1116 9 2017-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
patou72
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3316614 ft
Switzerland

Hello folks and Pro's,

Today i managed finally my first flight after a few days of bad weather, quite amazing but i need to get used to the new frame instead of the Inspire1.
I was filming in a urbain area (with permission) for a documentary in between the buildings at a low level of maybe 10-15 feets and the collision avoidance kicked in.

So far so good, but...!!! Let me try to explain with my poor english...

Once the collision avoidance active, the AC was not responsive anymore, you just can go backwards but not to your left or right (roll) and no yaw at all. But we had some wind this day
and the stabilisation of the craft with GPS was not very stable ( i didn't felt this kind of rock solid feeling like the Inspire1...).
So i decided to land the AC, but for my surprise no response at all... the only thing was to go backwards to exit the street (glad that the AC was aligned with the street) and to land it on a parking.

I suggest that DJI gives us full control over the craft in those situations instead of crashing them against a wall on the sides because of the drifting. It could be done with a popup window with a "agreement for full responsability"...

So please feel free to comment this thread.

Thanks

Patrick

2017-1-18
Use props
oc396
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57280 ft
United States

Hmmm, from my experience, once you get so close to something the Inspire 2 will not let you get any closer while in "P" mode. Now if you switch to Atti mode it disables those sensors allowing you to override those settings.
2017-1-18
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Switzerland

Hello oc396,

I'm not a 100% sure but i think i tried the Atti mode as well. I think i gonna test this once more in a open area to be sure. The only thing is, if you are in a situation with some wind and you don't have a lot of space on the sides, it would be more safe to stay in GPS mode instead of switching to Atti to regain control over the Aircraft.

Thanks

Patrick
2017-1-19
Use props
jet8
New

China

Hi, patou72,

In your case, the key problem is that GPS worked not well between buildings.
As far as the AC didn't responce left or right controling in stop status, maybe because DJI think it's the safest way to avoid collision. Actually, in stop status, you are allowed to contol AC by backwards together with left or right controlling. And the yaw is also available.
2017-1-19
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Switzerland

jet8 Posted at 2017-1-19 19:17
Hi, patou72,

In your case, the key problem is that GPS worked not well between buildings.

Hello jet8,

I had a good GPS signal, but i couldn't go to the left/right or yaw the craft, only bachwards. I get the feeling that i had maybe some software glitch.

Thanks

Patrick
2017-1-20
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

patou72 Posted at 2017-1-20 00:07
Hello jet8,

I had a good GPS signal, but i couldn't go to the left/right or yaw the craft, only bachwards. I get the feeling that i had maybe some software glitch.

Were you flying between buildings?

Mark G.
2017-1-20
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Switzerland

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-1-20 13:43
Were you flying between buildings?

Mark G.

Yes, we had something like 5-6m between the buildings (height of buildings is about 12m)...
2017-1-21
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

patou72 Posted at 2017-1-21 11:47
Yes, we had something like 5-6m between the buildings (height of buildings is about 12m)...

Can you not turn the sensors off or am I missing something here? I'm assuming the sensors picked something up that they were not happy about and as oc396 says, if you switch to Atti mode and fly manually, you will not get this problem.
I would suggest you try the shot again in Atti. Please let us know how you get on.

Mark G.
2017-1-22
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Switzerland

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-1-22 12:02
Can you not turn the sensors off or am I missing something here? I'm assuming the sensors picked something up that they were not happy about and as oc396 says, if you switch to Atti mode and fly manually, you will not get this problem.
I would suggest you try the shot again in Atti. Please let us know how you get on.

Hello Mark,

You're certainly right, but i presumed that for safety reasons i let the sensors on for this shot. Like i said i'm not a 100% sure if i switched to Atti to get the craft under my control, but anyway we should have the ability to control the craft even in GPS mode when collision avoidance is on (maybe after a popup window with full agreement for the consequences.

Patrick
2017-1-23
Use props
Titomix
lvl.2
Spain

Same here, I tried yesterday the ActiveTrack Mode in P mode with two people in the center of the imagen and I only can go up and down, can't go to the left or the right.
2017-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules