12Next >
4610 43 2017-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

I have never seen such awful FW actions ......

With previous 1.7.09 - the RTH would kick in and stay active unless I cancelled it. I would usually leave it to come home and once close - I would cancel and manually fly into land.

With the latest FW 1.8.10 ............ I had a shock !! The model had been fully calibrated after updating the FW.

First the updated 3.1.2 Go wouldn't connect until I'd switched on and off 3x .....

Then in flight I found it was unreliable signal at less distance than previous FW. But it would then lock on again and we'd keep going. But when RTH kicked in ... the **** started.

It would start to come home then stop ... cancel the RTH itself !! Show Lost Signal and kick into RTH again. It would literally bounce between RTH and Lost Signal and stop. At times it even headed wrong way for short distance.
I got so fed up with it and worried that battery would give out before this daft PoS sorted itself out - after watching this repeat a number of times - I then kept cancelling RTH and started to fly it home myself ... which of course was very frustrating because the RTH and Lost Signal kept coming up intermittently. Eventually I got her back and landed her out.

It was also interesting that the map in bottom left corner was NOT the HERE map but said GOOGLE ... with no map showing - just an empty box. Not even an arrow showing flight direction or path.

At home - I checked everything and all came up as it should. HERE map showing etc. etc.

I will be flying her again tomorrow - but before she takes off - will be calibrated again just in case.

I am not very happy with this - I had a good machine till this.

Nigel
2017-1-20
Use props
Microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Make sure to try to use the RTH toggle on the remote versus the DJi Go App and see if that corrects the issue.
2017-1-20
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

that suck. i havnt seen anything like that
2017-1-20
Use props
cristianc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008143 ft
Australia

I had the same issue, I lost the drone unfortunately, happened today
2017-1-22
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

Microcyb Posted at 2017-1-20 13:06
Make sure to try to use the RTH toggle on the remote versus the DJi Go App and see if that corrects the issue.

I think Nigel was saying he din't initiate RTH, the P3 did that on it's own. He was trying to cancel this action, several times.
I flew yesterday, first time since the new upgrade, and didn't experience any 'issues', but then I didn't manage to get far enough away fro RHT to initiate due to loss of signal. Going to be keeping a weary eye on this as I believe there is another thread outlining RTH problems since upgrade.
2017-1-22
Use props
Johnnyrebel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 521010 ft
United Kingdom

Well I,m afraid this fw "upgrade" has left my p3s totally dangerous to use, it randomly inserts a new home point, which is usually @4400 ft away,and in any direction!!. This quad was bought on 27thdec 2016 and was working without issue until the advised "upgrade".I live in a city near motorways and schools.The rth feature and safety protocols is what made the dji p3s attractive to buy, but after this disastrous "upgrade"its basically an ornament until dji come up with a fix or I can downgrade the fw back to the fw it came with, if I can find out which it was!!
2017-1-22
Use props
Johnnyrebel
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Further to this last post, I'm considering taking it back to the shop where I purchased it as this is an ongoing issue with the p3s which wasn't explained at the time of purchase, and indeed wasn't an issue until the fw upgrade. It makes it an expensive 2 weeks flying, and I'm not happy but more importantly this makes it dangerous to use. Is there a way I can re install the 1.7.09 version back in the p3s?. All was well with this version ( minor issue with follow me, but I can live with that), why was it changed? . Can anyone help with the "downgrade" to
1.7.09?, any help would be greatly appreciated, ...john
2017-1-22
Use props
pjhudson
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4820 ft
United States

Johnnyrebel Posted at 2017-1-22 13:15
Further to this last post, I'm considering taking it back to the shop where I purchased it as this is an ongoing issue with the p3s which wasn't explained at the time of purchase, and indeed wasn't an issue until the fw upgrade. It makes it an expensive 2 weeks flying, and I'm not happy but more importantly this makes it dangerous to use. Is there a way I can re install the 1.7.09 version back in the p3s?. All was well with this version ( minor issue with follow me, but I can live with that), why was it changed? . Can anyone help with the "downgrade" to
1.7.09?, any help would be greatly appreciated, ...john

The new firmware unfortunately completely ruined my experience.
2017-1-22
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

It turns out to not be the FW but a problem with the latest Go app 3.1.2 which plays games with RTH.

I have now rolled back to 2.9.1 Go to solve it and in the same retained use of Google maps.

The give away to the problem was 3.1.2 Go flipping between Google and Here maps.

Nigel
2017-1-22
Use props
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2039288 ft
Australia

How do you downgrade the app please.
2017-1-23
Use props
BimmerSI
lvl.1

Slovenia

Can anyone please explain to me why did the bird change mode so often??

Here is a log: http://healthydrones.com/main?share=wRoIij

I am on 1.8.1 and iOS 3.1.2. I did IMU, compass calibration, remote relinking... I also noticed when I was testing remote at home in atti that when I switched S1 from GPS to ATTI or IOC mode that every time I moved the switch it lost signal to the aircraft for a second...

Thank you!
2017-1-23
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

Bay Cruiser Posted at 2017-1-23 00:50
How do you downgrade the app please.

Uninstall DJi Go App ...... just use the Settings Apps ... choose DJI Go ... tap Uninstall. Only takes seconds. Do not do more or you lose your flightlogs etc. You only need the Go App itself removed.

Download from APK or better still PapaTita website who provides Magic Power 5 ... the App you want ...
I tried from Phantomhelp site - but APK there is defaulting to 3.1.2 despite choosing Old DJi Go ...

Once downloaded - start install.

Once installed ... then go to Play Store ... in the menu bar - there is a small icon of three horizontal bars like sergeants stripes ... drag that down and you get a menu ... select Settings and disable Auto Updates. But you can leave Notify updates available - then you can choose which updates are downloaded ... leaving Go App alone.

If you choose higher version than 2.9.1 - you will have crap HERE maps ... 2.9.1 uses the Google maps ... much better !!

You will have to do the agree bit and login again - but registration is already done and its just login to same.

Good luck ...

Nigel
2017-1-23
Use props
fans1a97f39f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 312195 ft
United Kingdom

my p3s tried to fly off yesterday, luckily i got it back but noticed bottom right icon is saying 1415.4 metres to home, ive tried cc and imu and it does this in 3 locations ?

i thought this was vps what the 3s did not have ?

2017-1-23
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

fans1a97f39f Posted at 2017-1-23 03:52
my p3s tried to fly off yesterday, luckily i got it back but noticed bottom right icon is saying 1415.4 metres to home, ive tried cc and imu and it does this in 3 locations ?

i thought this was vps what the 3s did not have ?

VPS ? nothing to do with it all ... its just crap Go App ....

Roll back to earlier Go app and go enjoy flying !!

Cheers
Nigel
2017-1-23
Use props
Steve J
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29967 ft
Australia

Hi guys,

New P3S owner here who has only done a very short flight test out of the box. I didn't initiate any RTH commands.

I actually updated to the latest firmware yesterday.
I was on app V 3.1.2 as I only installed it when I purchased last Friday.

In response to reading about the current issues tonight, I have reverted back to the 2.9.1 DJI Go app but am still paranoid that I will have issues.

Should I continue to worry?

Cheers,

Steve
2017-1-23
Use props
Makokiller
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1115095 ft
United States

What did you expect? It's from China.
2017-1-23
Use props
fans1a97f39f
lvl.2
United Kingdom

gone back to 2.91 here and turned auto update off seems ok now
2017-1-23
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

There you Go ...  forgive my pun !!

It would be interesting to learn about peoples experience of latest 1.8.10 FW with Litchi .... all quiet there !! That is another reason I believe Go app 3.1.2 is the cause of our woes.

Nigel
2017-1-23
Use props
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Australia

fans1a97f39f Posted at 2017-1-23 05:00
gone back to 2.91 here and turned auto update off seems ok now

Can I ask how please. Solentlife showed how above but I can't seem to find an iPhone version of 2.9.1
2017-1-23
Use props
fans1a97f39f
lvl.2
United Kingdom

sorry was android just google dji 2.91 apk
2017-1-23
Use props
Johnnyrebel
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Well my friends, I've installed the 2.9.1 version and all appears back to normal up to now, i will field test tomorrow
,followed the instructions given by Nigel and all went well with the process (better maps as well), home point recorded on the spot. Its too dark to try the rth function tonight, but I'll do it tomorrow and let y'all know .{:4_142:}
2017-1-23
Use props
gbmarsh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75692 ft
Canada

FYI, DJI GO uses Google Maps all the way up to v3.0.1
2017-1-23
Use props
Vikassi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17516 ft
United States

With the latest firmware, I am getting "Strong Interference" warning messages, no matter where I fly.  On a 20 minute flight yesterday, I received 314 of these errors.  I am thinking about ditching the DJI GO app and just use the Litchi app.  Can anyone just push me and tell me it will be much better to use the Litchi app?
2017-1-23
Use props
srfcocoa\
lvl.2
Flight distance : 259974 ft
United States

I've downgraded to 2.9.1 as well, fairly simple process.  But of course it's raining outside so will have to wait until tomorrow to test.  

Seem to be having a problem with the Google map though.  Just a gray box.  I've turned gps on my phone on/off, tried restarting the app, etc...still get the damn gray box.

Anyone have an idea what might be causing the dreaded gray box??
2017-1-23
Use props
srfcocoa\
lvl.2
Flight distance : 259974 ft
United States

Here's the gray box, wouldn't add from the app for some reason...imagine that
Screenshot_2017-01-23-17-44-54.jpg
2017-1-23
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

srfcocoa\@hotma Posted at 2017-1-23 14:56
I've downgraded to 2.9.1 as well, fairly simple process.  But of course it's raining outside so will have to wait until tomorrow to test.  

Seem to be having a problem with the Google map though.  Just a gray box.  I've turned gps on my phone on/off, tried restarting the app, etc...still get the damn gray box.

You need to get camera screen up then tap the map box to have that main display. Change to your home WiFi and let map detail fill in. Scroll round to bring in more map area --- it automatically caches to your phone /tablet so that when you are on Phantom WiFi - the offline cached maps display.

Nigel
2017-1-23
Use props
DJ Nee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84610 ft
Australia

Bay Cruiser Posted at 2017-1-23 06:40
Can I ask how please. Solentlife showed how above but I can't seem to find an iPhone version of 2.9.1

Did you have any joy with this? I can't seem to find anywhere that has the older iphone app
2017-1-24
Use props
Churubusco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36 ft

United States

Don't even bother with the Go app. I only use the Go app to calibrate. I only fly with Litchi, no issues.
2017-1-24
Use props
DJ Nee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84610 ft
Australia

Churubusco Posted at 2017-1-24 03:34
Don't even bother with the Go app. I only use the Go app to calibrate. I only fly with Litchi, no issues.

I've read a lot about people using Litchi, but haven't ventured there yet!

So when using it, it still sets RTH and stuff before take off?
2017-1-24
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

DJ Nee Posted at 2017-1-24 03:14
Did you have any joy with this? I can't seem to find anywhere that has the older iphone app

Try via PHANTOMHELP website archive ....

Nigel
2017-1-24
Use props
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Australia

solentlife Posted at 2017-1-24 10:45
Try via PHANTOMHELP website archive ....

Nigel

I tried this for IOS and whilst it says 2.9.1 older version when you click it takes you to iTunes and its 3.1.2 Any idea where I can get this because I can't get Charles Proxy to work for me.
2017-1-24
Use props
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Australia

The oldest I can get is 2.8.3 for IOS. is this one any good and if so any one know how to transfer this older app download to my iphone
2017-1-24
Use props
Horus
lvl.2

Canada

i did it im at 2.8.2 fw is 1.7.9 its lots of work to get it down and you need 2 computers to do it reason for that is itunes doesnt like it when you try to get an older version app though its not eligal
i dont think anyways but it can be done i had a day off weather is crap so i played with all sort of sofware to get to the fw I have.
now im going to try to get the aircaft fw to 1.5.7
well if i cant fly it why not play around with it if all goes wrong ill just update
2017-1-24
Use props
Rgb2448
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1066795 ft
United States

I am on 1.8.1 and IOS 3.1.2. I just flew 5400 feet with a windsurfer on my p3s. The live video feed pauses a little bit every once in a while but everything works like it should.
2017-1-24
Use props
sdevan45
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6493 ft
United States

Bay Cruiser Posted at 2017-1-23 06:40

It's a little tricky, but it can be done.
1. Download Charles.app from Charlesproxy.com, Version 4.0.2
2. Open the app.  Then open your keychain on your Mac and click on certificates.  Accept and then always trust the Charles certificate.
3. View http://forum.dji.com/thread-52761-1-1.html, but only up to the point where you install and stop the installation of the current version (3.x) of DJI Go 2 times using iTunes.  After that, the video, which is an older video, is wrong, as 4.0.2 has changed.
4. Then view this video and follow the directions after skipping the first two downloads, since you've already done that.
5. The DJI Apple product # that you want is 818756168.  This will get 2.9.1.
6. It takes a while to figure it out, even with the second video.  Pay careful attention, and write down the steps as going back and forth from video to Charles is difficult.
7. Copy the correct version from the Music/iTunes folder to a safe place on your hard drive so you always have a safe copy.
8. Remove DJI from your phone/ipad and reinstall 2.9.1.  Turn off automatic updates.

Happy flying
2017-1-24
Use props
Rgb2448
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1066795 ft
United States

Rgb2448 Posted at 2017-1-24 13:41
I am on 1.8.1 and IOS 3.1.2. I just flew 5400 feet with a windsurfer on my p3s. The live video feed pauses a little bit every once in a while but everything works like it should.

http://healthydrones.com/main?share=MOtpYW
2017-1-24
Use props
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Australia

Bay Cruiser Posted at 2017-1-24 13:09
The oldest I can get is 2.8.3 for IOS. is this one any good and if so any one know how to transfer this older app download to my iphone

It seems the one I have is corrupt so thats no good.
2017-1-24
Use props
Horus
lvl.2

Canada

i have an ipa of 2.8.2 if you need
2017-1-24
Use props
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Australia

Horus Posted at 2017-1-24 14:28
i have an ipa of 2.8.2 if you need

I undertand 2.8.3 solved a weak signal issue on 2.8.2. Do you have that problem or is it all ok and if so yep I would like it but how do you send it to me.
2017-1-25
Use props
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Australia

sdevan45@cox.ne Posted at 2017-1-24 13:44
It's a little tricky, but it can be done.
1. Download Charles.app from Charlesproxy.com, Version 4.0.2
2. Open the app.  Then open your keychain on your Mac and click on certificates.  Accept and then always trust the Charles certificate.

Will try this again on another Mac because Charles just wont work on my everyday Mac.
2017-1-25
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules