The Tallest Sculpted Tower in 4K - DJI MAVIC PRO
926 15 2017-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
3zooz Q8i
lvl.2
United States

Hello! Here is a new video that I uploaded today. I filmed Al-Hamra Tower in Kuwait which interestingly the tallest sculpted building in the world but definitely the tallest in Kuwait. I hope that you like the video!

Let me know what you think! Any comments or suggestions are welcome; especially on matching the video with the sound as it's something that I didn't really care about before.
2017-1-19
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

Nice Im sure it was tempting to do a 360 flight around it .  Good vide but a bit risky flying so close to the cranes
2017-1-19
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Wow! Nicely done with tastefully timed edits. Dug the music, too -- who is that? Also, what's the purpose of that crane-like structure at the top, if you know? Thx.
2017-1-19
Use props
hypnotist
lvl.2
Flight distance : 559229 ft
United States

To my ears, you're slightly to early on some of the transitions. Listen to the drum beats. Those are what you want to sync to as they are the backbone of the music and will feel more natural when you sync your cuts with them, at least to western ears.

Also, the music is mostly in 4/4 time and you switch on 2 or 4 it seems. Again, this is probably more natural for you, but would be the opposite for western music and transitions happen on 1 and 3.

You may also wish to add the element of speed in your video too. Speeding up or slowing down the video itself is another way to keep engagement high. It adds something interesting since your subject is not moving.

Varying the angles more between shots can help too. There are various cuts you make that are similar heights, but just slightly different angles. You also have some top down ones and those look great. Spread them out more between the other ones and it will seem more interesting.

Thoughts from an editor friend who is sitting next to me.
2017-1-19
Use props
hypnotist
lvl.2
Flight distance : 559229 ft
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-1-19 19:30
Wow! Nicely done with tastefully timed edits. Dug the music, too -- who is that? Also, what's the purpose of that crane-like structure at the top, if you know? Thx.

Cranes like that are used to build the building in the first place like you see in the slightly shorter building next to it. They are left on some buildings for maintenance needs, for instance lifting telecom equipment to the roof or even air conditioning units way below. Most cranes are taken down after construction, but some either can't be removed or are there for maintenance.
2017-1-19
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

Very nice, good stuff
2017-1-19
Use props
3zooz Q8i
lvl.2
United States

stratosHD Posted at 2017-1-19 19:23
Nice  Im sure it was tempting to do a 360 flight around it .  Good vide but a bit risky flying so close to the cranes

Yeah but I don't think that the Mavic will still be connected.
2017-1-19
Use props
3zooz Q8i
lvl.2
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-1-19 19:30

Thank you! Its "Mast". I found it on the free Youtube library. I think that the crane is used for moving large objects? But I guess it's also used to lift the carrier or whatever it is for cleaning purposes (The other side of the building is glassy). But I'm not 100% sure about it
2017-1-19
Use props
3zooz Q8i
lvl.2
United States

hypnotist Posted at 2017-1-19 20:56
To my ears, you're slightly to early on some of the transitions. Listen to the drum beats. Those are what you want to sync to as they are the backbone of the music and will feel more natural when you sync your cuts with them, at least to western ears.

Also, the music is mostly in 4/4 time and you switch on 2 or 4 it seems. Again, this is probably more natural for you, but would be the opposite for western music and transitions happen on 1 and 3.

Hmm great point and I'll keep that in mind in the future! I really appreciate it. I kind of cropped few shots just to be able to fit another without paying attention if I'm actually being consistent with my editing. Again, Thank you!
2017-1-19
Use props
Freewell
lvl.4

Germany

looks stunning
2017-1-20
Use props
A1000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 149760 ft
United Kingdom

Nice footage and very smooth. Great example of what's possible.
2017-1-20
Use props
Kevin16
lvl.3
Flight distance : 353642 ft
Australia

That's great quality.  Well done.  Imagine what an Inspire 2 could do there!  
2017-1-20
Use props
ReinertA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 134026 ft
United States

Great video!!
2017-1-20
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

How do you get the smooth gimbal pitch changes?
2017-1-20
Use props
3zooz Q8i
lvl.2
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-1-20 09:35
How do you get the smooth gimbal pitch changes?

I barely move it (a very light touch/turn) and I keep the pressure almost constant + many of my shots are a bit more dynamic. I'm sliding on a side and sometimes even going to the front or back, changing the altitude, turn to a side "semi-orbital", AND moving the gimbal at the same time. Would you really notice any simple mistakes? not really. But if you rely completely on moving the gimbal for a shot and it's not perfect, guess what, its gonna look bad (Post editing might help).
2017-1-20
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

3zooz Q8i Posted at 2017-1-20 13:30
I barely move it (a very light touch/turn) and I keep the pressure almost constant + many of my shots are a bit more dynamic. I'm sliding on a side and sometimes even going to the front or back, changing the altitude, turn to a side "semi-orbital", AND moving the gimbal at the same time. Would you really notice any simple mistakes? not really. But if you rely completely on moving the gimbal for a shot and it's not perfect, guess what, its gonna look bad (Post editing might help).

I guess practice makes perfect? I'm not there, yet. ;)
2017-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules