Is this what people are calling gimbal roll?
655 6 2017-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rjroxie
lvl.1

United States

A short video of what I have noticed on several occasions while flying. I always calibrate the IMU, Compass, and Gimbal after each software update. If you know how to fix this please share.

Thank you in advance.
2017-1-20
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hi,

Never had this problem but try the steps I followed few moth ago.

1- Delete APP and reinstall BUT DO NOT UPDATE.

2 - Leave Aircraft outside for 1/2 hour (2 C. without the battery)

3- Turned RC on, signed to DJI.

4- Turned AC (DO NOT UPDATE)

5- Initialized IMU (Must follow step and images to the letter! or don't come back ). FLAT LEVELED SURFACE - Success. Turn off RC and Ac.

6- Turn RC / AC back on ( DO NOT UPDATE)

6- Did AUTOMATIC GIMBAL CALIBRATION - Success - Turn off RC and AC

7 - Turn RC / AC back on, DOWNLOAD - It will download and update both in less than 10 minutes.

8- Turn RC/ AC off - Wait few minutes - Turn RC/ AC on, then did COMPASS CALIBRATION - (remote away, keys, phone ext... away from aircraft) finish calibration and...

UP...  UP... and AWAY with over 800,000 feet distance....

Need Help... Just Tap -

Always SAFETY FIRST, FUN IS SECOND...GOOD LUCK!

Protect animal population. Spay or Neutered and license your Pet!
2017-1-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, is that only happening when you are flying to the right or does it happen when going left as well? Do you notice any snags in the ribbon cable?
2017-1-20
Use props
Rjroxie
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-20 20:33
Just to clarify, is that only happening when you are flying to the right or does it happen when going left as well? Do you notice any snags in the ribbon cable?

Come to think of it, I believe that it has only happened when flying to the right as I have never changed direction on the point of interest, which is what it was doing when this happened. But it has happened when I was flying a mission with litchi once and I was also flying to the right when it happened also.

I will look this weekend and see if I see any snags in the cable or anything else that may be hanging up.

Thank you for your input
2017-1-20
Use props
Rjroxie
lvl.1

United States

ePetLicensing.c Posted at 2017-1-20 20:05
Hi,

Never had this problem but try the steps I followed few moth ago.

I will try this soon but it also happened when I was flying with litchi once so I don't believe it would be an app issue but it is worth a try.

Thank you
2017-1-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Rjroxie Posted at 2017-1-20 20:41
Come to think of it, I believe that it has only happened when flying to the right as I have never changed direction on the point of interest, which is what it was doing when this happened. But it has happened when I was flying a mission with litchi once and I was also flying to the right when it happened also.

I will look this weekend and see if I see any snags in the cable or anything else that may be hanging up.

Whenever you can would be great. Keep me posted and the best of luck to you.
2017-1-20
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rjroxie Posted at 2017-1-20 20:42
I will try this soon but it also happened when I was flying with litchi once so I don't believe it would be an app issue but it is worth a try.

Thank you

Aloha roxie,

Aside from what Jamie and Pet are saying, I wonder if it could be related to the gimbal setting for FPV or Follow.  The effect you are having happened to me, but to a much less severe extent, when I was flying in FPV mode without the proper settings.  Check the General Settings for the Gimbal options and see if you are in FPV (blue).  If you are in FPV, switch it to Follow and see if it goes a way.  This may be a long-shot, but it is worth a look.  Good Luck!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules