Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Most reliable with minimal fussing: Which to get?
602 10 2017-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eliot may
lvl.3
Flight distance : 245367 ft
United States

So I want to upgrade from my P3S. I dont want firmware headaches, Im not a computer guy. I love to fly. Which model is best / least fussy? That is my requirement. I dont necessarily need the higher level functions.
Single SelectVote, Total 5 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

40.00% (2)
40.00% (2)
20.00% (1)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2017-1-18
Use props
Ob1415
lvl.2

United States

They all tend to be a bit fussy at times, but I'd say the P3P has the least problems right now as it is an "older" platform which they've had more time to work the bugs out of.
2017-1-18
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

The P4 is also pretty stable now, haven't even seen a gimbal guard problem recently.

As for reliability, the quick release propellers seem to cause a lot less problems than the screw on type, ie they never fly off, and if you ever make use of the obstacle avoidance then it will have been well worth having.

2017-1-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-1-18 12:43
The P4 is also pretty stable now, haven't even seen a gimbal guard problem recently.

As for reliability, the quick release propellers seem to cause a lot less problems than the screw on type, ie they never fly off, and if you ever make use of the obstacle avoidance then it will have been well worth having.

Since you don't need the higher lever features or the latest technology, the Phantom 3 Advanced is great.
2017-1-18
Use props
Microcyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

All discontinued now, so you have to go for the Mavic or or the PS4 pro
2017-1-18
Use props
Ob1415
lvl.2

United States

Microcyb Posted at 2017-1-18 12:48
All discontinued now, so you have to go for the Mavic or or the PS4 pro

Maybe discontinued, but still available.
2017-1-18
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Why do you want to upgrade? What part of the aircraft is important to you, just flying, or the camera?
2017-1-18
Use props
eliot may
lvl.3
Flight distance : 245367 ft
United States

lightbridge, range, more advanced positioning technology, two antennae, ground cam, speed. Just those!!
2017-1-18
Use props
Ob1415
lvl.2

United States

My next one will be the Mavic Pro.  Love the portability and it does pretty much everything the P4P does for substantially less.
2017-1-18
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Ob1415 Posted at 2017-1-18 14:53
My next one will be the Mavic Pro.  Love the portability and it does pretty much everything the P4P does for substantially less.

Well, not really, the Mavic does not have the larger sensor that the P4P has, nor any of the object avoidance technology. And from all accounts, it does not fly as well in windy conditions.
2017-1-18
Use props
Odan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182913 ft
United States

I can only speak from my own experience with the Phantom 4.  I have hd no problems t all so far.  Only59,000 feet traveled so far. I have an iPad air, nice large screen.
I don't know what P4P has..
I only use the iPad for my drone and have no probs with that. I got the P4 because I figured it had enough but not too much.
Me and computers don't get along well either so I have been happy with how simple everything is so far.
I haven't ever used any other type of drone so I can't compare. But like you, I wanted it to be easy and the Phantom 4 has been a gr0 choice for me
2017-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules