DJI GO 4 bug
1764 11 2017-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joe_gadget
lvl.4

Australia

This one for the DJI reps. The latest android version (4.0.1) has a huge bug in it. Once the IMU warms up the status box (on the top left) gives the message "gimbal shake error". This message does not appear in the IOS version of the app or indeed when I rolled back to 4.0.0 from a backup I had.

Incidentally the gimbal works just perfectly.
2017-1-18
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha joe,

Did you reinstall it and test it again?  Sometimes the problem goes away.  My DJI GO 4 (4.0.1) does not have that problem.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-1-18
Use props
joe_gadget
lvl.4

Australia

Cetacean Posted at 2017-1-18 21:35
Aloha joe,

Did you reinstall it and test it again?  Sometimes the problem goes away.  My DJI GO 4 (4.0.1) does not have that problem.

Yes reinstalled but same issue. Could be specific to my device so will try on my kid's phone later. It's a P4 BTW.
2017-1-18
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

joe_gadget Posted at 2017-1-18 21:58
Yes reinstalled but same issue. Could be specific to my device so will try on my kid's phone later. It's a P4 BTW.

Aloha joe,

Oh, yeah, I forgot it works with the P4 to.  Good Luck!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-1-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Joe, may I know what mobile device you're using and the android version?
Aircraft firmware is up to date, right?
Please try to restart the aircraft and check whether it will disappear or not.
Just to confirm, the error message shows up each time when IMU warms up? may I have a screenshot?
2017-1-19
Use props
joe_gadget
lvl.4

Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-19 02:17
Joe, may I know what mobile device you're using and the android version?
Aircraft firmware is up to date, right?
Please try to restart the aircraft and check whether it will disappear or not.

Hi  Natalia

Yes the message appears in the top box which should normally say "Safe to Fly" I can send you a screen shot but the error message is just "Gimbal shake error".

The craft is still on 301. Should I upgrade to 602?

Device is an LG G4, app version 4.0.1 (android). Unfortunately I don't have another android device to test at the moment.

Also I just noticed that when starting up I get some warnings in the "overall status" section. These are:
- Air encoder error (which appears when I turn off the craft)
- Gimbal cannot receive Main Controller data.
- Gimbal and Main Controller disconnected.
They always disappear by the time the IMU has warmed up.  I assume this is normal?

Edit - some extra information. I reinstalled the app twice as well as restarted the craft many timea but the error message is still there. When I reinstalled an older version of DJI Go 4 (4.0.0) from a backup, there is no error message. On IOS (app version 4.0.2) there is no error message also.
2017-1-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

joe_gadget Posted at 2017-1-19 02:50
Hi  Natalia

Yes the message appears in the top box which should normally say "Safe to Fly" I can send you a screen shot but the error message is just "Gimbal shake error".

That seems interesting.
Please try to reset it to factory default or upgrade it through Assistant 2 then check again.
May I know how long you've owned it?
2017-1-19
Use props
joe_gadget
lvl.4

Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-19 03:30
That seems interesting.
Please try to reset it to factory default or upgrade it through Assistant 2 then check again.
May I know how long you've owned it?

Less than 2 months and it's only done a single test flight!

I think I'll upgrade the firmware and see how that goes.

BTW on those other messages I see which go away once the craft has warmed up - is that normal?
2017-1-19
Use props
joe_gadget
lvl.4

Australia

Ok - updated to 602, process went without a hitch via assistant.  I do note that the connection is dependant on the quality of the USB cable. I originally used one that works fine otherwise but kept disconnecting the craft from my PC. Interestingly the downgrade path does not extend back to my original firmware (the most you can d/g to is 410).

Anyway, good news is that the gimbal shake error message no longer appears. 2nd good news is that awful 'urk' sound the gimbal used to make on startup (just at the end of the dance before it moves back to its ready position) is gone!

Thanks for the help!
2017-1-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

joe_gadget Posted at 2017-1-19 14:26
Ok - updated to 602, process went without a hitch via assistant.  I do note that the connection is dependant on the quality of the USB cable. I originally used one that works fine otherwise but kept disconnecting the craft from my PC. Interestingly the downgrade path does not extend back to my original firmware (the most you can d/g to is 410).

Anyway, good news is that the gimbal shake error message no longer appears. 2nd good news is that awful 'urk' sound the gimbal used to make on startup (just at the end of the dance before it moves back to its ready position) is gone!

Thanks for your update, very glad to hear about the improvement, enjoy it and let us know for any further questions, thanks.
2017-1-19
Use props
Odan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182913 ft
United States

Another problem solved....way to go forum  
2017-1-24
Use props
joe_gadget
lvl.4

Australia

Today's test flight went fine although limited to 100m distance (it was a small field). Some video feed glitching on the ground but disappeared once I took off. Perfect feed (at least up to that point!)
2017-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules