Weird Thing happened When signal loss today!
667 4 2017-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alexdroner
lvl.2

United Kingdom

My p4p was like 2.5km away with 50% and aircraft was disconnected, then as usual it was for like less than a min for me to get signal back and return to home. The entire flight was filmed. When i watched the film. I saw that after a while of hovering, the drone has not RTH straight away but decented for like 30meters from 120meters. So i when to dji go to see the flight record. It shows that the p4p went to landing mode!!! the flight recorded only recorded part of the decent. but from the video i can see it decented for like 30 meters. then it accent again by itself and return to home. I am just curious as that might be a serious bug eventhough the drone did return to home.

Question 1, is it possible i have selected the landing mode, and as it landing and lost singal and go back to RTH my itself? OR this is possibly a bug? Has anyone experience this on the lastest P4P 2304 firmware.

The entire unexpected landing mode at 2.5km and return to home then landing is all done by itself after signal loss.
2017-1-20
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Your best bet is to download your flight data to phantomhelp.COM or to DJI. Also what were the setting on your connection loss? Maybe you had it to land instead of RTH?

Protect animal population. Spay or Neutered and License your Pet!
2017-1-21
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

yes, show us the log... weird and scary! Sounds like u were in "throttle down" on lost signal, but then it reconnected while descending and took RTH? The only reason I say this, because last time I reinstalled my GO app on my nvidia shield, the default on lost signal was throttle down! P3A.

Protect the hobby. Spay or Neuter, and licence your drone!
2017-1-21
Use props
Alexdroner
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I will upload the log soon but basically the log suddenly say tips landing not weird warning before the flight and the flight record before that was like wind warning only, after the decent from 120 to 108m I loss signal, but I don't remember any of this landing warning ever came up during flight, I just remember I lost signal and after a mins i got the signal back, I reckon I may accidentally pressed landing, basically they is one thing I want to test today, if I put my drone to landing mode at arround 60 meters away from me, and if i turn the rc off, will the landing mode stop and return to home or just keep landing, anyway I have three flight with three dissconnect the, that do acts as they should be, just 3s disconnect,  coming straight back. Just that one weird one happen once.
2017-1-21
Use props
Alexdroner
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I can even upload part of the video, it is pretty funny, and you can see how it auto decent and accent back.
2017-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules