How to determine firmware version of P4P controller?
2391 9 2017-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MANowell
lvl.1
United States

I can't find this anywhere.  I just got the P4P and Assistant upgraded the copter, but DJI go 4 doesn't prompt me for an update for the controller.  I got a "firmware update needed" due to "mismatch" during flight today, immediately landed.

Thanks,

2017-1-20
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

what version are you running on the controller. also the mismatch may be the battery needs updating thru the assistant 2.
2017-1-20
Use props
MANowell
lvl.1
United States

I don't know what version on the controller, that was the point of my question. :-)  How can I tell?  It came out of the box last week and has not been updated.

Do the batteries update from the computer or the copter?
2017-1-21
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

MANowell Posted at 2017-1-21 07:28
I don't know what version on the controller, that was the point of my question. :-)  How can I tell?  It came out of the box last week and has not been updated.

Do the batteries update from the computer or the copter?

The batteries are updated as part of a craft update. You can tell when the craft update is also updating the battery, as the two middle LEDs blink (which is why I always have the battery facing me when updating).
My suggestion is to connect your P4P to your PC and run Assistant 2 to apply the most recent firmware update. Re-apply it with each battery you have, after powering the craft down once each update completes. Others may chime in to say that they prefer updating via the GO app, but I've never had an issue via Assistant 2 and I know I can rely more on a direct connection.
2017-1-22
Use props
PliciPleosc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 100226 ft
Romania

DJI GO 4 has a page where all firmware versions are listed, including the controller.
2017-1-22
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

I too use the assistant 2 for the aircraft and batteries, and the go 4 app for the controller.
2017-1-22
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Click on the "...." at the top RIGHT of the GO APP and then scroll all the way DOWN to the bottom of the page and click on "ABOUT".

and voila!...  

As mentioned above, you need to update every battery you used after any updates.

You can also check this...Never used Assisstant 2 for any updates.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-81314-1-1.html

Protect animal population. Spayed or Neutered? and License your Pet!
2017-1-22
Use props
Hairy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5902 ft
United States

Using the GO app, with everything connected and turned on, tap the 3 dots (...) in the upper righthand corner. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select "About". There you should see the Go, Quad and TX version numbers.
2017-1-22
Use props
Making Memories
lvl.2
Flight distance : 206030 ft
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-1-22 13:43
The batteries are updated as part of a craft update. You can tell when the craft update is also updating the battery, as the two middle LEDs blink (which is why I always have the battery facing me when updating).
My suggestion is to connect your P4P to your PC and run Assistant 2 to apply the most recent firmware update. Re-apply it with each battery you have, after powering the craft down once each update completes. Others may chime in to say that they prefer updating via the GO app, but I've never had an issue via Assistant 2 and I know I can rely more on a direct connection.

do you always have to update your batteries?  I just purchased a new one for my P3STD, so I would have 2 batteries. So your saying i need to update the new one? or each time I change batteries?
2017-1-22
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

what you mean to ask is do you update your batteries each time there is a firmware update for the aircraft, and that answer is NO. the batteries will have their own separate firmware update from time to time but not necessarily every time you get a dji aircraft update.
2017-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules