Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Pilot Certificate Testing
1463 7 2017-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dave.encoremult
lvl.1

United States

I took my test today and passed...barely, got a 70%. The test was MUCH more difficult than I thought. I studied everything I could find for weeks and crammed every day this week leading up the exam and still barely passed.

Here's my advice to those of you who are planning to take the test but have not yet done so. STUDY, STUDY, STUDY!!!!!!! Be able to ready Navagational Charts forwards, backwards, upsidedown. Know ALL about airspace, I mean floors, ceilings, colors, solid colors vs dotted lines, ALL OF IT! Know weather, not just a little but know as much or more than your local TV weatherperson, Know all abourt clouds, inversions, again, ALL OF IT.  I memoriezed all that Decision Making stuff: IMSAFE, PAVE, CARE, TEAM, DECIDE...didn't need any of that, just the basics, what I would call common sense of operating a UAS.

Hope that helps. Don't worry about the time, 2 hours is plenty for the test but don't go too slowly. Read the questions CAREFULLY. The FAA is very sneaky with it's wording of questions. I missed one about maximum weight of a UAS. I clicked 55lbs but it was wrong. I can only assume there was something tricky in the questions I didn't see. Good luck.
2017-1-20
Use props
browncoat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12497 ft
United States

Thanks for the heads up. I've been studying for a couple weeks now. As far as the weight question it's under 55 lbs.
2017-1-23
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

The correct answer is (less then 55Ibs).
2017-1-23
Use props
bluemarley67
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1242638 ft
United States

I haqve been studying for three months now every single day for 8 hours
2017-1-24
Use props
DJI Tom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1236778 ft
  • >>>
United States

browncoat Posted at 2017-1-23 17:35
Thanks for the heads up. I've been studying for a couple weeks now. As far as the weight question it's under 55 lbs.

I passed my UAS 107 recently and you don't have to spend a lot of money to do so. Here's my preparation experience. I used a Google app call UAS107. Used it for 70% (30% YouTube sectional chart videos) of my prep for the exam; and the app only cost me $4. Passed on my 1st try with an 85%. My total cost to pass the exam:

$4 for UAS107 app
$150 for the test exam fee
———————————–
$154.00
Here is the link to the app for anyone interested: https://play.google.com/store/ap ... otix.labs&hl=en
2017-2-22
Use props
DJISenord
lvl.1

United States

Thanks DJI Tom!  

Just passed my part 107 exam thanks to some of the tips.   I used Googleplay app UAS107;  I was a little skeptical at first, but the app is legit.  Used it for most of my study, and  passed on my 1st try with a 90%.   I believe a link to the app is above, but I have also included it below for anyone who may be interested in taking the exam.  The best part, the app was only $4 dollars, way cheaper than some of those online course which can cost hundreds of dollars.  Here's my tip for any one wanting to take the exam.  Don't waste your time with convoluted classes, get something that will get straight to the point.   The UAS107 app does that and you can also find some really good YouTube videos that are also straight forward.  

Good luck and here's the link to the app: https://play.google.com/store/ap ... 07.openrobotix.labs
2017-3-15
Use props
#shotxclvck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3423297 ft
United States

nice thanks for the link guys
2017-3-15
Use props
TPVAerials
lvl.3

United States

Is the UAS107 app available for apple OS? I searched in the app store, but didn't see it.
I did find an FAA 107 Study Buddy app for $19.99...but that's about it that closely resembled what you mentioned.
2017-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules