality to pay out for damage / injury models caused. The BMFA scheme was based on this fact and is why it only covers 3rd Party liability.

Nigel
2018-12-10
Use props
Bruce Avila
New

United States

Looking for the best and cheapest life insurance? Look no further than here! We make it easy to compare life insurance quotes and find the perfect coverage you need. Whether you're looking for cheap term life insurance , or even if you want to buy a whole or universal life insurance policy , we can help. With our simple online comparison tool, you can get multiple quotes and choose the best one for your needs. No more worrying about whether or not you'll be able to afford quality insurance coverage; just give us a call and let us help you get exactly what you need at an affordable https://manchestermortgages.co.uk/ .
2022-4-29
Use props
Bruce Avila
New

United States

thanks a lot  
2022-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules