Phantom 4/PRO / Mavic Camera problems
1111 5 2017-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Visalia Califor
lvl.2
United States

So I was looking around and trying to find out which drone to buy and I came across two problems mentioned in many posts on the net which I can't contribute to user error or some other easily fixable problem.

1. There seems to be a "pulse" on the camera feed on all the Phantom series which happens every once a second every 30 frames?

2. The Mavic camera has problems with 60fps and other image problems.

Has DJI addressed any of this and is it very noticable or are these people just splitting hairs or some perfectionists that have to have perfect footage. I really dont want noticable lag or freezes either in the recorded footage so I was wondering all you with drones if you could say whether or not it is very noticable.

Thanks.

2017-1-20
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Mavic has issues with anything higher than 30fps, it's a hardware limitation and won't be corrected. The higher framerates on the Mavic are for FPV flying.

I can't answer on the pulse thing for the Phantom, I haven't noticed it on mine but I haven't used it a lot yet.
2017-1-20
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

My P4P+ doesn't have pulsing.
2017-1-20
Use props
Lukyan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21552 ft
Canada

My Phantom 4 Pro had the same problem, so  I send my drone for  replacing and  I really hope  they will send me a normal drone without a lot of Defects )
2017-1-20
Use props
Darrendirl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 822021 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

The guy who put out this video then bought a P4P and said he hasn't seen the pulse on his one. So might be worth being transparent in the original post about that.
2017-1-20
Use props
JWC P4 P
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8176 ft
South Africa

My P4 P has pulsating... and I believe most people just do not notice this for one or other reason.  It may be that the majority now have winter and is not affected so much as when it is used in harsh sun.    I have reported this but DJI has not replied.  The  only way to reduce it is to set the sharpness to -2.  I also use a ND filter.  Not perfect, but somewhat better.  The image quality is good - no denial!  Two issues remain:  Pulsating and "banding" of blue skies.
2017-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules