1541 4 2017-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Trent Mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1098924 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,
Have read through several posts here on the forum with regards to the Mavic entering the landing mode even when 100's of feet in the air/ VPS error.

I flew my Mavic this morning  starting just before sunrise and recording it, and seemed to be having this problem with the height above ground flickering on and off in red thinking I was just above ground level therefore when trying to descend, it constantly entering landing mode.

On my second (out of 3) flight I started having the problems so landed and switched the Mavic and controller off and on to see if that did anything. Took off again and still same problems that a lot of people here seem to be having. Got to the point where it went up to 300ft and I couldnt get it down. It eventually landed with critical battery warning with 6% left on the battery. Ass cheeks clenching thinking it was going to drop out of the sky shortly!!!

Has there been any update to this problem? I've read some people copying flight logs (Not sure how to do that) or DJI staff responding and asking for flight logs to be synced but only on request? Got the Go App on my iPhone and have found the syncing option. Really appreciate any assistance here?

Hopefully this is the right place to post here, read the new rules etc.

Many thanks in advance!
2017-1-20
Use props
Maverikster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24672 ft
Netherlands

Did you disable VPS when flying in dark-ish conditions? I'd say catching a sunrise would require disabling the sensors that are looking 'at the ground' to prevent confusion about whether it's close to the ground or not (like flying indoors with not enough light; the Mavic will usually start to drift)
2017-1-20
Use props
Trent Mavic
lvl.2
United Kingdom

No didn't disable the VPS. My profile picture is actually from this morning, and started having the problems roughly when the sun was like that.

JUST REALISED!... Watching my flight log where I was struggling to get it down with very low battery, the Mavic was pointed towards the sun, descending at 0.4-0.9 mph, as soon as I rotated it 90* to the sun it instantly started descending 6.5-6.7 mph like a normal descent. Is there a possibility the sun light was causing problems as I've seen somebody mention in one of there posts?
2017-1-20
Use props
iPurvis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13750 ft
United Kingdom

Hi @trent Mavic

This is an ongoing issue with a bunch of Mavic pilots. As has already been mentioned, if the problem occurs, day or night, disable the VPS sensors in the go app. Currently there seems to be no word from DJI as they are, maybe, working on the problem. The Mavic will fly no probs with the VPS turned off, be careful when bringing it in for a landing and sit tight like the rest of us till there's a fix.

Personally, DJI have asked me to return mine under warranty, I'm hanging on for a week or so before I do as others have already done so and we're waiting to see if the returned and "fixed" ones present any further issues.

As it stands, from the experiments forum users have done it looks quite likely that it may be a hardware problem, DJI will not confirm or deny this, standard practice really but not worth getting frustrated about as it's a case of working out the bugs which takes a bit of time.

Either way, fly the Mavic, if the problem presents itself, don't panic, turn off the VPS and carry on carefully. Also worth noting, if auto landing is initiated and you want to cancel auto landing, push up on the left stick, you'll gain altitude a little but it'll stop auto land and then just turn off the VPS. I had a bum clencher myself but the key to relaxing the glutes is not to panic leave the Mavic where it is in the sky and turn off the VPS and bring her home
2017-1-20
Use props
Trent Mavic
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Ok, thank you for the info!

Thanks both for the replies
2017-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now