Drone footage has major aliasing after import fcpx
841 4 2017-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DABSandDRUMS
New

United States

Hello all! This is my first post to the thread so i will try to be as descriptive as possible.
So here is my issue, when i get my drone footage onto my computer when i open up the footage in quicktime everything looks beautiful, sharp, minimal aliasing and moire. As soon as I import into fcpx it looks awful, aliasing like crazy, tons of moire.

I have tried converting the footage to prores 422 prior to import into fcpx (i have tried converting it to a range of formats to no avail), i have also made sure that the settings in fcpx for the drone clip are set to progressive. I have tried what in my mind seems like every possible way to get this to look like it does in quicktime on my harddrive.

The clip looks bad as soon as i import it, and even after being rendered it still looks terrible, so its not because its proxy media.

If someone could just tell me what they do to make this work i'd cry lol, ive been searching for weeks.

2017-1-19
Use props
Orlando_Jeff
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49147 ft
United States

Don't know much about apple but why are you trying to convert the file from it's original format?
2017-1-19
Use props
DABSandDRUMS
New

United States

I'm not trying to convert it necessarily . I'm saying that it looks bad when I import it into final cut, and while troubleshooting I checked to see if converting it to different file formats prior to import would affect the outcome.
2017-1-19
Use props
Witherman12
New

Hong Kong

I have this issue too. Any fix?
2018-11-14
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany