123Next >
189353 88 2017-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
userab6bfdb748
New
Israel

pmpstyles Posted at 2017-8-21 21:54
Same thing happened to me.  So hard to find answers on this stuff.  I have not found a solution.  
during a firmware update on the controller, it stopped beeping, so i thought it was done.  I had read to power down after an update, so I did and it will not work now.  I can push the power button and it comes right on without doing the push then push hold power button.  there is 4 white lights and the status light is green with a hint of red.  i can connect to the app and it recognizes that it is there, but it says i need to do an update but fails when it tries to install.  It does not allow me to connect to the drone.  it does not beep when pushing all the link buttons.  i wish there was some sort of reset feature for the app or a way to downgrade in the app.  it really sucks that this stuff is so fickle.

i have almost the same problem ..
the controller is blinking red and green.
i can take off the drone and controll it, but i dont see any video/picture transmitting.
tryied reseting the controller and reconnecting it again with the drone but it still blinking red/green..
when i connect the remote controll to the DJI assistant it writing "Cannot load firmware"
please tell me what to do befor i'm taking it to lab, is there anything i can fix at home
2017-12-4
Use props
Trampintransit
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256385 ft
United Kingdom

same here ....none of the above combinations of button pressing helps ....controller was fine till I updated the aircraft ...now it's borked!  pointless.
2017-12-4
Use props
kristofer86
New
Flight distance : 1797339 ft
Sweden

I have the exact problem here. I can fly the Phantom.4PRO but no live-view.. The firmware version of the controllers is Unknown?!
2017-12-4
Use props
user4ca90d3eef
New
United States

kristofer86 Posted at 2017-12-4 13:21
I have the exact problem here. I can fly the Phantom.4PRO but no live-view.. The firmware version of the controllers is Unknown?!

What up buddy, I might have a solution for you and many of the folks here with this same issue.

I updated my Phantom 4 about a week ago, everything was smooth sail it even mentioned Updated 100% successful etc.. I received extremely bad image transmission to none. After a week of research and no conclusion or manual updates that could be done, here is what got me to get my controller 100% back in operation.
PROBLEM:
I was using IOS Dji Go 4 App to try to reset firmware (no luck)
I tried Dji assitant v2 on my PC. (windows 10 & that was a horrible experience)
Lastly after receiving an Email from the Engineers at DJi there support was not great at all.

SOLUTION:
I finally decided to use an Android device I have & download the DJI GO 4 APP. Upon connecting just the controller ( while on ) & pressing the 3 dashes on the top right hand corner of the APP. I was finally able to see the options to. Downgrade the RC ( remote Control) firmware. After the downgrade to the lowest Firmware possible I then ( restarted the RC as told in the APP ). Rebooted while connected to the controller. I then ENTERED DEVICE and there it was under ( OVERALL STATUS ) that my controller was needed to be updated to the latest FIRMWARE. That right there concluded the problems I had. I then connected my IOS device which I normally use for flight and everything worked.

I hope this helps most of you. Wish I had a video while everything was happening but now its simply going to be written.
2017-12-7
Use props
Bob2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 104882 ft
Germany

SOLVED for me too!

I tried and tried to update the Remote Controller Firmware to match the Aircraft Firmware: v02.00.0106 through the DJI GO 4 App but I had to use the DJI GO App. Then it updated to Remote Control Firmware 1.9.3!

2017-12-8
Use props
fansd1793b62
New

United States

I went to fly my drone today, it wanted to do a firmware update so I said OK, But the app kept crashing it did it a few times then I made the mistake of shutting off the controller. Now when I turn on the controller the phone doesn’t recognize the controller or the controller doesn’t recognize the phone, it’s an iPhone w/DJI Go on a Phantom 3 Advanced. Now I’ve tried all of these things on this forum post and nothing changes no beeps, No Light changes, nothing
2017-12-8
Use props
ptesone
New

United States

fansd1793b62 Posted at 2017-12-8 18:10
I went to fly my drone today, it wanted to do a firmware update so I said OK, But the app kept crashing it did it a few times then I made the mistake of shutting off the controller. Now when I turn on the controller the phone doesn’t recognize the controller or the controller doesn’t recognize the phone, it’s an iPhone w/DJI Go on a Phantom 3 Advanced. Now I’ve tried all of these things on this forum post and nothing changes no beeps, No Light changes, nothing

I fixed it! I fixed it! Hey Mikee!

Ok, after watching 50 or so useless videos, I stumbled across one that did the trick:
Since my Controller wasn't giving me the actual CAMERA ICON I thought all was lost. . .
BUT...
If you turn on your controller, goto the DJI App and goto the top right three lines and hold your finger there for 10 SECONDS you will get a firmware flash menu and you will be able to downgrade as well- and that was IT...
That is all. . .
Thanx for playing...
good night
2017-12-9
Use props
ptesone
New

United States

ptesone Posted at 2017-12-9 20:26
I fixed it! I fixed it! Hey Mikee!

Ok, after watching 50 or so useless videos, I stumbled across one that did the trick:

I got so excited about fixing this, I made a video:
2017-12-10
Use props
josediazfoto
New
Flight distance : 1273 ft
Guatemala

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-22 02:56
Tom, may I know have you made it?
If still nothing happens when you try the methods mentioned, it needs to be evaluated by our engineers.
You can get it checked in local repair centers which maybe more convenient: http://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers

I have the same problem as You

So, I yesterday upgrade my Phantom 4 RC , but there was no succes, because at some point it stoped and said "Update failed, please retry" (something like this, I don't remember correct phrase). There was a button "Retry", pushed it and upgrade started again from the 0%, but again failed, and it was few times like this - no succes, so I gave up and turned off RC. After I turned on again RC I needed to push power button only once instead of two times like usual and all lights on the RC was solid white. No reset is working, no beeping when pushing those combinations for reseting and linking, nothing, only death. RC beeps only when I turn it off.
When I plug my RC to android device it App redirects me to older App. And as you can see text: "Current DJI Device: inspire 1"
When I open older app, only with inspire 1 I "can enter camera" function, others drones doesnt give me this option, only "how to connect"
So, My RC doesn't connect to anything, it just plays dead and don't want to talk with anything at all.
When I connect my drone via assistant 2 I get only one update, which is  "CURRENT", no other updates visible. Tried Restore factory defaults, nothing changed, still the same update.

Main problem is, now RC and Drone firmwares I think are different and they can't Link together and I can't upgrade anyone of them to the same upgrade. I can't even open the right DJI GO App, because it auomatically redirects me to the other. Drone when turned on flashing yellow light (no linked RC of course). Tried to link RC via DJI app, no emotions from RC.

Have you found a solution?  Please Help.
2017-12-13
Use props
josediazfoto
New
Flight distance : 1273 ft
Guatemala

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-8-19 18:19
Please help me confirm your aircraft model firstly, and make sure you upgraded both AC and RC successfully.
What mobile device you use to connect the remote?
The LED on RC is solid green, right?

i have Phantom 4

I have the same problem as You

So, I yesterday upgrade my Phantom 4 RC , but there was no succes, because at some point it stoped and said "Update failed, please retry" (something like this, I don't remember correct phrase). There was a button "Retry", pushed it and upgrade started again from the 0%, but again failed, and it was few times like this - no succes, so I gave up and turned off RC. After I turned on again RC I needed to push power button only once instead of two times like usual and all lights on the RC was solid white. No reset is working, no beeping when pushing those combinations for reseting and linking, nothing, only death. RC beeps only when I turn it off.
When I plug my RC to android device it App redirects me to older App. And as you can see text: "Current DJI Device: inspire 1"
When I open older app, only with inspire 1 I "can enter camera" function, others drones doesnt give me this option, only "how to connect"
So, My RC doesn't connect to anything, it just plays dead and don't want to talk with anything at all.
When I connect my drone via assistant 2 I get only one update, which is  "CURRENT", no other updates visible. Tried Restore factory defaults, nothing changed, still the same update.

Main problem is, now RC and Drone firmwares I think are different and they can't Link together and I can't upgrade anyone of them to the same upgrade. I can't even open the right DJI GO App, because it auomatically redirects me to the other. Drone when turned on flashing yellow light (no linked RC of course). Tried to link RC via DJI app, no emotions from RC.

Have you found a solution?  Please Help.
2017-12-13
Use props
fansf1b7e6a8
New
Flight distance : 149944 ft
Mexico

My phantom 4 advanced + only has a little fail (all the rest works well):
I can´t control inclination of the camera. It might  be a gimbal's fail?
During 4 hours of flight everything works fine. I am suspicious if latest firmware updating could cause this problem.

What do you recomend to me?
2018-1-11
Use props
djiuser_2i9aay080WUU
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1866798 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Not a thing worked   no more Dji  for me
2018-2-21
Use props
LSK41
lvl.1
Flight distance : 311230 ft
Turkey

TUFKUKI Posted at 2017-5-6 08:17
thanks btw, i manage to change the controller from the dealer and did the linking for new RC to my drone.

so there was a hardware issue with the controller and dealer replaced with a new one ?
2018-3-11
Use props
LSK41
lvl.1
Flight distance : 311230 ft
Turkey

have you found a solution ? my mavic pro controller is isrresponsive.  i even cannot connect it to PC.
2018-3-11
Use props
CaPTaN
New

Turkey

Mavic pro kumanda şarz olmuyor surekli% 1 daha fazla şarz olmuyor lutfen yardim edin .. kontrol edilmeyen
şarjör conroller problemi% 1 plase hep
2018-4-20
Use props
djiuser_xkzzJV8pj3zk
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-5-5 23:40
Try to reset the RC:

* Turn on the controller, the aircraft should be off.

Aardvark,,, thank you so much for your reset help. I had flickering red/green light on rc and only the.... How to connect.. Page on app. I have been struggling for weeks trying everything everyone suggested but nothing worked. I saw your post and within 5 mins everything is working and updated..these forums need helpful patient people like you.. Cheers again. Danny
2018-4-27
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_xkzzJV8pj3zk Posted at 2018-4-27 01:34
Aardvark,,, thank you so much for your reset help. I had flickering red/green light on rc and only the.... How to connect.. Page on app. I have been struggling for weeks trying everything everyone suggested but nothing worked. I saw your post and within 5 mins everything is working and updated..these forums need helpful patient people like you.. Cheers again. Danny

Thank you :-)

p.s. the RC LED alternating red/green is usually an indication that the RC firmware needs updating to allow it to communicate properly with the aircraft. For one update at least this was part of the aircraft update, but not too obvious. It is mentioned in the release notes here, that's a good page to bookmark for the P4.
2018-4-27
Use props
joatnm
lvl.1

United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-5-5 23:40
Try to reset the RC:

* Turn on the controller, the aircraft should be off.

I tried this but it did not take. My controller just flashes and beeps and doesn't reset or refresh the firmware. What's next? Other alternatives???
2018-5-11
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>

joatnm Posted at 2018-5-11 21:07
I tried this but it did not take. My controller just flashes and beeps and doesn't reset or refresh the firmware. What's next? Other alternatives???

If your controller is beeping then that could also be an indication that it is needing a calibration (simple two minute job). Try an RC calibration first, that may then allow you to progress with the update (if needed).

The process is very similar to the calibration of the Mavic controller, note that the aircraft needs to be off:-

2018-5-12
Use props
joatnm
lvl.1

United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-5-12 01:13
If your controller is beeping then that could also be an indication that it is needing a calibration (simple two minute job). Try an RC calibration first, that may then allow you to progress with the update (if needed).

The process is very similar to the calibration of the Mavic controller, note that the aircraft needs to be off:-

Thanls, I have tried the calibration several times but the controller continues to beep and indicate low battery perpetually even though I have had it on the charger for over 18+ hours. Thanks again.
2018-5-13
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>

joatnm Posted at 2018-5-13 19:58
Thanls, I have tried the calibration several times but the controller continues to beep and indicate low battery perpetually even though I have had it on the charger for over 18+ hours. Thanks again.

If switched on and not communicating with aircraft it will start beeping after five minutes as a reminder it's on.

I'm not sure if this works as a reset, but with power off, try holding C1 + Shutter buttons, while holding these operated push power button, all LEDs should light up. Then power down as normal.

As I say this may or may not make any difference but I've seen it referred to in the past as a reset.

If all else fails it may be worth raising a case with DJI if in warranty.
2018-5-14
Use props
DidierP0957
New
France

djiuser_7SJCSSv Posted at 2017-9-18 07:23
**** The author has been banned or deleted automatically shield ****

Bonjour,
Je possède un Phantom3 Pro et télécommande GL300B.
J'ai eu les même soucis que vous.
Quelqu'un parmi vous à une doc sur les combinaison de bouton et molette pour la RC ?
Chez moi l'apairrement est ok. Le drone peut voler.
Mais j'ai toujours la led verte qui clignote sur la RC ?
Et je n'ai donc pas de liaison USB vers DJI Go
J'ai fait une mauvaise manipulation combinaison, depuis la led clignote. Mais le drone peut voler avec la RC (sans retour vidéo)
Merci pour vos réponses
2018-5-29
Use props
leanfranco
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13868 ft
United Arab Emirates

I have a problem in my mavic pro remote control i can't connect it to my mobile dji go app and also to pc ...but i can connect to the drone and fly the drone but my problem is the remote can't detect either in pc or mobile so does this remote control have any hard reset button?
2018-6-6
Use props
djiuser_1jL0PcjALE47
New

Australia

I bought a phantom 4 pro+off my friend, however when I try to sign in with my email and password it's show check your connection???? What that supposed to mean,any way that I reset the drone and connect with my wifi.please help.
2018-6-12
Use props
Reed Noel
lvl.1

Vietnam

I have same error with phantom 2, please help me.
When I connect with laptop via usb cable, i hearing a sound, that mean RC connect with laptop, but led power on rc not light.
Please show me, how to resset rc to default or reload fw to RC
rgs
Reed
2018-7-11
Use props
fans3506478c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1663599 ft
Argentina

My controller loads normally but when I want to turn it on it makes the pip noise but it immediately turns off. Can I perform the same reset procedure ?? Mavic pro Platinum 8 days of use
2018-8-7
Use props
djiuser_MZWFYPyz2DzL
New

Bulgaria

Meyertron Posted at 2017-9-11 19:54
Hey Tom this is the solution, thanks to the support they have asked me to do this:
- Press and hold the C1 button and the shutter, then press the ignition button
- Repeat this step a second time - When the status LED on the remote control will blink white, install your device (smartphone or compatible tablet) on the remote control, and then update the firmware of the radio control again

Hi, this solution solved my problem with battery charging. Thanks a lot.
2019-1-24
Use props
djiuser_fVezRMgBxJSB
New

Canada

djiuser_aMVAIAi Posted at 2017-8-24 02:54
Bonjour à tous,
Je suis Ulrich et je possède un drone Phantom 3 advanced et jusque-là tous fonctionnaient correctement.
J’ai fait la mise à jour de l’appareille et la radio commande ver la version « P3S_FW_V01.10.0090 » et ensuite plus rien ne marche.

meme chose pour moi ! lencien proprio avait un apple et quand jai voulu passer sur android ... aucune conexion wifi ... jai fait les mises a jour et boom JAI EU LES MEME SYMPTOMES !!  Jai passer 20 heure a faire toute les manipulation possible sur s6, s8 , a5, note5 , rien ne fonctione. je suis rendu a l'étape de me trouver un appareil apple.  Je vais tenter de voir ce que blue stack me dit de bon.  

le remote ne veut rien savoir de lire la carte sd pour le update  du firmware  mais le p3 me donne le code de succes ,  je fais les manipulations pour reseter le remote, je fais apparaitre la lumiere bleu,  jai utiliser le file dorigine samsung en passant par celui fourni avec le p3.  je ne sais pas quoi faire. quel etape dans quel ordre,  update firmware, reset controller,reset wifi, appareiller .... rien aucune conexion wifi meme si je mets sur mode avion et que je vais changer loption de branchement  dans les parametre de developpement de mon telephones  

HEEEEEELP  

ps wtf why dji support chat live is close !? why dji dont fix all this !? a lot of people have the same problemes

solution ?
2019-1-29
Use props
Bashed
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25272 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all. I've been reading this post all afternoon to try and fix my controller issue.

I haven't flown my P4 for a year or so and I decided that today was the day. As soon as I fired it up the update controller firmware message appeared. I downloaded it, installed it and from that moment on my iPad refused to acknowledge my controllers existence. I had control of the aircraft but the DJI go 4 app did nothing. I tried all the update advice in this thread, none of which had any effect.

I wondered if the problem was the iPad. My phone is a Pixel, which is an Android phone, I thought I'd give it a try. I installed the go app on my phone and the good news is, it worked right away. I calibrated and flew a short distance, checked camera was working and all's well.

So, to cut a long story short, if you're using an iPad with a P4 and the update breaks the controller, try an Android device, if you don't have one, borrow one.

Seriously, I hope this tip helps someone get back in the air.

Good luck & happy flying.

Neil
2019-3-29
Use props
Jaredius
New
Flight distance : 14675 ft
United States

Stevenw2032 Posted at 2017-1-21 18:31
C1 + C2 + Camera setting wheel press + Shutter button above settings wheel all at the same time and it will power on. You do not need to press the power button for this.   It took me a few tries to get it to power on. After powering on retry the update on dji go app

no such button press on my camera setting wheel, lightly or otherwise. not sure what rc you have. I bought my spark fly more almost a year ago. The wheel can be moved right or left, no press like a mouse wheel press on my remote
2019-3-31
Use props
Jaredius
New
Flight distance : 14675 ft
United States

Meyertron Posted at 2017-9-11 19:54
Hey Tom this is the solution, thanks to the support they have asked me to do this:
- Press and hold the C1 button and the shutter, then press the ignition button
- Repeat this step a second time - When the status LED on the remote control will blink white, install your device (smartphone or compatible tablet) on the remote control, and then update the firmware of the radio control again

what is an "ignition" button?
2019-3-31
Use props
fans72209ebd
New

fanscbd0fffb Posted at 2017-6-5 08:57
Hi, my mavic controller wont reset to factory settings just says reset failed in the dji assistant 2 program on windows pc. Tried to reset in the ways mentioned above and no joy. Does anyone have any fixes for this, a demo video of someone succesfully doing it and explaining the process would be very helpful! Any thoughts would be great.

Hi guys
Having issues with magic not connecting to controller and also the app not seeing it either . I tried relinking controller to drone to no success
What do I do ?
I have not flown in months
Magic pro original
2019-9-8
Use props
djiuser_vpJ6TckeL0pU
New

PeterHavenga Posted at 2017-8-12 05:33
After failed update my controller does not work anymore . Turning it on I see 4 white and a blue light. Trying to update  with my samsung S7  no succes . Can I reset my controller. My aircraft is not working either . Only 2 yellow lights flashing and no contact. What to do.

I am having the same issue as you describe did you have any luck fixing this? Any info would be much appreciated
Thanks jon
2019-9-26
Use props
djiuser_vpJ6TckeL0pU
New

PeterHavenga Posted at 2017-8-12 05:33
After failed update my controller does not work anymore . Turning it on I see 4 white and a blue light. Trying to update  with my samsung S7  no succes . Can I reset my controller. My aircraft is not working either . Only 2 yellow lights flashing and no contact. What to do.

I am having the same issue as you describe did you have any luck fixing this? Any info would be much appreciated
Thanks jon
2019-9-26
Use props
claudioNC
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

TUFKUKI Posted at 2017-5-5 20:55
sry i meant how can i press camera setting wheel. isn't that just a wheel?
"how Carmela"
"sry"

I cry!!!
Are you dominated by the invincible power of your smartphone?
We are in 2020 and nothing is changed, everywere mindless and crazy distractions.
2020-2-16
Use props
Ej Aps
New

Philippines

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-20 01:09
What mobile device you're using to upgrade it?
Please turn off remote, press C1+C2+ Record+ Camera settings dial at the same time, then turn on remote, you will see the light blue led, then run the APP and try to upgrade it again.

Does this apply to mavic 2 pro controller? Where is the camera settings dial?
2020-3-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Ej Aps Posted at 3-4 19:22
Does this apply to mavic 2 pro controller? Where is the camera settings dial?

Hi. Thank you for the additional inquiry. For the DJI Mavic 2 Pro Remote Controller. Please use the DJI Assistant 2 to refresh the firmware of the said remote controller. May I know are you experiencing any connectivity issue with your remote controller? Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-3-5
Use props
djiuser_u4RRPV9FbMN5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 212178 ft
Puerto Rico

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-20 01:09
What mobile device you're using to upgrade it?
Please turn off remote, press C1+C2+ Record+ Camera settings dial at the same time, then turn on remote, you will see the light blue led, then run the APP and try to upgrade it again.

I had the same issue and finally the problem was solved. The key was press those buttons with the controller turned off. Thanks so much
2020-4-26
Use props
fans9fa9d48c
lvl.1

United States

I could get the controller to connect but can't get the phone to connect so I can see the camera view. What am I missing?
2020-5-29
Use props
mdeti
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2088153 ft
Switzerland

In my case a Firmware refresh helped. Connect remote controller with Micro USB cable to your computer and refresh firmware using DJI Assistent 2 for mavic
2021-1-16
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules