Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3de02fd1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 918563 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Has anybody had delivery of their Osmo - Zenmuse M1
If so how long did it take to deliver and what is it like.
2017-1-19
Use props
dennish
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Guess not....  
2017-1-23
Use props
fans2ead169d
lvl.1

Italy

I bought mine in Europe and still have no news
2017-1-24
Use props
dennish
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

From the multitude of products I ordered directly from DJI - I would not be in the least surprised if my 15 to 20 day business timeframe for shipping comes and goes long before I ever receive the device.  Happened with my Osmo +, happened with my Mavic and now it will with the Zenmuse M1.

I was one of the lucky ones to get my Mavic directly from best buy, before my preorder shipped and prior to  people who ordered months before me.  Just something I have come to accept dealing with DJI.  There is no method to their madness...
2017-1-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Waiting ordered 12/01, be interested to see if dji start to ship in 15/20 but won't hold my breath. Good luck..
2017-1-25
Use props
fansd47a6db3
lvl.4
Canada

I just got an email stating they will not ship until March... Really not impressed as I am leaving for my holidays in the second week of March. I created a new thread asking the DJI employee/forum mod to try and find out if the gimbal will arrive before I leave.
2017-1-25
Use props
fans395eb71a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56371 ft
Australia

fansd47a6db3 Posted at 2017-1-25 09:23
I just got an email stating they will not ship until March... Really not impressed as I am leaving for my holidays in the second week of March. I created a new thread asking the DJI employee/forum mod to try and find out if the gimbal will arrive before I leave.

Ordered 7 Jan. Just delivered today (27 Jan).
Currently upgrading firmware.....  So far, all good.
2017-1-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fans395eb71a Posted at 2017-1-26 16:34

Come back and let us know how it's working, good luck..
2017-1-26
Use props
dennish
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hey fans395eb71a

Congrats - I ordered on the 7th as well - did you get a tracking number prior to delivery?  Opps wait you are in Australia, correct?
2017-1-26
Use props
fans395eb71a
lvl.2
Australia

dennish Posted at 2017-1-26 17:21
Hey fans395eb71a

Congrats - I ordered on the 7th as well - did you get a tracking number prior to delivery?  Opps wait you are in Australia, correct?

Received notification and DHL tracking number on 24 Jan for delivery in Australia
2017-1-26
Use props
dennish
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans395eb71a Posted at 2017-1-26 17:39
Received notification and DHL tracking number on 24 Jan for delivery in Australia

You have any unboxing pictures?  :-)  How'd the firmware update go?
2017-1-26
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

S

Why do you write: "ipgrading firmware" is there soething new?
Tell us morge, please, when you fisished and tested... thank you!
Happy OSMO-ing!!
Max

PS I just noticed there is an update, but that has nothing to do with the Zenmuse M-! I think... (who am I )
2017-1-27
Use props
fansd47a6db3
lvl.4
Canada

I placed my order on Jan 6 and it said shipping 15-20 days after... I am hoping it will ship sooner than March... DJI mods don't even bother replying to my question...
2017-1-27
Use props
fans395eb71a
lvl.2
Australia

dennish Posted at 2017-1-26 19:04

Apologies, I don't get on this forum too often. Too many other things to do :-)

Haven't got any unboxing pictures but the M1 looks just like the pictures on the DJI site. Quality and finish of the unit is superb. It comes with a nice cap cover for the underside contacts that can be transferred to the original head. I have the Osmo+ and was looking at the Osmo mobile as a quick pickup and shoot supplement, and when the M1 was announced, pretty much ordered it straight away as the price point was better and there is the potential to add the Z-axis (mind you, it might look like you're walking around with a pet giraffe.......).

Firmware updated to 1.4.0.60 successfully in one go. Took maybe 20 minutes or so, but pretty straightforward. The longest period seemed to be the download. After that, the install went pretty quick, and then just a matter of restarting and calibrating the gimbal.

It does pay to read the included instructions first. I made the mistake of pulling it out of the box, installing it on the handle without the phone and switching on. Then wondered why the thing wouldn't move and the LH yellow light was on. Doh! I've got a DOA! was the initial impression. So decided to read the instructions which stated that a phone needs to be installed, balanced and application running first before switching on at the handle. I have a Nexus 6P so the length adjustment was on the limit to achieve static horizontal balance. The clamp however, comes in contact with the volume down side of the button, and this can be activated if over tightened. Fortunately, you only need to nip the clamp up to get a good solid grip on the phone so all good.

Active tracking is good. The initial tracking level was set at Low (default) and it would lose the subject during quick movements, but switching to High level and Sport scene mode improves the tracking. Still possible to lose the subject if the subject movement is too rapid, but yet to try it on a tripod.
Haven't worked out how to access slow-mo. The camera video resolution options are 4K, 1080p, 720p and 480p. The only modes seem to be Auto (Normal), Timelapse and M-timelapse.

So far, very happy with the purchase. I have the DJI-Go app running in the background on the phone, so getting it up and running with the M1 takes about 10-15seconds. The bluetooth connection seems almost instant and so far, the battery appears to be lasting so much longer (have the 980mA battery in it at the moment as opposed to the higher capacity one that came with the Osmo+). Still use the Osmo+ camera for various things where I have the time to set it all up with the Ronin mic, WiFi connect, etc, where it all takes a fair amount of time, but can get the shoots I want with features that the mobile version doesn't have. By default, my Osmo+ is now setup with the M1 head however, as it is quick to grab'n'go for those instant recordings/shoots.
Cheers.
2017-1-28
Use props
fans395eb71a
lvl.2
Australia

dennish Posted at 2017-1-26 19:04

Couple of pictures

Dsc01474a.jpg Dsc01475a.jpg Dsc01476a.jpg Dsc01470a.jpg
2017-1-28
Use props
dennish
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Congrats and thanks - good info in your original post - it is much appreciated.  It appears as though you are one of the few lucky ones :-)
2017-1-28
Use props
fans395eb71a
lvl.2
Australia

CanonMax Posted at 2017-1-27 01:44
Why do you write: "ipgrading firmware" is there soething new?
Tell us morge, please, when you fisished and tested... thank you!
Happy OSMO-ing!!

From the latest release notes:

Osmo Mobile Release Notes

Date: 2017.01.19
Firmware: v1.4.0.60
DJI GO App iOS: v3.1.2
DJI GO App Android: v3.1.2

What's New?
- Added supported for the Zenmuse M1 gimbal used with the Osmo handle.
-Fixed an issue where the Bluetooth signal disappears after connection timeout.
- Fixed an occasional issue where the system status LED goes red after successful update.

Notes:
- Mount the Zenmuse M1 gimbal to an Osmo handle before updating firmware. Firmware update is required before use.
- If the firmware upgrade fails, restart Osmo Mobile and DJI GO, and retry.
- The Osmo handle still can be used with the Zenmuse X3/X5/X5R/Z3 cameras after updating to this firmware version.
2017-1-29
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

fans395eb71a Posted at 2017-1-29 00:57
From the latest release notes:

Osmo Mobile Release Notes

thank you so much!! I did check for a firmware-update... but missed this!
ciao!

I checked again... I updated my OSMO+ and that states something different...

As far as I know I understoond that the M-1 was NOT intended for the OSMO Mobile....
You wrote details about the OSMO Mobile...

Am I mistaken or right?>

Second edit: I copied from the DJI website the following:

The Zenmuse M1 gimbal is compatible with all Osmo, Osmo+, Osmo Pro and Osmo RAW grips*. After being installed on a grip, the Zenmuse M1 is able to hold a wide variety of smartphone, allowing you to shoot clear pictures and smooth, stable footage.
The Zenmuse M1 also enables all of the intelligent features of the Osmo Mobile including ActiveTrack, Motion Timelapse, Panorama, Beautify, and Live Streaming, allowing you to capture your memories more easily and cinematically than ever before.
*Not compatible with fully integrated Osmo Mobile grip.

now I am really confused why the latest firmware update for the OSMIO+_ does NOT mentions the M-1 at all... but that the firmware update for the OSMO Mobile (the one that is NOT compatible with the Zenmuse M-1 !!!) does indeed mention it.

Now I need to ask you WHERE DIT YOU MOUNT the Zenmuse M-1 ??

kindest regards,

Max

2017-1-29
Use props
fans395eb71a
lvl.2
Australia

CanonMax Posted at 2017-1-29 04:27
thank you so much!! I did check for a firmware-update... but missed this!
ciao!

Please check the end of the updated Osmo Mobile User Manual for further information on the M1.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ser+Manual+V1.2.pdf
2017-1-29
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

fans395eb71a Posted at 2017-1-29 11:52
Please check the end of the updated Osmo Mobile User Manual for further information on the M1.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/osmo+mobile/20170119/Osmo+Mobile+User+Manual+V1.2.pdf

useful info... thank you... I will get one to use with my OSMO+ as soon as they're available!
Thank you!
Take care!
2017-1-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fans395eb71a Posted at 2017-1-29 11:52
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/osmo+mobile/20170119/Osmo+Mobile+User+Manual+V1.2.pdf

Good job thanks for that. Good luck with your Z1..
2017-1-30
Use props
fans395eb71a
lvl.2
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-1-30 10:48
Good job thanks for that. Good luck with your Z1..

Just a quick update.
Received Z-Axis and cable extension accessories.
Cable extension works fine.
Z-Axis needs a bit of help due to the additional mass. Nexus 6P is reasonably heavy and adjustment range is too low to support M1 and phone.
However, a non-calibrated rubber band supplement seems to do the trick and then allows fine adjustment via the knob.
Very smooth.

2017-2-8
Use props
fans395eb71a
lvl.2
Australia

fans395eb71a Posted at 2017-2-8 16:41
Just a quick update.

20170209_110251a.jpg
2017-2-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fans395eb71a Posted at 2017-2-8 16:41
Just a quick update.

Very cool, I'm hoping to get mine Friday, going on a skiing trip to Sweden on Saturday so really hoping it arrives, looks good on z axis.
Good luck..
2017-2-8
Use props
DragonV2V
lvl.2
Hong Kong

But is it any problem on livestream, when Zenmuse M-1 connected by wifi on android phone. No network connection for livestream.
2017-2-8
Use props
DragonV2V
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Any problem on livestream with andoriod phone with M1, no network connection, when phone connected gamble with wifi
2017-2-8
Use props
fans395eb71a
lvl.2
Australia

DragonV2V Posted at 2017-2-8 17:28
But is it any problem on livestream, when Zenmuse M-1 connected by wifi on android phone. No network connection for livestream.

M1 is connected to phone via Bluetooth, not WiFi. Wifi/4G still operational for internet.
2017-2-8
Use props
DragonV2V
lvl.2
Hong Kong

I suppose osmo+ should have connect option swith to bluetooth when need livesteam for andriod phone
2017-2-8
Use props
DragonV2V
lvl.2
Hong Kong

I have osmo mobile and osmo+ , active tracking and livesteam is good on mobile but not on osmo+
2017-2-8
Use props
fans7c017d3e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13517 ft
Netherlands

I just received it...it is great gadget but i'am disappointed by the fact that original material can only be access through out Djigo app.
2017-2-12
Use props
fans7c017d3e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13517 ft
Netherlands

I just received it...it is great gadget but i'am disappointed by the fact that original material can only be access through out Dji go app for IOS phones.
I have as well the Osmo+ and i never had that issue. Now with Osmo mobile i can only edit my material with that crap Dji go editing programma .I really hope they will come with an upgrade giving you the freedom to upload the material where you want to
2017-2-12
Use props
alphacrust
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33566 ft
United Kingdom

My M1 is due to arrive some time tomorrow.  Was saying 15-20 days on the website so I was somewhat shocked to get a confirmation saying a package was arriving a couple of days after ordering.

Can anybody confirm the situation with the M1 and bluetooth.  I'm presuming it connects via the app in the exactly the same way  the Mobile version does.  Is the bluetooth in the M1 unit itself, or has bluetooth been in the Osmo handle all along ?
2017-2-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

fans7c017d3e Posted at 2017-2-12 03:46
I just received it...it is great gadget but i'am disappointed by the fact that original material can only be access through out Dji go app for IOS phones.
I have as well the Osmo+ and i never had that issue. Now with Osmo mobile i can only edit my material with that crap Dji go editing programma .I really hope they will come with an upgrade giving you the freedom to upload the material where you want to

You can just use movie pro and shoot in that app and also edit in that app, or just use your camera phone app..
2017-2-15
Use props
dennish
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-2-15 15:24
You can just use movie pro and shoot in that app and also edit in that app, or just use your camera phone app..

I use movie pro as well and free, or filmic pro another excellent app though costs $
2017-2-15
Use props
alphacrust
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33566 ft
United Kingdom

Hi mate,

I've having the same problem you were having with the M1/Z-Axis.  My iPhone 6s Plus is a little too much to expect the Z-Axis to balance.  Am I right in presuming the blue elastic band is just the one that stretches the full length ?

Cheers,

Paul.
2017-2-24
Use props
fans395eb71a
lvl.2
Australia

alphacrust Posted at 2017-2-24 12:20
Hi mate,

I've having the same problem you were having with the M1/Z-Axis.  My iPhone 6s Plus is a little too much to expect the Z-Axis to balance.  Am I right in presuming the blue elastic band is just the one that stretches the full length ?

Yes. The blue elastic band is about 45mm diameter and the front screw was loosened off slightly so the band could hook over it and hold.
At a later time, may look at screw extensions and adding an extra expansion spring parallel to the existing spring so that the Z-Axis can be used easily with either the M1 or Osmo+.
Elastic band work fine for the moment though.
2017-2-26
Use props
fanse0f84b9e
lvl.1

Germany

I record video on normal recording mode, the app quits itself... and did not save any video...
2017-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules