1690 12 2015-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
art
lvl.3
Flight distance : 170758 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe this is old news, but I haven't seen it posted here.

This that mounts to the existing motors, and provides a spring clip type method of fastening these new props.

Not sure if this is what DJI will eventual send out to all early adopters, but it should be.

I would like to hear official word on this.
2015-2-17
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

Next gen will have em I'd bet on it .
2015-2-17
Use props
bubo_bubo
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Yeah i'd agree since they don't look anything like the prop locks issued and the props are different too.
2015-2-17
Use props
xzces
lvl.3
Flight distance : 81526 ft
  • >>>
Suriname

The prop locks they sent out are not a permanent solution. I find that really hard to believe. It was the fastest fix they could think of. It takes time to develop a solution, try it out and put in production. I'm happy with the locks as it does provide some sort of security, but in the end they're gonna wear out. I do hope they get a rocksolid solution out soon, I even wouldn't mind paying for it. I would even pay for a aftermarket solution as long as it's better than the prop locks.
2015-2-17
Use props
xzces
lvl.3
Flight distance : 81526 ft
  • >>>
Suriname

One other thing. I was surprised to see that the inspire propellers use a smaller size bolt to connect to the motor compared to the phantom. This even though the props are larger and provide more lift for a drone that is almost twice as heavy.
2015-2-17
Use props
Chris Con
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501175 ft
United States

This new prop system and retrofitted locks will be available for purchase after the Chinese New Year. Pricing has not been announced yet.  
Screen Shot 2015-02-17 at 5.59.36 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-02-17 at 6.00.30 PM.png
2015-2-17
Use props
pidetectives.ya
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Inspire in the video only has two holes. Mine has four holes. Any difference..
2015-2-17
Use props
cypress6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 176936 ft
United States

The I1 has the same motors as the E800 propulsion system so the props and locking system fit. I didn't like their solution for a quick fix to props flying off so I purchased a E800 system with proper quick release locking system.
I have done a few flights with the new locks with some being in high gusty winds with no issues so far.
The retro fit kit is a no brainer and am glad they are offering it. It looks to be well thought out and performs as intended.
Download the E800 manual to gain some insight on the I1 propulsion system.
The 2 vs 4 holes should not be a problem I believe the E800 locking system uses the 13mm spaced holes on the motors, the other set is spaced at 12mm.
2015-2-17
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Surely DJI should be issuing these revised props to all Inspire Customers, especially if the first prop locks were only a quick fix
2015-2-18
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

GB44 Posted at 2015-2-18 22:07
Surely DJI should be issuing these revised props to all Inspire Customers, especially if the first p ...

Absolutly they should send out free of charge these props and clip kits etc as they already had them both ! Instead we get a plastic bandaid piece o crap fix .... Cmon dji you already had these in stock ! Before coming up with the cheap s--- plastic clips ... The E 800 clips and props were already available right !
And after spending a few bucks for the inspire I'd of gladly purchased the fix for a few more bucks not having to wait for all the circus performance and bs....as far as testing out props and if they'd work, I could have done this in a few hours .... Not Weeks .... Excuse my rant guys .. Gee I'm not pissed.......
2015-2-18
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

I'm still not having any problems with lose props, not in the slightest. Once I've snugged them down, they stay snug. One can't help but wonder if it's a pilot error issue.

Not that it's important, but I like the look of the "classic" prop hub much better than this new one. Just one guy's opinion.
2015-2-18
Use props
TheFlyGuy
lvl.2

Israel

As far as i can guess, the reason that there are not Inspire props available to purchase is because of that solution.
It seems that Dji not want us to use the current prop system and wait to get this kit out instead.

I do think that Dji should send that permanent solution to every Inspire owner. the current issue is a huge design issue and should be something that a company should take care of.
2015-2-18
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

Talked to my dealer , version two inspire 1 will ship with the new props and attaching clips etc.
(intelligent UAS ) already has these props and clips listed for the inspire in white or yellow tips $ 10.00 each , preorder not yet instock and haven't shipped yet , both UAS, and dronefly both assured me these are a  brand new version for the inspire and didn't exist previously ? they are part carbon construction , specs are listed on intelligent UAS  site . Thought these already were available ... Wrong again .
2015-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules