Unable to update Phantom 4 Pro FW
972 10 2017-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shepams
lvl.1

United States

When I try to update the firmware to V01.02.0304, it gets to 65% then reboots...THen to 72%, and reboots then it states that the update failed. I see that a file has been sent to people that corrected the issue but I can't get anyone to send it to me. I just bought this Drone yesterday and have yet to fly it. My email is Michael-Shepard@outlook.com

2017-1-18
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi. This may sound like an odd question, but as it's a new P4P, have you removed the battery and then ensured it's firmly clicked into place?

Additionally, how are you upgrading? Via Assistant 2?
2017-1-18
Use props
fans9d5529d5
lvl.1

United States

I'm in the same boat.  Can no one share this mysterious file?  mikon@haaksmanmedia.com
2017-1-18
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Try using an IPHONE6s+. I tried MINI2 did the same thing. When I used the phone it zoom right in.

Protect animal population. Spay or Neutered your Pet!
2017-1-18
Use props
shepams
lvl.1

United States

ePetLicensing.c Posted at 2017-1-18 19:53
Try using an IPHONE6s+. I tried MINI2 did the same thing. When I used the phone it zoom right in.

It requires  a BIN file. Received the email from support but no BIN file attached...lol.
2017-1-18
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

shepams Posted at 2017-1-18 19:56
It requires  a BIN file. Received the email from support but no BIN file attached...lol.

No bin file required. Again I updated mine straight from the phone. I have both P4P and P4P+ and the MAVIC PRO and I always update using my phone.

2017-1-18
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

On this page:
http://www.dji.com/phantom-4/info#downloads

Download this (Windows):
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ant+2+1.0.9.exe.zip

Or this (Mac):
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... sistant+2+1.0.9.pkg

Install and connect Phantom. Software is pretty self-explanatory. After you update the quad this way, you'll want to connect your mobile device to the controller and update it as well (if necessary).
2017-1-18
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

ePetLicensing.c Posted at 2017-1-18 20:14
No bin file required. Again I updated mine straight from the phone. I have both P4P and P4P+ and the MAVIC PRO and I always update using my phone.

ePet, you need to be aware that this poster has another thread going. DJI must have considered that it's easier for them to email the .bin file (the firmware) to him to apply directly i.e. (I assume) to cut out the need for download by Assistant or GO. Perhaps his problem is internet connection... Either that, or he really actually has a P4P+
2017-1-18
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-1-18 20:27
ePet, you need to be aware that this poster has another thread going. DJI must have considered that it's easier for them to email the .bin file (the firmware) to him to apply directly i.e. (I assume) to cut out the need for download by Assistant or GO. Perhaps his problem is internet connection... Either that, or he really actually has a P4P+

Thx Punch... I did not see that.
2017-1-18
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

ePetLicensing.c Posted at 2017-1-18 20:29
Thx Punch... I did not see that.

Neither did I when I first responded - I only just read it. I fell for the obvious triage approach too...
2017-1-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

shepams Posted at 2017-1-18 19:56

Please keep us posted with the results, thanks.
If still the same case, then upload a screenshot about the failure page.
2017-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules