DJI flight record: How to decrypt?
13372 23 2017-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SwissLogs
lvl.1

Switzerland

Dear all,
I was planning on launching a free flight record analytics site, which shows things like the GPS track, battery cell voltages, battery remaining life, etc. Everything for free since I only pay a marginal amount per year for hosting and programming is one of my hobbies. I've almost decided to lauch my site, but now I have realized that with one of the last updates DJI started to encrypt the flight logs, this was also stated in one of their change logs.
My question is: Since there are quite a few sites out there which apparently managed to decrypt the flight logs, is the encrypt/decrypt mechanism public, e.g. what do I have to do to get hold of the mechanism? I managed to get GPS coordinates out of the flight records, but it beats me on how the keys itself are generated.
Since healthydrones.com for example can decode the logs and they are as they say in regular contact with DJI, I hope the encryption is not secret.
Many thanks and best regards,
SwissLogs

2017-1-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It sounds like you are trying to reinvent the wheel.
Are you planning to offer anything different from http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2017-1-18
Use props
SwissLogs
lvl.1

Switzerland

Did you read my post? It's not about the result it's about the way to it.
2017-1-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

SwissLogs Posted at 2017-1-18 23:07
Did you read my post? It's not about the result it's about the way to it.

Yes, I read your post.
It sounds like you are trying to reinvent the wheel.
Are you planning to offer anything different from http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2017-1-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yeah, then there's also www.healthydrones.com available. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-1-18
Use props
SwissLogs
lvl.1

Switzerland

@Labroides: Yes it will offer much more, as cross-flightlog analytics, and @RedHotPoker contrary to them it will be free of charge. I really don't see why I have to justify my idea of also providing something similar to something that already exists. Would be like telling a new car maker off because there are already other brands existing. Could we now please relate to my question regarding the encrytion? Thank you.
2017-1-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

SwissLogs Posted at 2017-1-19 00:18
@Labroides: Yes it will offer much more, as cross-flightlog analytics, and @RedHotPoker contrary to them it will be free of charge. I really don't see why I have to justify my idea of also providing something similar to something that already exists. Would be like telling a new car maker off because there are already other brands existing. Could we now please relate to my question regarding the encrytion? Thank you.

"Yes it will offer much more, as cross-flightlog analytics"
Good luck with that ... whatever it is.
You don't have to justify anything.
I only asked because as you explained it, it didn't sound significantly different from what's out there already so I was curious.
I don't think there would be many people that would be able to help with the encryption.
2017-1-19
Use props
SwissLogs
lvl.1

Switzerland

Most of it is already up and running (as are the cross-flight things). As said I wanted to go live but now I have this encryption problem. I do not think it is extremely complicated to decrypt, I already found out quite a bit on how it is done but could not figure out (yet) how the keys themselves are generated.
2017-1-19
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Good luck with it. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-1-19
Use props
DronePix
lvl.3
Flight distance : 765469 ft
Australia

swisslogs, any new on decryption? I am interested,
2017-8-3
Use props
djiuser_wvvmTK0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24357 ft
United Kingdom

DronePix Posted at 2017-8-3 01:29
swisslogs, any new on decryption? I am interested,

swisslogs - I am also interested - sorry you had such a hard time getting the question through. Maybe we could revive this post.
I want the information so that I can build by own portal and automate my documentation without having to visit other sites.
2017-12-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_wvvmTK0 Posted at 2017-12-22 02:26
swisslogs - I am also interested - sorry you had such a hard time getting the question through. Maybe we could revive this post.
I want the information so that I can build by own portal and automate my documentation without having to visit other sites.

Everything Swisslogs ever posted on the forum is in this thread.
He hasn't been back since January.
I wouldn't be too confident that you'll be getting a reply from him.
2017-12-22
Use props
Philip Couling
lvl.2
Flight distance : 448081 ft
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 2017-12-22 04:25
Everything Swisslogs ever posted on the forum is in this thread.

Bump.

I'm Software engineer with a wife who just bought him a Mavic air.  Yes I want access to this flight data too.  I don't even have a reason I wish to share, I just want it!
2018-3-20
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Philip Couling Posted at 2018-3-20 05:54
Bump.

I'm Software engineer with a wife who just bought him a Mavic air.  Yes I want access to this flight data too.  I don't even have a reason I wish to share, I just want it!

Take a look here https://datfile.net, it should get you started.

Have fun
2018-3-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Philip Couling Posted at 2018-3-20 05:54
Bump.

I posted a link in post #4 above.
Follow that link and it will give you instructions to display the flight data.
2018-3-20
Use props
Philip Couling
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 2018-3-20 13:14
I posted a link in post #4 above.
Follow that link and it will give you instructions to display the flight data.

It helps a lot less than you might think.  Firstly because I found that site long before this thread.  Secondly:

This is designed to stop other software engineers (like me) re-using it in their own code.
2018-3-21
Use props
Philip Couling
lvl.2
United Kingdom

KedDK Posted at 2018-3-20 07:09
Take a look here https://datfile.net, it should get you started.

Have fun

Oh that is good. Assuming it works (haven't tested yet) the mac version will give me source code too.  Thanks!
2018-3-21
Use props
Philip Couling
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Philip Couling Posted at 2018-3-21 04:40
Oh that is good. Assuming it works (haven't tested yet) the mac version will give me source code too.  Thanks!

Oh. It's based on this.  https://phantompilots.com/thread ... sv-converter.70428/

Oh Well no source code for me :-(
2018-3-21
Use props
DronePlayer1897
lvl.1

United States

You can already get the data.  Airdata gives it in CSV, video geogagger (videogeotagger.com) gives it in gpx and the LineVision software (remotegeo.com) offers all kinds of ways of getting the txt file data and it allows you to show it on a map with target location.  Our search and rescue squad uses all of these.
2018-11-3
Use props
Basic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8196 ft
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 2017-12-22 04:25
Everything Swisslogs ever posted on the forum is in this thread.

Not with that attitude, certainly. Christ, what a toxic environment.

Add me to the list of people who would like to be able to read data off their own device without having someone demand they justify themselves.
2022-2-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Basic Posted at 2-27 01:57
Not with that attitude, certainly. Christ, what a toxic environment.

Add me to the list of people who would like to be able to read data off their own device without having someone demand they justify themselves.

You are replying to a post that's over 5 years old.
What's your complaint?
2022-2-27
Use props
Basic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8196 ft
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 2-27 03:14
You are replying to a post that's over 5 years old.
What's your complaint?

Re-read my post, I'm sure you'll work it out.
2022-3-31
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Basic Posted at 3-31 06:01
Re-read my post, I'm sure you'll work it out.

All that I get is that you're a tosser, but that was obvious on the first reading.
2022-3-31
Use props
balmonder
lvl.1

Germany

As for me, I like cryptocurrency mining and trading for it sinlessness. At this time, I can share with you this site https://tabtrader.com/articles/what-is-cryptocurrency-mining since their software will greatly simplify the whole process of work and teach you to mining process of cryptocurrencies. I really hope this will be useful to you and you may learn a lot of knowledge at this source.
2022-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules