Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Low light Focusing issue
933 7 2017-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Webassign
lvl.2
United States

I don't know if this is strictly low light problem yet since I only flew it twice so far and only at sunset. First image is the distant shot, second one is closer (it was photoshoped but I only add a few things and changed the color a little bit, and I can't find the oringal photo, was on a different SD card).You can see the focus on the first one is all over the place, the second one is soft but focus is fine. I tried tap to focus, it doen't change anything, just randomly blurred out some areas in different distances in the frame. I tired a few things but I have to test it out in the morning. Any suggestions? I will post some screenshots once I get the new footage in the morning.

Also that max image size 1000kb is annoying, I had to snip them twice....
DJI_0002.jpg
DJI_0007.JPG
2017-1-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please take more photos and upload the original image from SD card to dropbox then send me the link?
I'll help to check it.
Besides, is the firmware up to date?
2017-1-21
Use props
yoengel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2370988 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try it during the day when it's bright or well-lit space indoors.  Even high end DSLRs have a hard time focusing in low light.
2017-1-21
Use props
Webassign
lvl.2
United States

Update:  I think the problem is solved!
It was because I was using the DJI GO App instead of the DJI GO 4, I changed the app and reset the camera then everything looks great! At least in cloudy conditions, I will try it again at sunset when I got a chance, it's been cloudy and windy this few days. My theory is that the newest firmware is not compatible with the older app, and when I film using "Art" and -2 sharpness it got confused. I also did an IMU calibration, gimbal calibration and camera reset. Looks good so far, but I will wait and see if I can replicate the shot in similar conditions just to make sure.
Thanks for replying @DJI Mindy
2017-1-23
Use props
Webassign
lvl.2
United States

Trying to upload pictures, don't know if it worked or not
2017-1-23
Use props
Webassign
lvl.2
United States

Webassign Posted at 2017-1-23 17:47
Trying to upload pictures, don't know if it worked or not

2017-1-23
Use props
Webassign
lvl.2
United States

2017-1-23
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

That is one cool shot above the pylon... will be cool if you can throw a flare in there and take another shot...
2017-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules