Whete is the focus point?
608 1 2017-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanscd3ca361
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi all,

When you double click the screen to gain focus is the focus point the distance to the item you've clicked on, or that place on the screen.

So for example, on take off if I stand in front of the P4 and focus on me, when I go up into the sky will
the focus point be the few metres that was the distance between me and the P4?

I hope that makes sense!
2017-1-20
Use props
juicedrummer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27871 ft
United States

Yes this is correct.  If you plan of flying a certain distance above something though, you may be better off hovering to your starting point and focusing at that distance.  However, lenses have a given range of acceptable sharpness known as depth of field. That is usually based on the f stop, focal distance, and sensor size. Typically, the higher the f stop number, the larger the depth of field. So f/2.8 will have a shallower depth of field than something like f/8. Lenses have also what's called a hyper focal distance where given a certain f stop value and focal distance, focusing the lens at a certain range will keep everything from a given distance to infinity in focus. There is an online depth of field calculator that can help. On mobile now so I'm working with limited resources at the moment. But basically I believe the sensor in the phantom 4 pro is the same as the Sony dsc-rx100 with a 24mm focal point. At an f stop value of f/5.6, if you focus the camera on an object 30.4 feet away, everything from about 7 feet to infinity should be in focus. Hope that makes sense.
2017-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules