4690 17 2017-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stuart
lvl.2
Flight distance : 996788 ft
United Kingdom

Can any one please help?

I have a new Inspire 1 following a crash.
I have linked both my RC controller and my slave RC.
The Master RC controls the A/c perfectly but the slave will not move the camera by using the sticks?
The X5 camera will move and complete all that is asked of it by using the finger on the iPad.
I must have missed something on the setup.
Very grateful for any ideas!

Kind regards

Stuart Andrews  

2017-1-20
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

You need to make sure that you are asking the Master permission from the slave to take control of the camera . With all systems on ( master RC, slave RC, aircraft ) go to the remote control settings and ask for permission .  You did have the Master RC find the slave  during setup correct ?
similar issue here
Master/Slave remote issue [SOLVED]
donnie

Video here as well

2017-1-20
Use props
Stuart
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks, I've followed the recommendation but I think I'm going to have to roll back and reinstall.
Kind regards
Stuart
2017-1-20
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

Stuart@monssi.c Posted at 2017-1-20 05:51
Thanks, I've followed the recommendation but I think I'm going to have to roll back and reinstall.
Kind regards
Stuart

That might be a fine idea  to reload ( but you did not say the slave and master were not connecting )  make sure you have both ( Slave and Master  RC ) on the same version of firmware , also you said you "Link". Both the Master and Slave , you  don't need to do this .  If you mean you have the slave and master finding one another thats fine , but you don't Link the slave RC to the aircraft .( via the red button on the AC )

Also have you tried to see if the "coach" mode will work on your system ?  that would mean the slave RC takes full control of the aircraft until the master RC touches of of ithe sticks .  If this will work then You know the master and slave and RC  are communicating with one another .

"Coach "mode can be found on the Remote control settings tab of the go app.  The AC and RC , go app of course must be on to access this function .

The only other idea I can think of if the Master and Slave are communicating is to make sure you don't have one of Gimbal settings  "Advanced settings "  there are three configurations , make sure the one you are using does not have the parameters of Gimbal Pitch and Yaw set to a value of zero , this I think could cause the zero movement of the camera from the slave . I am reaching on this one, just double check it .  
Makes Sure also the"stick mode" on both the slave and master are using the same configuration , it defaults to mode 2 .  

So plenty of Homework for you !

good luck Stuart ,

donnie

T
2017-1-20
Use props
Stuart
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Rolled back the firmware to V01.09.01.30 and no change therefore I thought I would install V01.10.01.40 once again.
I then achivied approx 5% movement either side of the centre line but not much more.
Is it possible that the gimbal could be faulty?
Still scratching my head, I think I'll wrap it in a cold towel!
Have a great weekend>
Kind regards
Stuart   
2017-1-20
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

Stuart@monssi.c Posted at 2017-1-20 10:21
Rolled back the firmware to V01.09.01.30 and no change therefore I thought I would install V01.10.01.40 once again.
I then achivied approx 5% movement either side of the centre line but not much more.
Is it possible that the gimbal could be faulty?

Read and implement post 4, try coach mode, and check those gimbal and RC mode settings.  gimbal not faulty if it works fine with the master .  I Suspect once again some setting is way off  Parameters on the salve RC. ( Gimbal settings )  Go through go app tab by tab and make sure none of the settings are goofy .  

Cheers

donnie
2017-1-20
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Hi Stuart,

When you say "The X5 camera will move and complete all that is asked of it by using the finger on the iPad" is this with the I-Pad connected to the slave RC? If so can you also move the camera with the left thumb-wheel?
If you can answer yes to both these questions, go into Remote Controller Settings/Remote Controller Settings in the app connected to the Slave RC and make sure your Stick Mode (below the Coach Mode) is set to Default.
If not, back to you Donnie.

I'm sure this is nothing serious, we can fix this.

Mark G.
2017-1-20
Use props
Stuart
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Gentlemen, thank you kindly for your advice, the head is cooled down and I will let you know the outcome of todays trials.
The first flight this morning and the A/C is perfect in single crews operation and completes all the tasks required with the.
About to try the advice Donnie.
Will update later
Kind regard
Stuart
2017-1-21
Use props
Stuart
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Well, I think I've just about tried everything but its still the same result.
Both Master and slave are working and linking to each other with the master only linked to the A/C.
Gimble stick mode is in default
Coach stick mode 2 for both Master & Slave
Firmware  V01.10.01.40
App V3.1.2
RC V1.7.60
The finger can still move the Camera fully
However in "Follow" its approx 5% either side the centre line with the sticks, similar in FPV mode.
No movement in "Free Mode" with the sticks but fully operational with the finger on the iPad.
Advance setting on 2 for both RC with nothing set at zero.
I'm now at a total loss and the only thing i can think of is calling the suppliers on Monday with a view of sending all back for inspection and conformation of testing and operational serviceability.  
Thank you for your help and advice.
Best wishes
Stuart  
2017-1-21
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

Stuart@monssi.c Posted at 2017-1-21 02:47
Well, I think I've just about tried everything but its still the same result.
Both Master and slave are working and linking to each other with the master only linked to the A/C.
Gimble stick mode is in default

Stuart , I just duplicated your problem on my setup, it is just as I suspect.  When you are first taking control the Gimbal it only will move about 5 degrees to the left or to the right with the sticks .  BUT then I went to the "Gimbal  Settings "  on the go app ( slave RC with  go app )  then to the "Advanced Setting"  and "defaulted" the settings and then the camera moved in a full 360 aand had full orbital control .   I AM POSITIVE THIS IS THE ISSUE . Just please default this advance config page , you can mess with the settings later and lower them .  BE SURE TO PRESS OK WHEN IT SAYS "RESET ALL SETTINGS" , IT IS ONLY FOR THESE CONFIGS  it wont hurt  a thing . They may just be stuck and need to be RE set because I know you said they were not at Zero , Just reset them for the Hell of it if nothing more.

****I duplicated your setup exactly , with the Advanced gimbal settings set very LOW, the camera wouod only move 5 degrees Left or Right , and then if I implemented the "Screen Green Circle "  I was able to move the camera any direction .
Once you see that this works you are going to want to lower the configuration  settings so you have smooth operation , the number values will in the Lower ranges , NO where near the default, this is just an example .  Mine are at about Pitch and Yaw expo at about 12, gimbal yaw pitch smooth 15. You will want to experiment, you have 3 configs to choose from .
****Be sure to put it back to "follow" mode as well

Please default these settings and try again. This will be on the Slave RC and Go App.

donnie

Advanced gimbal setting.jpg
2017-1-21
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-1-20 12:23
Hi Stuart,

When you say "The X5 camera will move and complete all that is asked of it by using the finger on the iPad" is this with the I-Pad connected to the slave RC? If so can you also move the camera with the left thumb-wheel?

I know the problem , set mine up and duplicated  it , just hope he comes back to the thread , I duplicated every one of his conditions . Just needs to "default " the Advanced Settings configuration settings page for the gimbal , His must very  very low OR they just need a resetting .

donnie
2017-1-21
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-1-21 05:31
I know the problem , set mine up and duplicated  it , just hope he comes back to the thread , I duplicated every one of his conditions . Just needs to "default " the Advanced Settings configuration settings page for the gimbal , His must very  very low OR they just need a resetting .

donnie

Just tried it myself and have to say, I think you're on the money Donnie.

Mark G.
2017-1-21
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-1-21 07:49
Just tried it myself and have to say, I think you're on the money Donnie.

Mark G.

Just hope he tries this before sending it in.

donnie

Great Minds think alike  Mark !!
2017-1-21
Use props
Stuart
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks guys, I'm back in the office  tomorrow afternoon and will give it a go.
Once again thanks for the help.
Kind regard
Stuart.
2017-1-22
Use props
Stuart
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Gentlemen, the eagle has landed!
"Success" at last.
Thank you so much for your advice, pactience and encouragement.
Wishing you a very happy and successful 2017.
As always, kind regards.
Stuart Andrews  
2017-1-23
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

Stuart@monssi.c Posted at 2017-1-23 07:00
Gentlemen, the eagle has landed!
"Success" at last.
Thank you so much for your advice, pactience and encouragement.

Wonderful , glad you did not have to send it in .  Be sure to lower those settings in the Configuration  otherwise the Camera on the slave will move WAY TO FAST .  

Thanks for the update as well Stuart

donnie
2017-1-23
Use props
Stuart
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I have a camera man that is very talented and although I enjoy flying, getting the shots for commercial construction clients is a in my mind a two crew operation.
Using your setting has given me us a base to find our personal levels of how we see the shot/videos.
Once again,  thank you Donnie.
As alway
Very best wishes
Stuart Andrews
Monssi Ltd
2017-1-25
Use props
Jamtoes
lvl.1

South Africa

I had the same problem.
SLAVE CONTROLLER JOYSTICK NOT CONTROLLING CAMERA; NO PAN CONTROL, NO PITCH CONTROL, NO ROLL CONTROL.
Master (GL658B VER 1.7.80) with iPad (ver 3.1.64)  links to aircraft (Inspire 1 ver 1.11.01.50 with camera Zenmuse X3Z ver 1.11.1.50)
and Slave (GL658B VER 1.7.80) with ipad (ver3.1.68) links to Master successfully except gimbal control.
Advance setting on 2 for both RC with nothing set at zero.
Gimble stick mode is in default for both Master & Slave
The finger can  move the Camera fully on the Master or Slave

My solution; TAKE IT OUT OF COACH MODE.
Thereafter, everything works.
2022-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules