Static displayed at first startup
984 12 2017-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
steelej80.googl
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hey Guys,

The first time I connect to my inspire2 when it's not been used for a bit the video feed displays static, the fpv video displays fine, I need to switch from video to photo and the video feed then appears ok, anyone else seen this? I originally thought it was my ipad but it happened with my wife's iphone today also.

It's not a big deal as it does work when I switch to photo and back but it is a bit of a pain.

John.
2017-1-20
Use props
steelej80.googl
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Just did a bit more testing and it also displays static through the HDMI port on the controller. I'll post a pic shortly.

John
2017-1-20
Use props
steelej80.googl
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Here's a pic, I deliberately blurred the FPV feed as no one needs to see my messy room FPV works fine

2017-1-20
Use props
steelej80.googl
lvl.2
United Kingdom

OK, I've been playing around with this for the last hour and I have some conclusions

1) When the batteries are removed and reinstalled and I2 restarted I get this static.
2) If I switch from video to photo, or pal to NTSC, or change the frame rate the video feed starts working properly.
3) It will continue to work properly until the batteries are removed again
4) This is where it gets weird, I only get the static when the I2 is shutdown and batteries removed when the camera is set to 3840x2160, PAL 25fps, if I keep the settings at 50 fps I can shutdown remove batteries and startup no problem, same if camera is set to NTSC. I've not went through every option yet to see if there are more setting which cause this issue. This has been pretty consistent and I've been able to reproduce it every time so far.

So that's what I've got with this one, it would be great if one of my fellow owners could try setting their camera to 3840x2160, PAL, 25 FPS, shutdown, remove batteries then restart to see if this is a problem for more than just me.

Thanks for any assistance.

John.
2017-1-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

steelej80.googl Posted at 2017-1-20 14:57
OK, I've been playing around with this for the last hour and I have some conclusions

1) When the batteries are removed and reinstalled and I2 restarted I get this static.

Just to clarify, what mobile devices have you used thus far and which camera are you using? Which version of the Go 4 app are you running? I'm assuming your mobile devices are set for your region and not set elsewhere, correct? Just to make sure I'm on the same page, this only seems to happen when everything is set to PAL and you restart the aircraft. Am I understanding that correctly?
2017-1-20
Use props
steelej80.googl
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi Jamie,

Specifically 3840x2160, PAL and 25 FPS, doesn't happen when set to PAL and 50 FPS. Mobile devices used so far are ipad mini 2 and iPhone 6 running latest version of dji-go app all set for my region. Even without using the app if I connect a monitor to the HDMI output of the RC and start up I get the static also, again only when set to 3840x2160, PAL, 25FPS. Camera is X4S. Again this only happens on the first start after installing the batteries in the inspire, once it's working it stays working until I remove the batteries again.

John
2017-1-20
Use props
steelej80.googl
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Just had another owner from another forum try my settings above and he also saw the same static issue. Looks like a bug

John.
2017-1-21
Use props
steelej80.googl
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Don't want this to get lost as it's an easily repeatable issue which looks like a software bug.

John.
2017-1-23
Use props
steelej80.googl
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Calling DJI-Jamie

John.
2017-1-24
Use props
Live Tv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8104 ft
Australia

This is great info and by the looks of it it is a PAL issue as all I did was cycle the broadcast mode from PAL to NTSC and the camera pic stabilised, I was then able to go back to PAL and the camera picture remained  stable...  So on start -up it doesn't like PAL....
2017-2-4
Use props
steelej80.googl
lvl.2
United Kingdom

More specifically it doesn't like 25fps, if set at Pal/50 it startsup fine.

John.
2017-2-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

This is an issue that's being workded on. A firmware resolution will come out soon.
2017-2-9
Use props
steelej80.googl
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks Jamie
2017-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules