Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO 4 live feed //storage full[SOLVED] MSG#17
1379 16 2017-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WindSoul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16 ft
Canada

I had the surprise to realize the live feed gets saved on the phone. filled 1.8Gb phone storage within 10 short flights.I was unaware of it and luckily my phone didnt crash because of low storage.
however, since so many people reports phone reboots, some even drone crash in the process, I thought maybe is good to make people aware that apparently the app will use as much space as it can, and this may lead to phone system instability.
On a good note, although in low res, i got to enjoy some of the vids i have already erased.
to release storage space, go to editor and erase the feeds.
Is there a setting to limit the amount of storage the editor can use?
2017-1-20
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you read the manual you will see there is a setting. It will not use up as much space as it can, but rather what you have allocated.
2017-1-20
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Read the manual  and review and understand the ENTIRE APP and practice on the APP before insinuating and the forum will have less clutters.

Protect animal population. Spay or Neutered your Pet!
2017-1-20
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Canada

Aardvark Posted at 2017-1-20 10:09
If you read the manual you will see there is a setting. It will not use up as much space as it can, but rather what you have allocated.

i obviously didnt read the manual, so please cut the condescending. if you can provide the answer without judging the i would appreciate it. im only here to get the answer, i dont care of what you think of people. no more immature remarks, please.
2017-1-20
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Canada

AlecW Posted at 2017-1-20 11:38
It's all in the manual.  I set mine to 16GB on my iPad and to auto overwrites the old stuff.

i dont know where it is or how to set it up, if you can be more specific i would appreciate that.
2017-1-20
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

WindSoul Posted at 2017-1-20 13:48
i obviously didnt read the manual, so please cut the condescending. answer if you like or not, but spare the world of your disgusting manners.

Not condescending at all, just factual, it's a pity you cant deal with that without having a tantrum and throwing personal insults. You must have a very low self-esteem if you feel all such factual comments are condescending.  And in comparison to yours my manners almost appear immaculate.

The 'answer' is to look at the 'General Settings' menu, and look at the Video Cache settings, it's that simple. Do you need instruction on how to find the 'General Settings' menu, or have I helped you enough ?

2017-1-20
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Canada

Aardvark Posted at 2017-1-20 14:20
Not condescending at all, just factual, it's a pity you cant deal with that without having a tantrum and throwing personal insults. You must have a very low self-esteem if you feel all such factual comments are condescending.  And in comparison to yours my manners almost appear immaculate.

The 'answer' is to look at the 'General Settings' menu, and look at the Video Cache settings, it's that simple. Do you need instruction on how to find the 'General Settings' menu, or have I helped you enough ?

if the answer is that simple, then why took you so long?you just cant provide the answer without personal remark about yourself, like my manners almost appear immaculate.
starting with valuable judgements about people, just to return to the egotistical self is not a good recommendation. but is your choice and anyone is free to appreciate it for what it is.
and for someone knowing the answer like you pretend to be, the simple fact that it took two posts to answer once tells that you're not after answering in first place.
if you cant answer properly then you're of no use on this forum. one thing is not to know the answer but show interest even with an incorrect answer, and another thing is to be patronizing or condescendent. veering the thread offtrack with personal remark is not what the thread is for
2017-1-20
Use props
Maddratter
lvl.1

United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-1-20 14:20

Might have to scroll down to find the video cache as well.
2017-1-20
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

WindSoul Posted at 2017-1-20 14:20
if the answer is that simple, then why took you so long?you just cant provide the answer without personal remark about yourself, like my manners almost appear immaculate.
starting with valuable judgements about people, just to return to the egotistical self is not a good recommendation. but is your choice and anyone is free to appreciate it for what it is.
and for someone knowing the answer like you pretend to be, the simple fact that it took two posts to answer once tells that you're not after answering in first place.

I think everyone on here is getting fed up with your constant stream of stupid comments, remarks and replies. I think it is a wonder that anyone bothers to answer your threads any longer, Please consider a username change as requested.
2017-1-20
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2017-1-20 14:40
I think everyone on here is getting fed up with your constant stream of stupid comments, remarks and replies. I think it is a wonder that anyone bothers to answer your threads any longer, Please consider a username change as requested.

if you have something to say on the thread, you're welcome to contribute. if you enjoy calling yourself everyone that's fine, go for it. i thank you for your contribution.
2017-1-20
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

WindSoul Posted at 2017-1-20 14:20

"if the answer is that simple, then why took you so long?you just cant provide the answer without personal remark about yourself, like my manners almost appear immaculate."

In your original reply to me, which you have now edited, you said my manners were disgusting, I thought I had a right to reply.

I'll say no more.
2017-1-20
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Canada

Aardvark Posted at 2017-1-20 14:53
"if the answer is that simple, then why took you so long?you just cant provide the answer without personal remark about yourself, like my manners almost appear immaculate."

In your original reply to me, which you have now edited, you said my manners were disgusting, I thought I had a right to reply.

yes i did, then i realized i was out of line. i wish anyone out of line would at least erase if not recognize the wrong. look at my reaction and what triggered it. that's all the off-topic im willing to spend in this thread
2017-1-20
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Canada

Maddratter Posted at 2017-1-20 14:22
Might have to scroll down to find the video cache as well.

i see the video cache. is preset at 2GB. my original post said 1.8GB, that's why it kept growing so far.
Ironic as you seem, would you kindly explain the video cache to a fellow with less understanding?
2017-1-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

WindSoul Posted at 2017-1-20 15:40
i see the video cache. is preset at 2GB. my original post said 1.8GB, that's why it kept growing so far.
Ironic as you seem, would you kindly explain the video cache to a fellow with less understanding?

You would use the video caching option if you plan on using the app's Editor section to post to social media etc. If you don't plan on using that or don't want them to look at on your phone once and a while, then you can disable the video caching option for the future. You would have to manually delete what's already on the phone if you don't want them.
2017-1-20
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Canada

AlecW Posted at 2017-1-20 16:46
Wow, finally you apologized for insulting members for the last few days.  Maybe there is hope for you.

#safespace

Thank you. I wish I could say the same for you.
2017-1-20
Use props
Maddratter
lvl.1

United States

WindSoul Posted at 2017-1-20 15:40

Looks like ya figured it out.  
2017-1-20
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Canada

AlecW Posted at 2017-1-20 16:46
Wow, finally you apologized for insulting members for the last few days.  Maybe there is hope for you.

#safespace

got you amazed. i guess is not every day that you see a guy recognizing a mistake. definitely not in the mirror. enjoy!
2017-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules