HOW TO UPLOAD TO YOUTUBE IN HD?
7914 9 2015-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
liamallen1973
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Anyone know how to upload the footage from my Phantom+ to you tube in HD?

I'm filming in 1080@60FPS.

Heard that I have to convert the file to WMV first then upload but not sure if this is correct?

I've got Final cut Pro on my Mac but no clue if that can convert it?

Any help appreciated :-)
2015-2-17
Use props
busclas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 609012 ft
United States

I've done it by just taking the SD card out of my quad (make sure your quad is off) insert it in your pc or mac and just dragging the file into the upload section of youtube.  Granted you could copy it to your desktop and edit there first.
2015-2-17
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Same here, if the file is recorded in 1080 then youtube will show it as HD,

Youtube marks the video with a HD, such as this one I did of Keswick stones.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=keswick+stones

and most of mine (except the early ones)
2015-2-17
Use props
grangerfx.gmail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

You could spend 20 minutes and edit the video first. iMovie has a share to YouTube feature built right in. I prefer to share it as a file from iMovie and then upload it myself. Most drone videos on the internet are not edited at all so you can make yours stand out by finding some nice free music and edit the video to it.
2015-2-17
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

also, once you upload to youtube, it wont INSTANTLY show the HD option.  their process is batch and encodes the diff ones sequentially.  so immediately you'll have the 480 adn below options.  then a min or two later the 720, then 1080 and so on.  first time i didnt realize this, i kept thinking it was a problem wtih the file i was uploading.  then once i just happenned to wait long enough and boom.

may not be your problem but just making sure
2015-2-17
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well, if you know how to use FCP you can edit it and then save as per this:
2015-2-17
Use props
Jamie
lvl.4

United States

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-2-18 11:07
Well, if you know how to use FCP you can edit it and then save as per this:
https://vimeo.com/838768 ...

I use Sony Vegas Pro, and H.264 MP4 Codec for HD video to post on Vimeo.  YouTube accepts the same compression.

Here are YouTube upload specs.
2015-2-17
Use props
yoshino
New

Singapore

You can copy the videos from DJI drone camera to computer, and then try to upload the video directly to youtube. If you have problem, you can then convert the video before uploading them to youtube. Here's a video converter guide: how to convert DJI video for youtube
2017-5-24
Use props
sasiki
New

France

Here is a guide about how to upload  DJI Inspire 1/1 Pro 4K to YouTube :http://www.pavtube.com/upload-dj ... -4k-to-youtube.html
2017-5-25
Use props
christing
lvl.2

Japan

If you shot 1080p, I think you can directly upload to YouTube. While for those who wanna upload Phantom 4K to YouTube, it would be a bit hard. YouTube doesn't process all resolutions at the same speed. So generally the lower resolutions, 144p, 240p, 480p show up first followed by higher resolutions and then sometimes a day later 2K and 4K resolutions. So make sure you are giving it enough time as well.
2017-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules