Mavic indoor fly mistake
1858 16 2017-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
F.C Drone City
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1909 ft
United States

Can I still fly the Mavic if the propellers a small knick on the edge ?
2017-1-19
Use props
Frits48
lvl.4
Flight distance : 155961 ft
Canada

It might, but I definitely would not.
2017-1-19
Use props
HWKIDD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22877 ft
United States

SURE,,, but why would you want to risk more damage, when you know its a issue,    its kind of like driving a care with a flat tire,,,    unsafe,,  
2017-1-19
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

You could  but your prop can break in piece in mid air.  I know, it sad but it better to spend 15 bucks than seeing your drone hitting the ground for a broken prop.
2017-1-19
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

All depends on how bad the nick is. Some people are pickier about damage than others. People have all kinds of different ideas on what you classify as "small". If your idea of a small nick is the same as mine, I'd say to go head and fly. Keep an eye on it - Inspect it every time you land and before you take off to make sure its not getting worse or cracking. I've watched youtube videos where people have intentionally snipped half a prop off for experimentation and it still flies fine. The biggest concern is the unbalance issue. If you love your Mavic, know you could be adding stress to your machine with an out of balance prop.
2017-1-19
Use props
Blucenturion
lvl.2
Flight distance : 362995 ft
United States

Props are the most critical component of a drone, and to fly without perfect props is to risk the entire investment and constitutes a safety hazard.
2017-1-19
Use props
F.C Drone City
lvl.2
United States

TrevorSK Posted at 2017-1-19 18:44
All depends on how bad the nick is. Some people are pickier about damage than others. People have all kinds of different ideas on what you classify as "small". If your idea of a small nick is the same as mine, I'd say to go head and fly. Keep an eye on it - Inspect it every time you land and before you take off to make sure its not getting worse or cracking. I've watched youtube videos where people have intentionally snipped half a prop off for experimentation and it still flies fine. The biggest concern is the unbalance issue. If you love your Mavic, know you could be adding stress to your machine with an out of balance prop.

Well said , I wait for my order to ship . Thx
2017-1-20
Use props
F.C Drone City
lvl.2
United States

HWKIDD Posted at 2017-1-19 16:21
SURE,,, but why would you want to risk more damage, when you know its a issue,    its kind of like driving a care with a flat tire,,,    unsafe,,

Not flying it .... I ordered 2 pairs from DJI website . Can't wait .. thx
2017-1-20
Use props
F.C Drone City
lvl.2
United States

Frits48 Posted at 2017-1-19 15:57
It might, but I definitely would not.

I am not
2017-1-20
Use props
F.C Drone City
lvl.2
United States

Blucenturion Posted at 2017-1-19 18:57
Props are the most critical component of a drone, and to fly without perfect props is to risk the entire investment and constitutes a safety hazard.

Agree ... I will wait for my new pairs thx
2017-1-20
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

F.C Drone City  Posted at 2017-1-20 03:05
Not flying it  .... I ordered 2 pairs from DJI website . Can't wait .. thx

Didn't your Mavic come with a couple of spares? Or have you already gone through them? :-) hehe
2017-1-20
Use props
HWKIDD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22877 ft
United States

F.C Drone City  Posted at 2017-1-20 03:05
Not flying it  .... I ordered 2 pairs from DJI website . Can't wait .. thx

if you have any vendors around you,  like  Apple store,  or  maybe  Best buy,  some of them have props in stock,  they are also on amazon, with shipping today,,,    hope you get back in the air soon,   Did not mean to sound like a jerk,  but  hate to see someone risk 1000.00 item for a 10 dollar part,     but there was a video where a guy put this gem thru a series of destruction  and it survived,  he cut off a prop,  4 or 5 times and it still flew,  not sure what kind of damage that would do to a motor, with unbalance, but  was impressive,,,  anyway,,  hope the best, getting back in the sky

you can also get props from this place on ebay with free shipping,  and they have battries at 89.00 with free shipping,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Mavi ... 58337624:g
2017-1-20
Use props
F.C Drone City
lvl.2
United States

Jason Lane Posted at 2017-1-20 03:08
Didn't your Mavic come with a couple of spares? Or have you already gone through them? :-) hehe

The  damaged  propellers  are the ones with white rings .. tomorrow is suppose to be in the 60's .. I guess I'll wait
2017-1-20
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20296870 ft
  • >>>
United States

Agree with HWKID.  Props are "cheep" compared to the $1k investment that it supports.  
2017-1-20
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I am glad you decided to wait.  

Always think of your drone as an airplane and you are the pilot. Would fly your plane with any damages to the wings???

Protect animal population. Spay or Neutered your Pet!
2017-1-20
Use props
mike v illinois
lvl.4
Flight distance : 95689 ft
United States

look under foam in shipping box extra props are there
2017-1-20
Use props
F.C Drone City
lvl.2
United States

mike v illinois Posted at 2017-1-20 17:32
look under foam in shipping box extra props are there

The two bad ones are the ones with the white ring , so the extras propellers 1 black , 1 white ..
I ordered two pairs they r in the way 2 more days .
2017-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules