DJI Mavic Livestreaming via Youtube Option: Not working
1934 3 2017-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans90d4f438
lvl.3
Flight distance : 451335 ft
United States

Iphone 6S. Verizon. Powered on Mavic, controller, Iphone. Opened app. Went through the steps that required me to enter my youtube credentials from within the app. From the menu (three dots upper right hand corner of the app) I select youtube as my streaming solution, the following screen has a large green dot at the top with my youtube credentials confirmed underneath the dot, and highlighted with a red bar is "GO Live!". I click that red bar, then get the next screen asking for title and description. I enter both, then click the "go live" red bar at the bottom. At that point, the spinning circle to the left of "go live" just spins as it appears the livestream never loads/begins. Tried rebooting everything..but still get this same result.

How do I successfully livestream to my youtube account?
2017-1-19
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

it worked for me by waiting, but fb live doesnt work unless im on dji go 3. however in my live video tests both youtube and fb with a strong connection my video skips really bad does anyone know why or have this issue? live streaming is pointless with how bad it streams and it couldnt be my connection cause i tried at home too on wifi with the same results
2017-1-22
Use props
fans90d4f438
lvl.3
Flight distance : 451335 ft
United States

Finally got it working. Issue was not on the Mavics end, but my failure to start the livestreaming part on the actual youtube side. On the phone, you have to connect to your youtube account from the desktop (not mobile) version, login, go to your channels section, then start the livestream feature from there.  So its two parts you have to start each time: from the DJI Go 4 app, and the actual youtube page for your account.
2017-2-2
Use props
fans1acb15ee
New
Flight distance : 19639 ft
United States

fans90d4f438 Posted at 2017-2-2 13:59
Finally got it working. Issue was not on the Mavics end, but my failure to start the livestreaming part on the actual youtube side. On the phone, you have to connect to your youtube account from the desktop (not mobile) version, login, go to your channels section, then start the livestream feature from there.  So its two parts you have to start each time: from the DJI Go 4 app, and the actual youtube page for your account.

Hey "fans90d..."  I am having your exact problem.  Can you explain in a little more detail how you solved it?  I go to the desktop version to start a live broadcast but I must not be doing it correct.  Do I "schedule a live broadcast" or "stream now"?  Maybe YouTube's settings page has changed because I can't seem to figure it out
2017-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules