[UK] Mavic orders from sellers - Maplin, Jessops, Drones Direct etc.
123Next >
8773 107 2017-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brela
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5755 ft
United Kingdom

willhay555 Posted at 2017-1-22 14:15
I ordered from Very at the pre-increase price less 20% for new customers; £1,005.00 for the fly more.

When did you order?
Very are not taking any Mavic orders presently right?

Good luck with your second order!
2017-1-22
Use props
willhay555
lvl.2
Flight distance : 481755 ft
United Kingdom

Brela Posted at 2017-1-22 14:15
When did you order?
Very are not taking any Mavic orders presently right?

Ordered from Very 6 Nov 2016.

Ordered from digital rev the 16th of this month and that is out for delivery, due tomorrow.

DJI should be ashamed of themselves.
2017-1-22
Use props
Brela
lvl.2
United Kingdom

willhay555 Posted at 2017-1-22 14:24
Ordered from Very 6 Nov 2016.

Ordered from digital rev the 16th of this month and that is out for delivery, due tomorrow.

In any case you are finally going to get a Mavic tomorrow! congrats I got an e-mail from Maplin this morning and was so excited...until I read that it was just to say they didn't have any stock yet! doh
2017-1-22
Use props
A1dan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13471 ft
United Kingdom

I ordered from Amazon, they took the full amount and sent me a Phantom 3.
Once that mess was refunded and sorted I re-ordered with Maplin (Dec 26th) and keep hearing the same thing from them. They should've had 600ish in from DJI first week jan, but now it looks like 30th Jan.
I'm not holding my breath.
2017-1-22
Use props
Brela
lvl.2
United Kingdom

A1dan Posted at 2017-1-22 15:46
I ordered from Amazon, they took the full amount and sent me a Phantom 3.
Once that mess was refunded and sorted I re-ordered with Maplin (Dec 26th) and keep hearing the same thing from them. They should've had 600ish in from DJI first week jan, but now it looks like 30th Jan.
I'm not holding my breath.

Hi Dan

I did read somewhere about Amazon sending out Phantom 3s by mistake! Pretty crazy let down for you!

My experience with Maplin customer support has been good so far. It is not Maplins fault that DJI are only sending them a fraction of what they ordered.

Did you order just the Mavic or Fly More Combo btw? I'd be interested to know what your position in the queue is.

Thanks for contributing to the thread.
2017-1-22
Use props
Andyg01
lvl.1
Flight distance : 256624 ft
United Kingdom

From Apple UK £999 6-8 weeks per the date of this post.

http://www.apple.com/uk/shop/pro ... b4093bd3de90e4786c9
2017-1-23
Use props
CHEWER
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Ordered from RC Geeks first week of Jan and nothing yet, chased them a few times on email but sounds like I'm still quite far down the list......... anyone else ordered from RC Geeks?
2017-1-23
Use props
CarreraTony
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30341 ft
United Kingdom

HI all, Reference Drones Direct. I contacted them on the 1 November questioning there Advert on there website for the Fly More Combo it stated 3 Spare batteries and was £2 cheaper than anyone else and they ALL list 2 Spare batteries, I asked does it come with 4 Batteries in Total to which i was told me ERR yes I suppose so, 1 in the drone and 3 SPARE,  I pointed out NO ONE LISTED 4 BATTERIES WITH THE COMBO to which they replied OH. I then waited to hear about the result of the Mavic which crashed in the US, Ngl1145 which was resolved on 4 November. So I went to place my order with Drones Direct only to see they had changed there advert and listed 2 Spare batteries in RED print so i did not order from them and instead placed my order with First Person View ( I purchased a F2V from them a couple of years ago ) as they told me the price was going up next week, which it did, they made NO promises on delivery date but you can order and only pay a deposit, which I did. I am still waiting for my Mavic, but FPV are happy to chat and give no BU___HIT. So to the POINT are DD holding out on sending out Combo's because they have to send out AN EXTRA battery FREE of charge ????. Did anyone print out there order with DD !. I look forward to hearing peoples comments. Tony
2017-1-23
Use props
AyrshireUAV
lvl.3
Flight distance : 957297 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I pre ordered from Heliguy the day after launch and received my Fly More package just before Xmas.  I was one of the first to receive mine from them.  Heliguy always kept me up to date and never left me hanging.  Since getting it Ive not used my Phantom 4 or my Inspire 1 Pro.  I love the Mavic, its agile, accurate, quick, responsive, and the videos I've taken have been first class.  Worth the wait.  
2017-1-23
Use props
Brela
lvl.2
United Kingdom

CarreraTony Posted at 2017-1-23 04:58
HI all, Reference Drones Direct. I contacted them on the 1 November questioning there Advert on there website for the Fly More Combo it stated 3 Spare batteries and was £2 cheaper than anyone else and they ALL list 2 Spare batteries, I asked does it come with 4 Batteries in Total to which i was told me ERR yes I suppose so, 1 in the drone and 3 SPARE,  I pointed out NO ONE LISTED 4 BATTERIES WITH THE COMBO to which they replied OH. I then waited to hear about the result of the Mavic which crashed in the US, Ngl1145 which was resolved on 4 November. So I went to place my order with Drones Direct only to see they had changed there advert and listed 2 Spare batteries in RED print so i did not order from them and instead placed my order with First Person View ( I purchased a F2V from them a couple of years ago ) as they told me the price was going up next week, which it did, they made NO promises on delivery date but you can order and only pay a deposit, which I did. I am still waiting for my Mavic, but FPV are happy to chat and give no BU___HIT. So to the POINT are DD holding out on sending out Combo's because they have to send out AN EXTRA battery FREE of charge ????. Did anyone print out there order with DD !. I look forward to hearing peoples comments. Tony

Hi Tony

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. The third extra stated battery I think might have been one of the reasons I ordered from them early on the 1st of November. They are calling it the "Ultimate Bundle" rather than "Fly More Combo" so you would think there is a difference making it "Ultimate"?

I do not appear to have anything in my e-mails stating about the extra battery unfortunately.

I guess that is a possible cause of the delay? *shrugs* It does seem rather odd that nobody appears to have received a Mavic from Drones Direct.

Good luck with your FPV Mavic Order! Please do keep us updated here.

Cheers

2017-1-23
Use props
Brela
lvl.2
United Kingdom

UPDATE: Somebody appears to have actually received a Mavic from Drones Direct!

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/dronesdirect.co.uk - 6 days ago

"Dji Mavic arrives early.
First class product from a first class dealer."

early?! first class dealer?!
Seems legit...
2017-1-23
Use props
Brela
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Brela Posted at 2017-1-23 05:52
UPDATE: Somebody appears to have actually received a Mavic from Drones Direct!

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/dronesdirect.co.uk - 6 days ago

The latest response from Drones Direct:We wrote to you in December with our latest update on the Mavic Pro and the issues around stock availability from DJI - we're committed to keeping you updated.

Since we last emailed, DJI have been working hard to improve production on the Mavic and have even gone as far as discontinuing the Phantom 3 Professional and Advanced to focus their production on the demand they have had for Mavic.

Unfortunately, stock coming into the UK is only arriving in small amounts and the situation with availability has not been getting any better. DJI are not providing ETA's for completing their orders at present, but with Chinese New Year coming up (Annual holidays in China when factories close for two weeks) it is unlikely that DJI will now ship stock until February.

This is a DJI Dealer wide issue and not unique to just ourselves. As the UK's #1 DJI Dealer, Drones Direct is still the best place to be when waiting for your Mavic Pro.

We value your custom and appreciate this situation is not ideal, but we do promise to be open and transparent with our customers at all times.

Stock is coming through slowly and we are committed to getting it to customers as soon as possible. We operate a strict first come, first served policy, meaning your place in the queue is guaranteed and this will not change whilst you wait.

We also recognise you may not want to wait. We have other great products from DJI and we are more than happy to help you select an alternative or even refund any money taken, but this will mean giving up your place in the queue and as we have shared above, this is a market wide issue - as the top UK DJI Dealer, we will get stock from DJI when it becomes available.

We will keep you updated as and when we receive any updates from DJI.
2017-1-23
Use props
Cooper23racing
lvl.1

United Kingdom

latest from Maplin customer support. (doesn't sound like they are getting any Mavics until end of Feb at best)

"The next delivery of both the Mavic and the Mavic pro will not be expected until the end of February or mid March.  We do, however, still have back orders to clear from any shipment that may be received prior to these expected delivery dates."
2017-1-23
Use props
Brela
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Cooper23racing Posted at 2017-1-23 08:15
latest from Maplin customer support. (doesn't sound like they are getting any Mavics until end of Feb at best)

"The next delivery of both the Mavic and the Mavic pro will not be expected until the end of February or mid March.  We do, however, still have back orders to clear from any shipment that may be received prior to these expected delivery dates."

I just received a similar e-mail from Drones Direct.

"Stock is being shipped towards the end of this month from China meaning we will receive it the very end of Feb /beginning of March. It then needs to be booked in and dispatched"

eek this does not sound good!
2017-1-23
Use props
Allistair R
lvl.2
Flight distance : 282283 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Those looking out for the Mavic Pro keep an eye on Argos. I was just browsing through the website looking for something else and stumbled upon the Mavic Pro fly more Combo. I ordered it right away without thinking twice. Ordered on 22nd Jan 2017 and got it on 23rd Jan 2017 by afternoon 13:00. Over the moon! Been waiting for 3 months now so many ordered and cancelled from DJI Direct, Very.co.uk and Argos came to my rescue. Who would have thought!
2017-1-23
Use props
Brela
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Allistair R Posted at 2017-1-23 11:15
Those looking out for the Mavic Pro keep an eye on Argos. I was just browsing through the website looking for something else and stumbled upon the Mavic Pro fly more Combo. I ordered it right away without thinking twice. Ordered on 22nd Jan 2017 and got it on 23rd Jan 2017 by afternoon 13:00. Over the moon! Been waiting for 3 months now so many ordered and cancelled from DJI Direct, Very.co.uk and Argos came to my rescue. Who would have thought!

Thanks for the tip
Wow you were super lucky!

Currently showing as out of stock...I will contact them and see though! Thanks
2017-1-23
Use props
Allistair R
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Brela Posted at 2017-1-23 11:24
Thanks for the tip
Wow you were super lucky!

I still cant believe I'm having a drone after all the wait!
Yes its currently showing out of stock but just keep looking You might turn out to be lucky too!
2017-1-23
Use props
Brela
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Allistair R Posted at 2017-1-23 11:30
I still cant believe I'm having a drone after all the wait!
Yes its currently showing out of stock but just keep looking You might turn out to be lucky too!

Just chatting to Argos now - looks like I am too late.

You are so lucky!
2017-1-23
Use props
Ginter Grey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1119347 ft
United Kingdom

Brela Posted at 2017-1-21 16:02
When did you order from Drones Direct? Also how much more did you end up paying in the end?

I'm hopefully getting one from Maplin soon...hopefully...fingers crossed.

I ordered with drones direct on 24th December and paid the same price to both DJI AND drones direct.
2017-1-23
Use props
Brela
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Ginter Grey Posted at 2017-1-23 14:10
I ordered with drones direct on 24th December and paid the same price to both DJI AND drones direct.

Hi Ginter Grey

When did you place an order with DJI?
2017-1-23
Use props
fansa69b583b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 562982 ft
Germany

Cooper23racing Posted at 2017-1-23 08:15

I spoke to Maplin this evening and was given the end of Jan that they have stated for the past couple of weeks when they expect to receive stock of a large order, they did say they had a couple booked in today but they have gone straight back out to pre ordered customers, wasnt mine as im around number 48 i was told
2017-1-23
Use props
EMPIREURN
lvl.2
United Kingdom

hi, I had the same from DD and sent the below reply, also sent a stronger email to the head of customer services. will I get a reply...?!  this is crazy. DJI still offer 2 weeks' delivery for orders placed direct. Have they fallen out with uk retailers - although IF the likes of DD have paid upfront (min £500k) then there should be a contract etc. DJI fell out with their USA co-founder and ceased supplying  (the USA team ,all sacked by DJI, set up a rival company/rival drone when DJI stopped supplying  - read about it - Frank Wang)

Sent: 23 January 2017 15:30
To: ******@buyitdirect.co.uk
Cc: *******@hotmail.com
Subject: FW: Your order from Drones Direct

Hi Jill

Thankyou for this information which is very welcome – even if not what I hoped to read. I will keep my place in the queue please – at least until there’s more concrete delivery news.

The really galling thing is that I could order today directly from DJI and am promised delivery in 2 weeks – so I would be ordering 4 weeks after I placed my order with you – and receiving a Mavic Pro. I know some people have cancelled their orders and ordered direct (despite having to pay more as the price has gone up since launch). Surely you are pointing this unfairness out to DJI? I have – but have not been given a real  answer whereas, as the UKs No 1 distributor, you should be able to flag this up (you must have a sales contact – maybe even contract for supply)? I would have thought that you can use your buying power to ‘force’ DJI to supply your back orders at least, given that you, like I, pre-paid . DJI also told me – I sent you copy – that all orders placed before Jan 5 had been shipped. If yours haven’t, DJI are effectively saying that you haven’t ordered – which I am sure is not true – so this is also ammunition for you to take to them to ‘force’ supply.

As a single buyer and despite owning various DJI products, they are not listening to me (& refer me to you!)

I hope that the next email brings better news,

Regards,

mark

Sent: 23 January 2017 14:44
To: Mark Asquith
Subject: Fwd: Your order from Drones Direct

Mark

Begin forwarded message:
Date: 23 January 2017 at 14:37:12 GMT
To: <empireurn@hotmail.com>
Subject: Your order from Drones Direct
Drones Direct

Dear *******
We wrote to you in December with our latest update on the Mavic Pro and the issues around stock availability from DJI - we're committed to keeping you updated.
Since we last emailed, DJI have been working hard to improve production on the Mavic and have even gone as far as discontinuing the Phantom 3 Professional and Advanced to focus their production on the demand they have had for Mavic.
Unfortunately, stock coming into the UK is only arriving in small amounts and the situation with availability has not been getting any better. DJI are not providing ETA's for completing their orders at present, but with Chinese New Year coming up (Annual holidays in China when factories close for two weeks) it is unlikely that DJI will now ship stock until February.
This is a DJI Dealer wide issue and not unique to just ourselves. As the UK's #1 DJI Dealer, Drones Direct is still the best place to be when waiting for your Mavic Pro.
We value your custom and appreciate this situation is not ideal, but we do promise to be open and transparent with our customers at all times.
Stock is coming through slowly and we are committed to getting it to customers as soon as possible. We operate a strict first come, first served policy, meaning your place in the queue is guaranteed and this will not change whilst you wait.
We also recognise you may not want to wait. We have other great products from DJI and we are more than happy to help you select an alternative or even refund any money taken, but this will mean giving up your place in the queue and as we have shared above, this is a market wide issue - as the top UK DJI Dealer, we will get stock from DJI when it becomes available.
We will keep you updated as and when we receive any updates from DJI.
If you have an queries please contact us via our eMessage system.
Kind Regards
Drones Direct
2017-1-23
Use props
EMPIREURN
lvl.2
United Kingdom

ps why are DJI not contributing to this  - or any - forum , with real info? Ken from DJI is putting some stuff out there but not helpful. My own email replies tell me to contact my uk distributor. Awful comms and PR
2017-1-23
Use props
Brela
lvl.2
United Kingdom

EMPIREURN Posted at 2017-1-23 15:42
ps why are DJI not contributing to this  - or any - forum , with real info? Ken from DJI is putting some stuff out there but not helpful. My own email replies tell me to contact my uk distributor. Awful comms and PR

I'm resigned to the wait with Drones Direct now.

I've been communicating with support and I don't think there is anything more they can do.
2017-1-23
Use props
eduavo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15390 ft
United Kingdom

I originally ordered with a German reseller on October 6th and had to pay up front.  I cancelled in mid November and received an immediate refund. Three days later I ordered from  a reseller in China who was promising delivery by December 10th. Again I paid up front. Following a number of email exchanges about my order status I cancelled on January 15th and received an immediate refund.  Two days later I placed an order with DJI who were promising a two weeks despatch time.  That was a week ago but now we're into Chinese New Year!!  Hey ho!  I should mention that the first two orders were for the fly more bundle but I only ordered the basic package plus two batteries from DJI and I've paid over two hundred pounds more this time! My back-up plan is.... Oh, I don't have a back up plan! I WANT A MAVIC!!!
2017-1-24
Use props
Brela
lvl.2
United Kingdom

eduavo Posted at 2017-1-24 03:57
I originally ordered with a German reseller on October 6th and had to pay up front.  I cancelled in mid November and received an immediate refund. Three days later I ordered from  a reseller in China who was promising delivery by December 10th. Again I paid up front. Following a number of email exchanges about my order status I cancelled on January 15th and received an immediate refund.  Two days later I placed an order with DJI who were promising a two weeks despatch time.  That was a week ago but now we're into Chinese New Year!!  Hey ho!  I should mention that the first two orders were for the fly more bundle but I only ordered the basic package plus two batteries from DJI and I've paid over two hundred pounds more this time! My back-up plan is.... Oh, I don't have a back up plan! I WANT A MAVIC!!!

DJI forum mod "DJI Mindy" said a week ago: "We will have three-day holiday for Chinese New Year. It won't affect much about the shipping."

Good luck to you eduavo!
2017-1-24
Use props
fansa69b583b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 562982 ft
Germany

Update from me, i ordered with DJI direct 19th Jan as well as my previous  Jessops and Maplin orders and spoke to DJi today who say it'll be shipped 3rd Feb with 3-5days after for delivery to me thats just over two weeks which is fine by me
Spoke to Jessops who reeled off again the standard message of 'while we contiunue to see improvements in shipping' blah blah blah so i cancelled with them as the lack of credible info is ridiculous.
Maplin are next to be cancelled as i now have a date at least from DJI
2017-1-24
Use props
Brela
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Update from me too...
I got my hands on a Mavic today! Ordered it last night with next day delivery from Currys! Unbelievable!

I had a look around after Allistair's post about Argos. Thanks for the tip Allistair! I wouldn't have looked around otherwise.
Cancelled my order with Maplin but keeping my original Drones Direct order going.

2017-1-24
Use props
d6nje
lvl.2
France

Argos and Currys currently showing no stock... I'll keep checking!!
2017-1-24
Use props
Siriusdave
lvl.3
Flight distance : 896818 ft
United Kingdom

Just got this from drone direct
"Thank you for your e-message. Unfortunately, the date DJI have provided us with for stock arrival is March, we can only provide the information to our customers which they have notified us of. We understand that you have been waiting for this order for some time, and we appreciate your frustration in the matter. At the moment, we are unable to provide any further information. We can get a member of the sales team to get in touch with you regarding alternatives if you wish?
We apologise for the inconvenience caused.
Kind Regards"
2017-1-24
Use props
Brela
lvl.2
United Kingdom

d6nje Posted at 2017-1-24 07:21
Argos and Currys currently showing no stock... I'll keep checking!!

Think I got one of the last ones from Currys - I'll post here if I come across another one in stock somewhere.

Just had a first test flight and all went well Very cool gadget!
Good luck
2017-1-24
Use props
Allistair R 3
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Brela Posted at 2017-1-24 05:39
Update from me too...
I got my hands on a Mavic today! Ordered it last night with next day delivery from Currys! Unbelievable!

Congrats! That was super lucky! Glad you've managed to try it out too. I've only managed to get it out of the box. Been working so may be try to get it up flying during the weekend.

2017-1-24
Use props
eduavo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15390 ft
United Kingdom

Brela Posted at 2017-1-24 04:02
DJI forum mod "DJI Mindy" said a week ago: "We will have three-day holiday for Chinese New Year. It won't affect much about the shipping."

Good luck to you eduavo!

Thanks for that info, Brela.  That's given me some grounds for optimism at last.
2017-1-24
Use props
Simon.cort
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I spoke to maplin today and the latest stock update is that they are only getting 28 "at some point in February". They also can't tell me if i'm within 28th in the queue. Ordered 4th Jan and got it for £999 so reluctant to cancel and order with DJI... this will be my first ever DJI purchase and I have to admit my first impressions of them and how they are treating UK retailers isn't great...
2017-1-24
Use props
AndyY
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14537 ft
United Kingdom

AndyY Posted at 2017-1-21 05:37
I just feel like cancelling altogether (I don't need a Mavic, it was just a nice-to-have); no-one has come out of this fiasco with any dignity, least of all DJI in the derisory way they have treated resellers.

I decided that I've had enough sitting around waiting, not knowing anything and not being told anything when requests have been sent to Amazon. I've cancelled the order and decided I can do without a Mavic.

The whole situation has been ridiculous; there's no way I'd reward DJI with an order direct if they can't honour deliveries promised to resellers and in my case the seller, Amazon, doesn't deserve the sale. I spoke to Maplins a couple of times as I would have transferred the order to them; their staff were courteous and happy to provide information but in the end DJI have let them down too.

Maybe I'll weaken at some point but at this stage it's two fingers to DJI. I'm out.
2017-1-25
Use props
Dazba
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17188 ft
United Kingdom

I pre-ordered fom Wex Photographic November the 10th. They told me last week that they have no idea when stock will be in. I have now ordered one from DJI direct, and paid the extra £100. Interesting to hear Argos and Currys have been getting stock in.

2017-1-26
Use props
Brela
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Dazba Posted at 2017-1-26 01:22
I pre-ordered fom Wex Photographic November the 10th. They told me last week that they have no idea when stock will be in. I have now ordered one from DJI direct, and paid the extra £100. Interesting to hear Argos and Currys have been getting stock in.

Wex is probably in the same boat as Maplin & Drones Direct - Probably early March delivery. Good luck with your DJI direct order!

I think Argos and Currys must have only started listing it the other day. To my knowledge they were not taking pre-orders.
Oh man...making that order at Currys with next day delivery!! At first my card transactions got declined by the banks fraud protection stuff.  
Then it showed as out of stock...then I got an e-mail later that night to say that it was still in my basket!

Tried again with Paypal and great success

I am still keeping my Drones Direct order going though...will keep everyone here updated with that!
2017-1-26
Use props
rotormasher
lvl.2
Flight distance : 162021 ft
United Kingdom

AndyY Posted at 2017-1-25 02:36
I decided that I've had enough sitting around waiting, not knowing anything and not being told anything when requests have been sent to Amazon. I've cancelled the order and decided I can do without a Mavic.

The whole situation has been ridiculous; there's no way I'd reward DJI with an order direct if they can't honour deliveries promised to resellers and in my case the seller, Amazon, doesn't deserve the sale. I spoke to Maplins a couple of times as I would have transferred the order to them; their staff were courteous and happy to provide information but in the end DJI have let them down too.

Same exact story with me, decided it was just getting too much of a charade really... I'm out to
2017-1-26
Use props
Shortie23
New

United Kingdom

Ordered with Very on the 29th October for it to be delivery 28th November. Then had an update to say sorry item delayed til the 16th January.
I'm still waiting.  Spoke to very and they just keep telling to cancel the order or they have no update from the supplier.
Tried getting hold of someone at dji and it's impossible.  They never respond to emails.

Just looked at digitalrev and they are saying the mavic is in stock and ready to ship.
I want to hold out for very as it was £999 with 10% discount so £899.10 my only fear is they will cancel the order at some point.
2017-1-28
Use props
Jonnymcjonface
New

United Kingdom

Mines arriving tomorrow! Cancelled my Jessops order and went direct with DJI. Only ordered through the DJI Website on Friday 27 Jan. That's a total of 5 days (3 working days if exclude weekend). Couldn't wait it out any longer with Jessops.  Having a credit card with 27 months 0% interest def comes in handy for these sort of things! ;)
2017-1-30
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules