1696 11 2017-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
D A P
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26093 ft
United States

Hello Everyone

Just received my new P4P and really like it, good build quality and looks very professional, for my new business I'm starting.

However I need some help which might involve sending it back.

So I went through all the youtube channels and instructions to set my P4P up, firmware all done successfully etc etc. (Check)

However being I have a very keen and precise eye, I have noticed that my camera is pointing slightly to the right once its initialized.  I performed a Gimbal calibration and even calibrated it on the screen however it does point to the right and is not centred.

When I performed the Gimbal Calibration it did go through the full left and full right initialization but still my camera is not centred as it should be.  I'm hoping this can be fixed with some form of Gimbal firmware update, a fellow P3PA user has said it shouldn’t matter too much but it raise some concern.

I did raise a call with DJI but no one has yet responded.

Attached is a picture: It shows my drone on a bit of paper which is parallel to laminate flooring and that’s dead straight and the drone is straight however the ruler clear shows the Gimbal is pointing to the right (or left if you look from above)

Any ideas from anyone would be appreciated.

Thanks

Regards

Alignment

Alignment
2017-1-18
Use props
fansd3ba0cd8
lvl.1

Germany

The same with my P4Pro. Slightly right.
2017-1-18
Use props
REDBARON0
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2456043 ft
Canada

turn P4P off then 'gently pursuade the gimble in the same direction it needs to travel further in...then restart to confirm realignment....

you may have to readjust in opposite direction if you travel past center however. i did.
2017-1-18
Use props
D A P
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I did try something like that but not in the same process you mentioned REDBARON0, so I will try that now and let the community know, a little happy to know its not just me also.
2017-1-18
Use props
D A P
lvl.1
United Kingdom

REDBARON0  thanks for the tip but that failed.... there must be a faulty batch of these drones as another user has the same issue. I have just been in contact with DJI, from non European side as I needed help urgently on this. The assistance asked me to reset IMU which I have (Spirit level a table to the micro millimetre) and went through that and the compass setting and still the same issue
2017-1-18
Use props
marciano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8748281 ft
Uruguay

I have the same problem.  Maybe it is also responsible of horizon variations from +2 to -1 degrees.  It is unacceptable.  I got better results with Zenmuse Gimbal I used in my Phantom 1.
2017-1-18
Use props
ROBERTO SMERA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 42619744 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Gently hold the insertion of gimbal to the drone and twist it to the opposite direction (left). Be careful to use the right amount of force so you don't break anything. I had exactly the same issue and after a few tries my gimbal is dead center. Try again and report back. Good luck, mate.
2017-1-18
Use props
D A P
lvl.1
United States

Hi Roberto, I did try that and centered it ever so gently moving the gimbal and it stayed center, until I moved the camera up/down (Using C1 button) or moved the Drone,  it slowly went to the right again.  I'm thinking a firmware update to be honest guys. I'm really scared that fiddling with Gimbal might damage it.  I'm in conversation with Japan and Korea at the moment, so I'm really hoping I can get this resolved soon.
2017-1-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

This issue may occur if the gimbal is skewed due to shaking in transportation, and the rubber gimbal ring moves toward one side. To fix this issue, turn off aircraft, manually rotate the gimbal in the opposite direction of the tilt until it reaches its limit. Do this several times, and the gimbal should be centered.
2017-1-19
Use props
D A P
lvl.1
United States

Hi Natalie I will try that tonight and let the forum know, I have confirmation that I can RMA my P4P which is a real shame seeing its 4 days old.  If your suggestion doesn't work,  I will have to send it back.
Just want to thank you all for your responses and advice, happy flying everyone
2017-1-19
Use props
D A P
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi Natalie, Just an update, I did try what you said and for a brief moment it was centred, however noticed a lot of play in the gimbal and movement. When placing the plastic gimbal carriage holder back on and then taking off to test and make sure it kept its centralisation.  I noticed the gimbal had moved to the right again,  I think its a design problem in the rubber gimbal ring allowing to much freedom to move, you shouldn't have to adjust every time you take the gimbal carriage holder off. I will be getting a new replacement from DJI, however it has knocked my confidence in the design and quality of this product. Thank you for helping out anyway, I hope some of these comments can be used by DJI to further improve the products.
2017-1-19
Use props
D A P
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Update on Gimbal:  I now received my second P4P and the gimbal is a lot straighter, however I have another Gimbal issue. When I move the drone the gimbal motor makes a noise as you would expect. However it then goes into the high pitched noise that to me sounds like a motor issue. So far I'm not too impressed with the Gimbal on these SUA they seem poorly made and designed. Does anyone else get these noises?
2017-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules