Whats a decent video editing software
734 7 2017-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DLS0680
lvl.1

United States

I have my Phantom 3 Pro and I had trouble playing 4k video on my 4k smart tv until I realized if I shoot it in MP4 instead of MOV it plays perfect.   On my computer is a different story though.   The video freezes quite a bit on my computer unless I shoot it in 1080p in MP4 format then it plays perfectly.  My question is what's a decent video editing software to use to add music to my videos, cut scenes, edit colors and download to youtube.....etc....?     I was looking at Power Director 15 but I really have no idea?
2017-1-18
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 935135 ft
United States

I used Pinnacle Studio for years but got tired of all the quirks. Buggier than a bait store back when I used it. For the last 5+ years I have used Vegas Pro (formerly by Sony but recently purchased by Magix). I really like Vegas Pro although the price is hard to justify for some. When it was owned by Sony, they offered a free trial. You might see if Magix offers one and give it a try.
2017-1-18
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I use Wondersoft's Filmora. It does cost (but not much), but it's very easy to use and doesn't demand much of your laptop/PC resources.
2017-1-19
Use props
ems12a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 555863 ft
  • >>>
United States

Question is asked quite a bit here  =)

Depends on what you want to do really.

I personally like Premier Pro CC 2017. It used to be kinda meh.

But over the last year Adobe added a robust color correction suite and it's pretty competitive with Final Cut Pro IMO.
2017-1-19
Use props
marcaronson408
New

United States

DJI Studio is free and works reasonably well. The downside is the long up-front import ("conversion") process before you can edit.
2017-1-19
Use props
marcaronson408
New

United States

DJI Studio is free and works reasonably well. The downside is a limited feature set and the long up-front import ("conversion") process that creates a very large .avi file to support editing.

Adobe Premiere Elements is feature rich. It doesn't have to create a massive intermediate file to enable editing and performance is good on my laptop.

I've tired a few others, but for now these are my favorites -- DJI Studio if you want something free; Adobe Premiere Elements if you are OK with spending ~$100.

Marc
2017-1-19
Use props
drb1215
lvl.2

United States

A lot of it depends on the platform you have to run it on, what your budget is, and how much time do you want to spend learning how to use it.

For some of the upper end packages like Final Cut Pro X and Premier Pro CC they offer a free 30 day trial. A suggestion would be to get a free trial and then check out YouTube for tutorials. This way you can play with different packages and see what you are most comfortable with.

I personally run Final Cut Pro X. I started with iMovie, so the transition was fairly easy.
2017-1-19
Use props
Ricky Wu
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1360719 ft
Hong Kong

very nice
i like it very much
2017-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now