Regional setting in ipad, change function in DJI GO 4
2128 6 2017-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jac38
lvl.2
Flight distance : 198110 ft
Thailand

I could not change from auto to custom in Channel Mode, using my ipad air 4. I am from Sweden and of course had it set to that. When not working since I bought the Phantom 4 Pro, I got the tips about change the regional setting to USA. After that I now can use that custom channel fuction, if I want. Maybe this also has made me getting weak signal, if it hasnt changed as it should, in auto mode...

There has to be many other that have this same issue and need to change it.....or make DJI work with all but I guess that is asking to much. ;)

Jacob
2017-1-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Jacob, you changed the regional settings for your iPad, then it works, right?
With all other regions, it will not let you change channel from auto to custom?
Would you mind recording a small video for us? thanks.
2017-1-20
Use props
jac38
lvl.2
Sweden

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-20 03:02
Jacob, you changed the regional settings for your iPad, then it works, right?
With all other regions, it will not let you change channel from auto to custom?
Would you mind recording a small video for us? thanks.

Im sorry, I have not seen this question. Yes, I am from Sweden and when having the iPad set on Sweden in regional setting I can not change this. This is the same on my iphone 6. I tried using ot for the P4P, just to find this out. Well, have you tried to change the setting in your unit to Sweden and find this out yourself. There is nothing that really happens thats visual, as far as I can se, now or before in other funktions, or at least have I not noticed it...
2017-2-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

jac38 Posted at 2017-2-13 04:02
Im sorry, I have not seen this question. Yes, I am from Sweden and when having the iPad set on Sweden in regional setting I can not change this. This is the same on my iphone 6. I tried using ot for the P4P, just to find this out. Well, have you tried to change the setting in your unit to Sweden and find this out yourself. There is nothing that really happens thats visual, as far as I can se, now or before in other funktions, or at least have I not noticed it...
Just to clarify, what is your the APP version?
I'll test and check with our engineer for the case you reported and get back to you when I get an information from them.
2017-2-13
Use props
jac38
lvl.2
Sweden

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-13 22:43
Just to clarify, what is your the APP version?
I'll test and check with our engineer for the case you reported and get back to you when I get an information from them.

Im really sorry, this message never got to me until now. At the same time I used the latest updates there was and the app for the Pro. So whatever verion that was used at that time was what I used. I have always very active looked for the latest updates so there is no risk using whatever vesion used at that time.

I have both iphone and ipad and made the same test before and after changing from Sweden to USA with the same result. Ringt now I have spent almost 2 month in Sweden and not flew anything but will be back home next week. I will test this same thing with my new iphone 7, and see if this still remain with the latest updates in both app and drone...

Please mail me instead of writing here if you want further contact about this.

magiker@hotmail.com

Jacob
2017-3-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

jac38 Posted at 2017-3-26 19:07
Im really sorry, this message never got to me until now. At the same time I used the latest updates there was and the app for the Pro. So whatever verion that was used at that time was what I used. I have always very active looked for the latest updates so there is no risk using whatever vesion used at that time.

I have both iphone and ipad and made the same test before and after changing from Sweden to USA with the same result. Ringt now I have spent almost 2 month in Sweden and not flew anything but will be back home next week. I will test this same thing with my new iphone 7, and see if this still remain with the latest updates in both app and drone...

Sorry about that, not sure why you just got the message until now, maybe a glitch.
Please let us know the test result, thank you.
2017-3-26
Use props
NicVix
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22923 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Natalia,

I can confirm this is the same for the UK, if my IPhone 6 regional settings are set to UK, the custom channel button is greyed out, if I change the regional setting of the iPhone 6 to US then I can activate custom channels

App Version: DJI Go 4 v4.0.6 (2855) I'm flying a DJI Mavic Pro

Thanks

Nic
2017-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules