2921 15 2017-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hangman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 79692 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,
I am having problems with the Go app connection. I go through the routine of remote on, bird on, plug in android tablet. The app then opens & connects but when I take off the the camera view freezes & connection to the app is lost.
Ihave tried to run it on the dining room table & the app struggles to connect but when it does I find that when I move the camera, it can take up to 30 seconds to see the movement on screen.
I have only owned the Phantom 4 for about a week & due to weather conditions have not yet had chance to fly it. The firmware is up to date & am using Android 5 on a tablet.
2017-1-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

What is the model of your android device?
You installed the newest DJI GO 4, right?
Please try to delete the APP and reinstall or change another USB cable, then test the performance again.
You need turn off all background programs.
2017-1-19
Use props
Hangman3
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-19 02:44
What is the model of your android device?
You installed the newest DJI GO 4, right?
Please try to delete the APP and reinstall or change another USB cable, then test the performance again.

Its a Teclast P80H 8".
Android 5.1.
I have DJI Go not the Go4 app. Is 4 better?
No other apps running simultaneously.
Various cables tried.

The only thing that seemed to make a slight difference was to enable USB debugging. I can now run the motors with live cam but the app freezes soon after take off.
2017-1-19
Use props
Hangman3
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I have just uninstalled DJI Go & re-installed it. I also installed Go 4. There is no difference between the two apps as regards reliability, they both freeze.
Totally useless.
2017-1-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hangman3 Posted at 2017-1-19 07:04
I have just uninstalled DJI Go & re-installed it. I also installed Go 4. There is no difference between the two apps as regards reliability, they both freeze.
Totally useless.

What is your aircraft  model?
Please try to export the crash log for us.
For android system, you could check it here: /sdcard/DJI/dji.pilot/LOG/CRASH, you will see the crash file. Then upload it to Dropbox, we'll help you analyze it.
Besides, your mobile device is not in DJI Recommended list, it would be best to try another mobile device to check the performance.
2017-1-19
Use props
Hangman3
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-19 23:17
What is your aircraft  model?
Please try to export the crash log for us.
For android system, you could check it here: /sdcard/DJI/dji.pilot/LOG/CRASH, you will see the crash file. Then upload it to Dropbox, we'll help you analyze it.

The aircraft is a Phantom 4. I realise that the mobile device is on the recommended list, but I thought the spec would have made it good enough. Teclast P80h; 64 Bit quad core processor 1.3GHz; 1GB RAM; Android 5.1;
I cant find the file you mention. I open file manager & get USB storageDJI/dji.pilot/LOG & in there I get folders CACHE & ERROR_POP_LOG
Am I doing something wrong? I am not familiar with Android or Apple stuff as I much prefer windows. it would be great if DJIO could see there way to sortin the software to operate on a surface.
PS:I dont have acces to any other mobile units that are compatibe. I tried my grandsons Ipad & it wouldnt even accept the Go4 app.
2017-1-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hangman3 Posted at 2017-1-20 09:45
The aircraft is a Phantom 4. I realise that the mobile device is on the recommended list, but I thought the spec would have made it good enough. Teclast P80h; 64 Bit quad core processor 1.3GHz; 1GB RAM; Android 5.1;
I cant find the file you mention. I open file manager & get USB storageDJI/dji.pilot/LOG & in there I get folders CACHE & ERROR_POP_LOG
Am I doing something wrong? I am not familiar with Android or Apple stuff as I much prefer windows. it would be great if DJIO could see there way to sortin the software to operate on a surface.

Please try to check it here: /sdcard/DJI/dji.go.v4/LOG/CRASH on your android phone.
The iPad is up to date? what is the iOS version?
2017-1-22
Use props
PhantomPhil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44731 ft
United Kingdom

Hangman3 Posted at 2017-1-19 07:04
Totally useless.

For the Phantom 4 you should now be using the DJI Go 4 app and not DJI Go app
http://forum.dji.com/thread-75904-1-1.html
2017-1-22
Use props
Hangman3
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-22 02:02
Please try to check it here: /sdcard/DJI/dji.go.v4/LOG/CRASH on your android phone.
The iPad is up to date? what is the iOS version?

I have now wiped the tablet I have as I will sell it & buy a Samsung Tablet.
Recommended is the Tab S 705c which I cannot seem to find for sale in the UK. Will any of the Tab S series do? What makes it special, is it the Processor & AM size or what?
If it is just the spec. There seems to be other Tablets out there that have even better spec but a lot cheaper. Will they do?
2017-1-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hangman3 Posted at 2017-1-22 10:25
I have now wiped the tablet I have as I will sell it & buy a Samsung Tablet.
Recommended is the Tab S 705c which I cannot seem to find for sale in the UK. Will any of the Tab S series do? What makes it special, is it the Processor & AM size or what?
If it is just the spec. There seems to be other Tablets out there that have even better spec but a lot cheaper. Will they do?

Here is the tested and verified devices: (Android   4.4.0 or later for DJI GO 4) Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD
2017-1-22
Use props
Hangman3
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-22 19:43
Here is the tested and verified devices: (Android   4.4.0 or later for DJI GO 4) Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD

Now looking to buy a Samsung 705
2017-1-26
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Hangman3 Posted at 2017-1-20 09:45

Only 1 GB ram, that's low. I'v never used anything with less than 2GB ram. Also 1.3 GHz is on the low end. But I think it's the low ram that might be giving you the issue.
2017-1-26
Use props
Hangman3
lvl.4
United Kingdom

WilliamM Posted at 2017-1-26 14:06
Only 1 GB ram, that's low. I'v never used anything with less than 2GB ram. Also 1.3 GHz is on the low end. But I think it's the low ram that might be giving you the issue.

OK, ta.
So do you recon that any of the Samsung tab s series with 3GB RAM & 1.9GHz Octacore CPU`s will do the job, or does it have to be the t705 as recomended?
2017-1-28
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Hangman3 Posted at 2017-1-28 08:14
OK, ta.
So do you recon that any of the Samsung tab s series with 3GB RAM & 1.9GHz Octacore CPU`s will do the job, or does it have to be the t705 as recomended?

Well I would think it would work just fine. My first device (HTC 8) was not on the DJI list, and it worked just fine. There are so many Android devices, it would be hard to test them all.
2017-1-28
Use props
Hangman3
lvl.4
United Kingdom

WilliamM Posted at 2017-1-28 09:47
Well I would think it would work just fine. My first device (HTC 8) was not on the DJI list, and it worked just fine. There are so many Android devices, it would be hard to test them all.

I have a Samsung Tab s sm t700 turning up tomorrow. I will let you know.
2017-2-1
Use props
Hangman3
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I can now happily confirm that the Samsung Tab S sm t700works perfectly well with a P4 and the Go4 app.
2017-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules