Mounting upgrade kit IMUs on M600
1565 6 2017-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
natelannan
lvl.1

United States

What have you all done when mounting A3 upgrade kits to the M600?  The instructions online show how to connect the upgrades but does not show a preferred mounting position for the IMUs.  I suppose The IMUs can be mounted with 3m tape on top of the M600, but this is not optimal.  In looking at the M600 pro manual, it looks like there is an extra bracket to attach the two IMU modules to the frame.  Is this bracket available to people who have purchased 2 upgrade kits?

Just curious what everybody else has done and if there is some documentation out there that I am overlooking.
2017-1-18
Use props
ricci2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
France

RE: Mounting upgrade kit IMUs on M600

Hi,
I found the lack of info strange but the assistant 2, software will allow you to tell the A3 where the imu and gps are exactly in 3d space. So you don't have to look it up the centre of Mass is deemed to be 26mm below the top-plate of the m600 and measurements are in the centre of the imu, x,y,z. so the z, of the imu mounted to the top plate is around 36mm positive.
I placed the imu at the back end of the centre cover to afford some protection and opened the wire access hole a little. The gps was placed opposite the factory fitted one using the only three screws, two provided and one original, had to make the tab hole a bit bigger on the outboard side. Don't forget to deduct 26mm from the antenna z, height in assistant 2.hope this helps

Ricci

2nd imu location

2nd imu location

2017-1-18
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1135738 ft
Italy

The extra bracket is not available for purchase. You can actually mount them wherever you want, you just need to enter the right values in the Assistant Software, the easiest way is to mount them facing forward.
They actually come with the 3m tape, that works perfectly.

There is very little documentation, but unfortunately thats something to get used to with the M600
2017-1-18
Use props
bobo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1544416 ft
  • >>>
United States

ricci2 Posted at 2017-1-18 10:33
Hi,
I found the lack of info strange but the assistant 2, software will allow you to tell the A3 where the imu and gps are exactly in 3d space. So you don't have to look it up the centre of Mass is deemed to be 26mm below the top-plate of the m600 and measurements are in the centre of the imu, x,y,z. so the z, of the imu mounted to the top plate is around 36mm positive.
I placed the imu at the back end of the centre cover to afford some protection and opened the wire access hole a little. The gps was placed opposite the factory fitted one using the only three screws, two provided and one original, had to make the tab hole a bit bigger on the outboard side. Don't forget to deduct 26mm from the antenna z, height in assistant 2.hope this helps

That pick shows the right GPS pointing to the left. Should be pointing front
2017-1-20
Use props
ricci2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
France

Hi,
I was waiting for someone observant to pick that up.. I just took it out of the pelle box and popped it in for the picture, its locked off in the correct direction now.
Thanks for saying anyway as it might confuse the imu's and bring the craft down.

ricci
2017-1-20
Use props
bobo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1544416 ft
  • >>>
United States

ricci2 Posted at 2017-1-20 03:55
Hi,
I was waiting for someone observant to pick that up.. I just took it out of the pelle box and popped it in for the picture, its locked off in the correct direction now.
Thanks for saying anyway as it might confuse the imu's and bring the craft down.

Thats what we are here for!
2017-1-20
Use props
natelannan
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for the replies everybody!  I figured the solution was going to be to stick them on with 3m and adjust placement in software.  
2017-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules