Cloudy Skies Dark Video Problem
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8ff584dd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1437 ft
United States

I didn't even think I messed with the settings, but this video yesterday was not usable...any ideas or settings I should change
Capture.JPG
2017-1-20
Use props
jhurst5
lvl.1

United States

You can manually adjust the exposure to make it brighter. Also, setting your ISO to a higher level. The higher the ISO, the more sensitive the camera is to light. If you have too high of an ISO it may cause your footage to become grainy. Also, slow down the shutter speed. The longer the shutter is opened, the more the light gets in causing your photo making it brighter. Play around with the settings and take pictures until you get it to look the way you want.
2017-1-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Try out what jhurst5 suggested and let us know if there was any improvement.
2017-1-20
Use props
ResOps
lvl.1
Canada

jhurst5 Posted at 2017-1-20 10:35
You can manually adjust the exposure to make it brighter. Also, setting your ISO to a higher level. The higher the ISO, the more sensitive the camera is to light. If you have too high of an ISO it may cause your footage to become grainy. Also, slow down the shutter speed. The longer the shutter is opened, the more the light gets in causing your photo making it brighter. Play around with the settings and take pictures until you get it to look the way you want.

Can you not set both to auto if you just want the AC to do the legwork?
2017-1-21
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can also edit the video you have and brighten it up using a video editing software. I use Filmora

Capture.JPG
2017-1-21
Use props
jakehurst
lvl.1

United States

Also another thing to do is, while recording video, tap on the dark subject, which will activate the exposure lock and the camera settings will automatically adjust to the best settings to make the object on the exposure lock bright enough. I was flying my drone last night in the sunset, and the drone was focusing the exposure on the sky causing everything else to become dark and silhouetted. All I did was tap on a random dark subject activating the exposure lock causing everything on the ground to become visible and bright.
2017-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules