Aftermarket prop guards
962 11 2017-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
leonardo.sb
lvl.1

Portugal

Hello.

I'm new here and i'm loving this forum and my P3S ! It is an amazing machine.

I've a question tho. Here in Europe (Portugal) we have on all electronics, 2 year warranty by default. If for example, I buy an aftermarket propguards (those kind that have a quick release) and probably will need to unscrew the arms to install it... So this will void the warranty? Any help will be very useful

Thanks in advance to all

2017-1-19
Use props
Gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

No, installing the training wheels uhh... prop guards will not void the warranty.  

The problem that typically will void your warranty is when you REMOVE the prop guards and forget to replace the original screws.  The screws that come with the guard are longer and if you stick those back in without the prop guards on they will go up into the motor windings and cause problems.
2017-1-19
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

Prop guards are not  "Training wheels" they are a safety device that is employed when you need them. Having them fitted is not an indication that you are a new pilot or are unsure of your equipment, they are an indication that you have some consideration for the environment you are flying in and do not wish to tip your props on something and trash your $400 quad. It is childish to even consider someone is a noob because they are flying with or intend to fly with prop guards.
2017-1-19
Use props
leonardo.sb
lvl.1

Portugal

ok thanks for the reply.

so will install those "aftermarkets" one but save with my heart the original screws.

sounds a good idea right?
2017-1-19
Use props
Southtdi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14590 ft
United States

The quick release ones typically come with a small zip lock bag for the screws. Just put the original screws in it and put it in your kit.

I have the quick release ones. They are good for what they do. Be aware that in wind they will cause more drift and instability as they act like a sail. In wind I just don't fly where not having props guards would be an issue.
2017-1-21
Use props
leonardo.sb
lvl.1

Portugal

Southtdi Posted at 2017-1-21 08:51
The quick release ones typically come with a small zip lock bag for the screws. Just put the original screws in it and put it in your kit.

I have the quick release ones. They are good for what they do. Be aware that in wind they will cause more drift and instability as they act like a sail. In wind I just don't fly where not having props guards would be an issue.

Thanks for the reply

The standard (branded) ones kinda act like a sail also? I was thinking about those quick release because I ride a lot with my motorcycle. And that kind of quick release would be nice and practical to me. But will take in consideration the wind factor for sure
2017-1-21
Use props
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2039288 ft
Australia

Don't get those screw ones get these.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-79147-1-1.html
2017-1-21
Use props
leonardo.sb
lvl.1

Portugal

Bay Cruiser Posted at 2017-1-21 13:05
Don't get those screw ones get these.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-79147-1-1.html

i've saw this before but the shipping costs are expensive for me in this particular case..

those that have screws i can find in a store near my house.

but thanks anyway!
2017-1-21
Use props
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Australia

No problem just be very careful with the screw type they can damage the motors if over tightened.
2017-1-21
Use props
leonardo.sb
lvl.1

Portugal

Bay Cruiser Posted at 2017-1-21 14:24
No problem just be very careful with the screw type they can damage the motors if over tightened.

yeah. i've saw some videos and one of those a fella over screwed the arm. my only concern right now that (despite i never unscrew the screws) they look like worn out. the box was sealed and was bought in a big retail store.
2017-1-21
Use props
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Australia

Umm sometimes it might just be worth leaving them in that case and paying the extra in postage. Surprised it cost so much for you as you are in Portugal and he is in Italy !! I am in Australia and it was about $30. However if you know someone with a 3D printer you can make them yourself as he gives the programs on his site. Tip is to get 2 red and 2 white so you can see what way the bird is facing in the sky.
2017-1-21
Use props
leonardo.sb
lvl.1

Portugal

Bay Cruiser Posted at 2017-1-21 14:53
Umm sometimes it might just be worth leaving them in that case and paying the extra in postage. Surprised it cost so much for you as you are in Portugal and he is in Italy !! I am in Australia and it was about $30. However if you know someone with a 3D printer you can make them yourself as he gives the programs on his site. Tip is to get 2 red and 2 white so you can see what way the bird is facing in the sky.

yeah maybe i know a guy that can print that! Thanks again for the hint.
2017-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules